IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why do Muslims  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why do Muslims

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
Author
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mansoor_ali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2008 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

YUSUFALI: Behold! Allah said: "O Jesus! I will take thee and raise thee to Myself and clear thee (of the falsehoods) of those who blaspheme; I will make those who follow thee superior to those who reject faith, to the Day of Resurrection: Then shall ye all return unto me, and I will judge between you of the matters wherein ye dispute.
PICKTHAL: (And remember) when Allah said: O Jesus! Lo! I am gathering thee and causing thee to ascend unto Me, and am cleansing thee of those who disbelieve and am setting those who follow thee above those who disbelieve until the Day of Resurrection. Then unto Me ye will (all) return, and I shall judge between you as to that wherein ye used to differ.
SHAKIR: And when Allah said: O Isa, I am going to terminate the period of your stay (on earth) and cause you to ascend unto Me and purify you of those who disbelieve and make those who follow you above those who disbelieve to the day of resurrection; then to Me shall be your return, so l will decide between you concerning that in which you differed.

YUSUFALI: And dispute ye not with the People of the Book, except with means better (than mere disputation), unless it be with those of them who inflict wrong (and injury): but say, "We believe in the revelation which has come down to us and in that which came down to you; Our Allah and your Allah is one; and it is to Him we bow (in Islam)."
PICKTHAL: And argue not with the People of the Scripture unless it be in (a way) that is better, save with such of them as do wrong; and say: We believe in that which hath been revealed unto us and revealed unto you; our Allah and your Allah is One, and unto Him we surrender.
SHAKIR: And do not dispute with the followers of the Book except by what is best, except those of them who act unjustly, and say: We believe in that which has been revealed to us and revealed to you, and our Allah and your Allah is One, and to Him do we submit.

YUSUFALI: If thou wert in doubt as to what We have revealed unto thee, then ask those who have been reading the Book from before thee: the Truth hath indeed come to thee from thy Lord: so be in no wise of those in doubt.
PICKTHAL: And if thou (Muhammad) art in doubt concerning that which We reveal unto thee, then question those who read the Scripture (that was) before thee. Verily the Truth from thy Lord hath come unto thee. So be not thou of the waverers.
SHAKIR: But if you are in doubt as to what We have revealed to you, ask those who read the Book before you; certainly the truth has come to you from your Lord, therefore you should not be of the disputers.

Here is thoroughly response 'Does Islam Endorse The Bible?'

honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2008 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

I know for a positive that my path is the true way to GOD, for He has spoken to me and carried me through all things.

Dear friend,
God speaks to us through His word, and He has given us capabilities to lead us into the right direction. However, it depends on us if we listen to what He has said and accpet that offer or refuse it. Each one of us has that chance and choice to make, not that it makes any differance for God rather to the individual. God has always offered His forgiveness to anyone who calls upon Him and seek His Mercy.
Hasan

The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

thomas-philip View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thomas-philip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2008 at 9:22am

As a "newbie" to your forum, I have found this discussion thread at times very insightful, yet sadly also needlessly divisive.  It is a pity that ALL cannot see what binds us, instead of focusing on what divides us?  I believe GOD/Allah/Yahweh/Jehova is patiently waiting for us to finally get that.  Fact: we are human; therefore flawed.  Our religous texts were written by humans and, therefore flaws exist.  What IS important is the basic intentions of HIS word. The 10 commandments spell it out pretty well.  Jesus's 11 comandment 'seals the deal' as to what we aLL must do.  Muslims, Christians & Jews are NOT to have false gods. We are NOT to treat others harshly, we ARE to forgive others.  The bottom line is that all 3 religions have flaws because they are rooted in our flawed humanity.  The sooner we really truly practice 'forgiveness', the sooner we will be in God's graces. 

honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2008 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by thomas-philip thomas-philip wrote:

As a "newbie" to your forum, I have found this discussion thread at times very insightful, yet sadly also needlessly divisive.  It is a pity that ALL cannot see what binds us, instead of focusing on what divides us?  I believe GOD/Allah/Yahweh/Jehova is patiently waiting for us to finally get that.  Fact: we are human; therefore flawed.  Our religous texts were written by humans and, therefore flaws exist.  What IS important is the basic intentions of HIS word. The 10 commandments spell it out pretty well.  Jesus's 11 comandment 'seals the deal' as to what we aLL must do.  Muslims, Christians & Jews are NOT to have false gods. We are NOT to treat others harshly, we ARE to forgive others.  The bottom line is that all 3 religions have flaws because they are rooted in our flawed humanity.  The sooner we really truly practice 'forgiveness', the sooner we will be in God's graces. 

Thomas-Philip,
let me say this very clearly you are very right that we must forgive each other and be kind to others, that's how you earn the favors of God according to the Quran.
Now let me also be clear. There is no flaws in Submission to God, that is Islam.  Nothing will save us from God's wrath if we turn to others in worship, or not direct our worship straight to God.

We can make all kind of alliances and so on, but unless we turn in worship to our Creator alone and turn away from false worship of false gods and intercessors, it will be a witness against us on the day of judgement, its of no avail.
The Quran 6:94 "And behold! ye come to us bare and alone as We created you for the first time: ye have left behind you all (the favours) which We bestowed on you: We see not with you your intercessors whom ye thought to be partners in your affairs: so now all relations between you have been cut off, and your (pet) fancies have left you in the lurch!"

Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

owen.grandison View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote owen.grandison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2009 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by seif the truth seif the truth wrote:

[QUOTE=believer]

follow hadith when the Quran is supposed to be complete?

Is it possible that Mohammad was not finnished when he died?

Quran is more than enough. we as human part of our job is to be reminder so the hadith has more detials about Mohamed PBUH, it tells you what and how he did things, so you remember and do the same

now the quran tells you to pray but you find how to pray in Quran because allah thought mohamed how.

simple answer for you is this

if you follow quran one of the things Quran ask you to do it to follow Mohamed and all Prophets , so hadith will be good for you to  Follow the Prophet

In the qur'aan 18:110 and 41:6, we read the following:  (SAY: I AM BUT A MAN LIKE YOURSELVES, (BUT) THE INSPIRATION HAS COME TO ME, THAT YOUR GOD IS ONE GOD: WHOEVEER EXPECTS TO MEET HIS LORD, LET HIM WORK RIGHTEOUSNESS, AND, IN THE WORSHIP OF HIS LORD, ADMIT NO ONE AS PARTNER.

The prophet muhammad made it clear that he was a man like any other and that you should not bind partners with allah.  So why do orthodox sunni muslims insist on giving him equal status with allah?  Like christians who defied the messiah jesus to the point where now there are those who say he is 'Allah'.  Muslims are doing the same thing and it is wrong, according to your doctrine!!!

Qur'aan 41:6 "SAY THOU: 'I AM BUT A MAN LIKE YOU: IT IS REVEALED TO ME BY INSPIRATION, THAT YOUR GOD IS ONE GOD: SO STAND TRUE TO HIM, AND ASK FOR HIS FORGIVENESS. AND WOE TO THOSE WHO JOIN  GODS WITH GOD."

In the following hadiyth extracted from sahih al bukhari by Dr. muhammad muhsin khan the prophet muhammad says that he is a human being and capable of forgetting things.

394.  NARRATED 'ABDULLAH:  THE PROPHET PRAYED (AND THE SUB NARRATOR IBRAHIM SAID, "I DO NOT KNOW WHETHER HE PRAYED MORE OR LESS THAN USUAL), AND WHEN HE HAD FINISHED THE PRAYERS HE WAS ASKED, "O ALLAH'S MESSENGER! HAS THERE BEEN ANY CHANGE IN THE PRAYERS?"  HE SAID, "WHAT IS IT?" THE PEOPLE SAID, "YOU HAVE PRAYED SO MUCH AND SO MUCH." SO THE PROPHET BENT HIS LEGS, FACED THE QIBLA AND PERFORMED TWO PROSTRATIONS (OF SAHU) AND FINISHED HIS PRAYERS WITH TASLIM (BY TURNING HIS FACE TO RIGHT AND LEFT SAYING: 'AS-SALAMU 'ALAIKUM-WRAHMAT-ULLAH').  WHEN HE TURNED HIS FACE TO US HE SAID, "IF THERE HAD BEEN ANYTHING CHANGED IN THE PRAYER, SURELY I WOULD HAVE INFORMED YOU BUT I AM A HUMAN BEING LIKE YOU AND LIABLE TO FORGET LIKE YOU.  SO IF I FORGET REMIND ME AND IF ANYONE OF YOU IS DOUBTFUL ABOUT HIS PRAYER, HE SHOULD FOLLOW WHAT HE THINKS TO BE CORRECT AND COMPLETE HIS PRAYER ACCORDINGLY AND FINISH IT AND DO TWO PROSTRATIONS (OF SAHU)

Sahih al bukhari
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
  Share Topic