IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Islamic Personalties
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - GREAT SCHOLARS OF ISLAM  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GREAT SCHOLARS OF ISLAM

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2008 at 6:53pm

Thank you very much. I am talking from what I am seeing myself with my own eyes.i.e. by observing things with my own eyes and experience with the Hadith people.

The persons who have not seen the disparity between the ahle Sunnah and the ahle hadith do not know much about the problem at hand. I do not blame any one. I believe that Sunnah is different from Hadith and it takes priority over the sayings of the prophet s.a.w.s. Sunnah comes next after the Quran. The Hadith or the sayings of the prophet s.a.w.s. are also very useful and binding on us after the Sunnah.

The Hadith (sayings) is to support the Sunnah and the Hadith are meant to serve the Sunnah (The practice) of the holy prophet s.a.w.s.  Thanks again.  Period

SaaDibnA.Waqqas View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SaaDibnA.Waqqas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2008 at 3:04am
Originally posted by Jazmine Jazmine wrote:

If Imam Bukhari met Imam Hambali it means they were of the same generation? http://www.islamicity.com/forum/smileys/smiley5.gif

As Brother Minuteman said :

�Imam Bukhari himself was not acting on any Hadith. He knew and was doing everything as per the practice of the holy prophet s.a.w.s. The collection of the narrations was an extra subject. Before he did such a great job,, he was still performing his wudhu and salat etc. He was acting on the Sunnah of the prophet s.a.w.s. which was in circulation all over the muslim countries (areas)�� (inviting attention to the life story of Imam Bukhari)

So this means that even Imam Hambali and the rest of those Imams were not acting on any Hadith as there were no Sahih Bukhari yet exist as it is still on the process of compilation etc,  but was acting on the Sunnah. So why not follow the same and lets be united into one? Quran and Sunnah and no more fanatical  Imam followers and no more labeling? Are we making things hard on us? Please no more insults, just tell me if am right or wrong  http://www.islamicity.com/forum/smileys/smiley18.gif

** Sunnah accordingly is the saying and deeds of the Prophet while Hadith is the sayings (included the instructions and inspirations) of the prophet; it means that hadith is one part of Sunnah. So if we put it into equation:-

Sunnah = sayings + Deeds of the Prophet

but Hadith = sayings of the prophet

therefore:-

Sunnah = Hadith + Deeds of the Prophet

am I right? Mr Minuteman & Mr Abdul-Azeem'876

Let's not jump into conclusion, you would have to study the whole history of how hadeeths came to being.
The four respected Imams (Imam Ahmed, Shafie, Abu Hanifa, and Malik) lived before Bukhari.
Imam Malik was born (90 Hijri) Abu Hanfia (80 Hijri). Just to gave you an example of how close they were to the Prophet SAW time.
They were both contemporary to the generation of Tabien (2nd generation of Muslim). Abu Hanifa is given the status of Tabie.

These early Imams wrote down their works,
Books by Abu Hanifa. Abu Hanifa also met the Sahaba Anas ibn Malik.
Kitaab-ul-Aathar - compiled from a total of 70,000 ahadit
  • Kitabul Asar
  • Aalim wa'l-muta�allim
  • Fiqh al-Akbar
  • Jaami�ul Masaneed
  • Kitaabul Rad alal Qaadiriyah

so it wasn't like Imam Bukhari came in got the hadeeths out of the blue.

Same can be said about the other 3 Imams. Infact their Madhab are interralted.

almuslim View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote almuslim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2012 at 5:28am
please when you talk about islamic topics be very serious alhamdulilaah you all are trying to seek knowledge  and this is the greatess step forward

Imam Bukhari came late but before him there were many school of thaughts and hadith books as well but they were all sincere in there practice of religion.
Imam Maliks' Sahih mutawatta was considered the most reliable source in sheikh bukhari time and still considered one of the most reliable.

keep on seeking knowledge

These great scholars not only spread the word but also replied to those non muslims who tried their best in every age to malign the image of islam. Below is given the list of some of the muslims scholars who achieved the respect through their great work on Islam.

The fuqaha and muhaditheen who did not care for the night and day and spent their entire lives in helping the cause of islam.

They include
IMAM ABU HANIFAH
IMAM BUKHAIR
IMAM MUSLIM
IMAM ABU DAWOOD
IMAM MALIK
IMAM HUNMBLE
IMAM AHMED

And those who were their students and were pious muslims, who did not utter a single word against the religion of ALLAH, nor did they innovated anything in the religion of ALLAH.

IMAM AN-NAWAWI
IBN-E KATHIR
MAULANA MAUDODI
JALAL UD DIN MAHALLI
JALAL UD DIN AL-SUYUTI (THESE �JALALS� ARE WRITERS OF TAFSIR-E JALALYN)
MUHAMMAD IBN-E ABDUL WAHAB
SHEIKH NASIR UD DIN ALBANI
SHEIKH UTHEMAN
SHEIKH SALMAN AL-OADAH
SHEIKH AYMAN BIN KHALED
SHEIKH IBN TAYMIYA
IMAM IBN HAJAR
SHEIKH IBN-AL QAYYIM
BASSAM ZAWADI
KHALID YASEEN
KAMAAL AL MEKKI
SHAYKH ZUBAIR ALI
SHAYKH FEIZ
SHAYKH MUBASHAR AHMAD RABBANI
IBN E HAJAR ASQALANI ( FATH UL BARI)

The IRF scholars/orators:

SHEIKH AHMED DEEDAT
DR. ZAKIR NAIK
DR. ISRAR AHMED
ABDUR RAHEEM GREEN
YUSUF ESTAS
YASIR FAZAGA
YASIR QAZI
BILAL PHILIPS
SALEM AL AAMRY
JAMAL BADAWI
DR. JAFAR IDRIS
DR. HUSSAIN HAED HASSAN (ISLAMIC FINANCE EXPERT)
ASIM AL HAKIM
HUSSAIN YEE
IMAM SIRAJ WAHAB
DR. MEHMOOD MUHAMMAD
RIAZ ANSARI
ABDUR RAHEEM MCCARTHY
ABDUL HAKIM QUICK
MUHAMMAD AL JIBALI
AMMAR AMONETTE

Among Others�

TAUSEEF UR REHMAN RASHIDI
SHAH WALIULLAH DEHLVI
IBTISAM ELAHI ZAHEER
DR FARHAT HASHMI
muslimahghuraba View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muslimahghuraba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2015 at 7:05am
The Prophet (sallallahu-alayhi-wasallam) said:

وَمَنْ لَّمْ يُبَجِّلْ عَالِمِيْنَا فَلَيْسَ مِنَّا

�The one who does not honour our �ulam� is not of us.�

Ibnul-Qayyim said:

�Scholars of Islam and those around whose sayings revolves Fatwa (religious counselling) among people; those who are endowed with the ability to derive rulings from the (the Qur�anic and Hadeeth) texts and whose preoccupation is the regulation of the lawful and unlawful things are to the earth what the stars are to the heaven.

It is through them that the confused get guidance and people�s need of them is greater than their need of food and drink. Allah makes obeying them greater than obeying parents when He says: �O you who believe! Obey Allah and obey the Messenger (Muhammad), and those of you (Muslims) who are in authority.� (An-Nisaa 4:59).

The �Ulamaa are the people�s refuge during calamities. Many a blind people have seen through them; many a dead have been given live by them; many a Sunnah have been spread through them and many an innovation have been efaced through them.�
rockk45 View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockk45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2018 at 2:52am
Nice post great for share i really inspired keep it up..!!
ZAHRA1234 View Drop Down
Female islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZAHRA1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2018 at 2:51am
jazak Allah khair wo all his sharing alhumdolillah i really love it keep sharing more relevant information please anyone tell me the end of hazrat yousaf A S story thanks in advance 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic