IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Converting to ISLAM  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Converting to ISLAM

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote basti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Converting to ISLAM
    Posted: 14 January 2008 at 2:02am
Hi...How can i convert to ISLAM? I'm in Abu Dhabi right now & i'm really interested & i wanna do it but i just don't know whom to approach here.
Aminah07 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aminah07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 3:57am

ASA Basti,

yes you can take Shahada(declaration of faith) and submit to Islam. Do you speak the language where you are? Or have some friends or coworkers there?  You can ask them for help and they can take you to the local mosque for Shahada.

You also can take Shahada here at this site if you go to the home page. In the far left of the home page just below the login you'll see a running tally of br's and sr's that took Shahada with Islamicity.

If you take Shahada with Islamicity you should still make some good contacts in your community. You will have a lot of questions. It's also good to build a support system up you'll need help at first for prayer etc.

Insha'Allah, Allah(swt) will make easy for you everything you want to accomplish.

rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 2:37pm
Bi ismilahi rahmani raheem

assalamu alaikum

Walk into any mosgue around prayer time and speak to the Imam of the mosque, he is usually the guy leading the prayer. tell him you want to convert and he will get you to say the shahadah in front of the people in the mosque as you need witnesses and thats it you will then become a muslim. I would advise learning about the 5 pillars of islam, shahadah [which is what you do to become a Muslim], prayer, fasting, zakkat and hajj, these are like the minimum responsibilities a Muslim has.

Aminah,

he is in a muslim country where there is a masjid about every kilometer it is more preferable to do it that way rather than online or on the phone.

Edited by rami
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
basti View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote basti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2008 at 4:53pm
thanks for the quick reply! I already spoke to one of my emirati friends about this & he told me that he will help me regarding my convertion.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic