IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Basics of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Marrying a muslim  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Marrying a muslim

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stardust00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Marrying a muslim
    Posted: 10 June 2005 at 8:33am
I am going to be marrying a muslim man from egypt in 1 year.  I will be moving out there to marry him.  We have known eachother for years and he has told me to he wants me to convert from christianity.  I plan on doing it but I would like to know what is the difference between the 2 religions and what is expected of a good muslim wife?
Ali Zaki View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ali Zaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2005 at 9:05am

Peace stardust00,

My advice: Convert first, then marry him.

Why? If you convert after you get married (even if your converstion is sincere), you will question your motivations. This creates uneccesary doubt and suffering. Think (and learn) first, then take action!

For the other information, see my reply to your posting in the other forum.

Peace

"The structure of faith is supported by four pillars endurance, conviction, justice and jihad."

Imam Ali (a.s.)
muslim_gal1988 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muslim_gal1988 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2005 at 5:02pm

salaamz sisters

ya i agree with ali i think u should Convert first then get married so atleast u no how it is to b a muslim...and the things that r expected are just pray, help ur mother in law with stuff like  shopping etc. do as they say...and just be a good friend and a good wife both at the same time. and try to understand them .cause itz not an eazy thing to convert religions..

and don't just convert it just for the sake of the marrige then thats not right do it from ur heart..because that is the right way then u would b a perfect muslim wife.

hope it works out

SALAMZ

ummsaleh View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummsaleh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2005 at 12:00pm
Have you ever been to Egypt? Don't marry him until you go there and check everything out, don't want to scare you, but i've been to Egypt and know lots of people there.
Lost somewhere in the Middle East.
muslim_gal1988 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muslim_gal1988 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2005 at 12:17pm

YA thats true

because sisiter remember anything can happen..so go to egypt and see how the people's life style IS, how they are,and see if u can live the they do.

SALAAMZ

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic