IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - THOSE THAT WILL ENTER JANNAH  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

THOSE THAT WILL ENTER JANNAH

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2008 at 3:46am

I think I only have one more point to raise regarding Jannah. We understand that a man will have virgins there. Surely that until a woman has sex with a man she is in fact virgin to him, even though she might have previously had sex with another?

Some years back I went to a Christian wedding where both spouses had previously been married and both had had children. During the time of their courtship they remained pure to eachother . The bride on her wedding day wore white, and some sneared at her, feeling that she should not have worn white which symbolised purity. But she replied that she had not had sex with her spouse before her marriage. So she was pure to him, and both were virgin to eachother. Her reply certainly made sense.

Returning to the subject of Jannah then. Could this apply there? After all there will be more women in Jannah that would have previously  been married in this life. It seems  reasonable that this might be the case. 

some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2008 at 5:48am

I hope there will be no sex in Jannah. There will be beautiful companions (spouses). But sex, I hope not and no maternity homes.

The people in Jannah according to Islam will be living happily by the Grace and countenance of Allah. Soul is niether masculine nor faminine. In the next world there will be a different body. The present body will not be there. So when we don't really know about the body then what is the use of talking about sex etc. Has any one presented any verse of Quran about sex in Jannah?? I hope not.

Let us try to understand the pleasures of Jannah from the Quran and also the torments of hell from the Quran.

Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2008 at 1:29am
Originally posted by minuteman minuteman wrote:

I hope there will be no sex in Jannah. There will be beautiful companions (spouses). But sex, I hope not and no maternity homes.

The people in Jannah according to Islam will be living happily by the Grace and countenance of Allah. Soul is niether masculine nor faminine. In the next world there will be a different body. The present body will not be there. So when we don't really know about the body then what is the use of talking about sex etc. Has any one presented any verse of Quran about sex in Jannah?? I hope not.

Let us try to understand the pleasures of Jannah from the Quran and also the torments of hell from the Quran.

Martha will get why, but I'm keeping my mouth shut on this one. 
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2008 at 2:06am

Minuteman :-I hope there will be no sex in Jannah. There will be beautiful companions (spouses). But sex, I hope not and no maternity homes.

I actually dont believe there will any sex in Jannah, as it would have no purpose.   But I wanted to mention it as there are so many sisters that would find sharing their husband there intolerable, and if there is any mention in Islam to make it clearer then I feel it would be helpful.

I was only interested in the 'virgin state' of women in Jannah, as I also feel this is helpful. Of course it would also apply to men there too.

My feeling is such that a marriage  in this life will be recognised by both parties concerned in Jannah, and that this will still remain special in Jannah. So a man could still have other wives without detracting from the original partnership in this life. The reason for more than one wife would only fulfill Allahs plan that all worthy women have a husband, as I already mentioned.

Of course, these are only my thoughts so am happy to be corrected if I am wrong.

(Angela, I see you have posted a reply whilst I have been busy with mine. I am treading on egg shells a bit here, but think you get my drift. You know sometimes it gets complicated when 2 religions buzz in my mind.  )

some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2008 at 6:44am
I know the feeling Martha.  I know the feeling being a convert myself.  I can't give up everything from Eastern Orthodoxy.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic