IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Stories - How I Became Muslim?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Not being afraid of ’Why?’  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Not being afraid of �Why?�

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Not being afraid of �Why?�
    Posted: 12 March 2005 at 11:43pm

I copied this story from islamicity.com, one of the comment of the following article:
http://www.islamicity.com/articles/Articles.asp?ref=IC0503-2 631

Quote:
============
As an American Muslim, born and raised in this country for almost 20 years, I understand the pressures our society creates on youth. Raised as a dedicated Catholic-Christian, asking Why was a sign of a "lack of faith." For 18 years, I was shunned away from the important answers about creation, life, and death. Answers that were more important than the questions, as it showed there was much more to life, than what we are lead to believe. I thank Allah everyday for the chance to learn and explore Islam. Though I am an educated college student, never in my life have i felt more appreciation to the values and beliefs that are displayed in Islam. Without those values, anarchy would be the destination of my country's future...something I am actively involved in preventing. So, it is important for us to live by example. If I never met some Turkish brothers, based on their genuine, good-hearted nature, I would not have been open to listening to the information about Islam. It was always curious to me, why "faith" in the U.S. is a noun, like "what faith are you?" Yet, faith in Islam is the action of peace, charity, community, and above all, prayer. This is something that I can never forget, the answer to my "Why else are we here?"

Kevin
====
End Quote

Edited by semar
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic