IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - interfaith masjid/church/synagogue/temple  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

interfaith masjid/church/synagogue/temple

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parolle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2005 at 8:19pm

As Salaamu Alaikum,

I wonder if this subject would fall inline with a Muslim man being married to a Christian woman and he attending church with her and the kids.  Then expecting her to attend Juma or any such function at the masjid with him?  What is the guidance on this?  This is all in hope that she will convert to Islam once being exposed to the jumat, inshaallah.

Of course, this multi-religion building just doesn't sound like a good idea at all.  This could be fuel for friction. Seperate buildings on the same property would be more like it but, not under the same roof.

amlhabibi2000 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amlhabibi2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2005 at 8:33pm

Actually at a UNiversity in my city Muslims, Christians , Jews and others have prayer meetings and other religious meetings in the same rooms and no one seems to mind, mind you all religious artifates are not left behind after the meeting and if they are they are discretly put to the side behind anyones view.

So I do not think it is a problem to have multi faiths practices going on in a builfding in fact I think it makes a lot of sense and is a greater chance for the communities to learn about other religion and faith practices and also join together to work on community issues that face every community and ion doing so bring peace and understanding.

Judgement day passes in the moment we decide something needs attention & we take positive action. Then there will be a great sorting out of people into groups, Inspired by Surah 99 Ayat 1-8
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic