IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > World Politics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Israel Officials In US To Discuss Iran  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Israel Officials In US To Discuss Iran

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salams_wife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Israel Officials In US To Discuss Iran
    Posted: 16 December 2007 at 4:50pm

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/12/16/ap/world/main36230 52.shtml

This story and others related to this topic really bother me.  Israel provided intelligence reports to the United States before when it wanted the US to attack Iraq.  The ploys worked, but it was discovered later that the intelligence was grossly innacurate.

Israel claims that if Iran manages to produce nuclear weapons than there is a good chance Iran might use them against Israel.  I really don't believe this is true for several reasons.  For one, to strike Israel would be to strike the Palestinians and possibly the other arab countries near Israel.  That area is very small and any nuclear activity could adversly effect everyone in the region.  I doubt the middle eastern countries or the world for that matter would stand for it.  Also, to hit Israel could also mean hitting the Alaqsa mosque.  I am not sure Iran is willing to sacrifice such a holy site just to get at Israel.  Finally, other countries like Pakistan and India have gained nuclear weapons and never used them on anyone.  There is a good chance this would be the case with Iran as well.

These are just points I want to make because this case disturbs me as an American.  We have enough problems without Israel trying to incite more problems and conflicts.  I would welcome other opinions and points of view on this matter.

Edited by Salams_wife
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2007 at 5:58am
Originally posted by Salams_wife Salams_wife wrote:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/12/16/ap/world/main36230 52.shtml

This story and others related to this topic really bother me.  Israel provided intelligence reports to the United States before when it wanted the US to attack Iraq.  The ploys worked, but it was discovered later that the intelligence was grossly innacurate.

Israel claims that if Iran manages to produce nuclear weapons than there is a good chance Iran might use them against Israel.  I really don't believe this is true for several reasons.  For one, to strike Israel would be to strike the Palestinians and possibly the other arab countries near Israel.  That area is very small and any nuclear activity could adversly effect everyone in the region.  I doubt the middle eastern countries or the world for that matter would stand for it.  Also, to hit Israel could also mean hitting the Alaqsa mosque.  I am not sure Iran is willing to sacrifice such a holy site just to get at Israel.  Finally, other countries like Pakistan and India have gained nuclear weapons and never used them on anyone.  There is a good chance this would be the case with Iran as well.

These are just points I want to make because this case disturbs me as an American.  We have enough problems without Israel trying to incite more problems and conflicts.  I would welcome other opinions and points of view on this matter.

Salaams,

I think your incite is excellent.  Jazzak Allah Khayr.
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Salams_wife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salams_wife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2007 at 3:45pm
Thankyou Herjihad, I don't want anyone to think I am defending Iran.  I just want to make the point that the United States shouldn't be drawn into any more conflicts unless it is absolutely necessary. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic