IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islamic INTRAfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Sunni Shiite Islam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sunni Shiite Islam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tasneem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2005 at 7:58pm

Br Ali Zaki

Perhaps I should give up and just pray & hope that the time will come when you and other Shia members will find the right way. Because your responses never directly address the issues I raise, I am again responding.

1. Hazrat Ali's name has never been mentioned in the Qur'an, but you (the site you refer to) claim that it is mentioned 300 times.

2. The difference of opinion we have about the interpretation of the meaning of "Imam" has in any case been meant for Ibrahim (A.S), not Hazrat Ali.

3. Regarding your last para- in my opinion your interpretation is wrong. It was Allah's will that the caliphate was not given to Ali, and it is your opinion that MOhammed (SAW) wanted Ali to be the Caliph. As Muslims we are to follow a leader whoever has been given the leadership, we may disagree with him, yet we are to obey him. When we obey our leader, we are obeying Allah's will. We disobey him only when he teaches as to go against the commandments of Allah.

You are today following leaders who are teaching you against the commandments of Allah. You wish to rely on your scholars to understand the Qur'an even though Allah has said He has made it plain and easy for us to understand. Eventhough your scholars are leading you in the wrong direction, you have been so thoroughly brainwashed that you are unable to see the right from the wrong. Br Ali Zaki, you are deceiving yourself.

Ali Zaki View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ali Zaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2005 at 5:33am

Br. Tasneem,

Regarding your points

1.) If we cannot even agree on the ONE verse that (even in mainstream Sunni books) is in reference to Imam Ali (a.s.) as a member of the Ahly Al'Bayt (the verse of purification), then I don't expect any agreement on this point. I don't know where the author came up with the number "300" (although I am not saying he is incorrect either, as I have not seen his evidence).

2.) I have never said that this verse is in reference to Imam Ali (a.s.). I cited the verse because it was pointed out to me that the Al-Islam.org has a passage that says that the "position of an Imam is higher then a Prophet." I was simply proving that in Quran this principle has been established.

3.) It was Allah's will that the caliphate was not given to Ali. I'm sure all usurpers and criminals around the world (who hide under the cloak of Islam) are happy to hear this from you. The "Ul Al'Amr" does not refer to any power-hungry despot who happens to gather a big enough army to steal what belongs to the Umma. Allah (s.w.a.) is "Al-Adl" (The Most Just), so how could he order you to obey a tyrant? May Allah (s.w.a.) guide you and I to the straight path.

"The structure of faith is supported by four pillars endurance, conviction, justice and jihad."

Imam Ali (a.s.)
Tasneem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tasneem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2005 at 10:51pm
006.091:And they do not assign to Allah the attributes due to Him when they say: Allah has not revealed anything to a mortal. Say: Who revealed the Book which Musa brought, a light and a guidance to men, which you make into scattered writings which you show while you conceal much? And you were taught what you did not know, (neither) you nor your fathers. Say: Allah then leave them sporting in their vain discourses.

006.092 :And this is a Book We have revealed, blessed, verifying that which is before it, and that you may warn the metropolis and those around her; and those who believe in the hereafter believe in it, and they attend to their prayers constantly.

006.093:And who is more unjust than he who forges a lie against Allah, or says: It has been revealed to me; while nothing has been revealed to him, and he who says: I can reveal the like of what Allah has revealed? and if you had seen when the unjust shall be in the agonies of death and the angels shall spread forth their hands: Give up your souls; today shall you be recompensed with an ignominious chastisement because you spoke against Allah other than the truth and (because) you showed pride against His communications.

006.104: Indeed there have come to you clear proofs from your Lord; whoever will therefore see, it is for his own soul and whoever will be blind, it shall be against himself and I am not a keeper over you.

006.112:Likewise did We make for every Messenger an enemy,- evil ones among men and jinns, inspiring each other with flowery discourses by way of deception. If thy Lord had so planned, they would not have done it: so leave them and their inventions alone.

b95000 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b95000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2005 at 11:50pm
Ali Zaki

"The structure of faith is supported by four pillars endurance, conviction, justice and jihad."

Imam Ali (a.s.)

================
What is meant by 'jihad' in the context of your quote?
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2005 at 4:21am

Bismillah,

I have been cogitating on something Brother Ali Zaki said before about why aren't Ali, AS, Hassan and Hussein quoted in Sahih Sunni Hadith.  These people were blessed and loved by prophet Muhammad, SAW, and had numerous opportunities to spend time with him, and were more important to him than Abu-Hureira.  How can we ignore their input?

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Tasneem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tasneem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2005 at 4:54pm

Assalamalaikum Herjihad

I shall try to answer your question. At the time Mohammed (PBUH) received nabuwat (prophethood) he was 40 and Hazrat Ali was only 10. MOhammed (PBUH) died at the age of 63 and Hazrat Ali would be 33. At the time of Mohammed (SAW) death Hazrat Hassan and Hussain would probably be between 10 to 15. The amount of time that Hazrat Ali, Hassan and Hussain got to spend with Mohammed (PBUH) was far less than Hazrat Abu Huraira, and even if they did because of their youth their experiences & impressions would not be as pronounced as those who spent a greater part of their lives in the company of the Prophet.

Hazrat Abu Huraira virtually spent all his time in the Mosque and was there most of the time in the company of the Prophet (PBUH).

Here are some excerpts about Abu Huraira (r.a.a)

Abu Huraira (r.a.a) enjoyed a great talent, he was gifted with an extraordinary long term memory to the extent that he would hear a discussion or a speech and be able to reproduce the identical discussion or speech years later without changing or deleting one single word from it.

This great gift that Abu-Huraira enjoyed could have been the worst thing that could have happened to him as some people used his well known and authentic name to make up false Ahadith about our beloved Prophet, and link these false Ahadith to Abu Huraira (r.a.a). However, through hard and sincere efforts put in by some of the pious scholars who sacrificed their lives to preserve and save our beloved Prophet's Ahadith (sayings) and save them from any harm by the enemies of Islam who tried to mislead Muslims by adding to them thing that were never said by the Prophet of Allah (s.w.t), Abu Huraira's reputation was saved from their wrong doing until our present day.

Abu Huraira became a Muslim at the hands of At-Tufayl Ibn Amr who was the chief of the tribe to which he belonged. When he submitted to the truthfulness of this religion, he accompanied At-Tufayl to Makkah and had the privilege of meeting the noble Prophet (s.a.w.). The Prophet (s.a.w) asked Abu Huraira what his name was, "Abdu-Shams" (the servant of the sun), Abu Huraira replied. So he was introduced by the holy Prophet (s.a.w) to change his name to "Abdur-Rahman" (the servant of the Beneficent). However, he continued to be known among people as "Abu Hurrah" (the kitten's father) because of his love for a cat he looked after and fed, and which used to stick to him wherever he went.

Abu Huraira lived with his mother who was still a Mushrik. He prayed for her and tried hard to convince her to join Islam, but she adamantly refused. One day when he was telling her about Islam she uttered some words about the Prophet which saddened Abu Huraira greatly. He went to the Prophet (s.a.w), his eyes full of tears and told him about what had happened between him and his mother. He also asked the Prophet to make supplication to Allah (s.w.t) for her to make her heart respond to Islam. The Prophet responded to Abu Huraira's request and prayed for his mother. When Abu Huraira returned home he was delighted to hear his mother, who had just taken a shower, testifying that there is no god but Allah and that Muhammad is His Servant and His Messenger. So he rushed back to the Prophet with his eyes glowing with joy, and informed him that Allah had answered his prayers, and guided his mother to Islam. He then said: "O Allah's Messenger, Ask Allah to make me and my mother lovable to the believing men and women". So he (s.a.w.) said: "O Allah, make this servant of yours and his mother lovable to every believing man and woman".

With his great gift and talent, Abu Huraira realised that he was able to serve this religion a great deal. He realised that, because many of the early companions who had the most knowledge died in the battles in Allah's cause, this religion needed people to preserve it, as in these days the companions used to write only the Qur'an fearing it might get mixed with the Hadith of the Messenger, if the latter was to be documented too. Even among those who had a great deal of knowledge, many of them were occupied by their trades and didn't have as much free time as Abu Huraira to spend with the Prophet (s.a.w). Also the fact that he had an extraordinary long term memory meant that he could hear the Prophet's teachings and be able to ask a writer to write them later knowing that he will not forget any of them. Therefore, during the four years Abu Huraira stayed with the Prophet (s.a.w) in Madinah, he set himself to accompany the holy Prophet to gain knowledge and memorise his sayings and teachings in order to preserve the word of Allah (s.w.t) and the teachings of his beloved Prophet (s.a.w). The Prophet (s.a.w.) himself directed Abu Huraira to an effective way to memorise his Hadiths, Abu Hurrah said: Allah's Prophet one day said to us: "whoever spreads his dress until I finish my talk, and then takes hold of it, will not forget anything from what he heard from me".

The fact that Abu Huraira set himself to preserve the teachings of the noble Prophet, meant that he was always close to the Prophet (s.a.w) in his stay in Madinah, as he had free time at his disposal, unlike the Muhajirin he did not work in trade and unlike the Ansar he did not have a land to look after. This enabled Abu Huraira to stay with the noble Prophet at Madinah and to go with him on journeys and expeditions.

He loved the Prophet a great deal, he was never tired of looking at the Prophet nor was he tired of listening to him. Often he would praise Allah for his good fortune and say "Praise be to Allah who has guided Abu Huraira to Islam, Praise be to Allah who taught Abu Huraira the Qur'an, Praise be to Allah who has bestowed on Abu Huraira the companionship of Muhammad (s.a.w)".

Abu Huraira underwent much hardship and difficulties as a result of devoting his life to knowledge and companionship of the holy Prophet (s.a.w): "One day, my hunger became so severe that I placed a stone on my stomach. I then sat down in the path of the companions. Abu Bakr passed by and I asked him about an Ayah of the book of God. I only asked him so that he would invite me but he didn't".

After the death of the holy Prophet (s.a.w), Abu Huraira continued his duties in conveying the teachings of the Prophet (s.a.w). He went on preaching a great number of Ahadith, which made some of his friends curious of the large amount of Ahadith that he memorised in such a short time. Although the fact that he was able to memorise so many Ahadith was justified by the fact that he was dedicated to staying with the Prophet and due to the extraordinary ability to memorise speeches from the first time.

Darakhshan View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darakhshan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2018 at 10:49pm
I cannot find volume 9 of Al-Kafi anywhere as mentioned by you
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
  Share Topic