IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Islamic Personalties
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - MALCOLM X   in   IRAN  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MALCOLM X in IRAN

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sulooni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MALCOLM X in IRAN
    Posted: 25 September 2007 at 5:36am
+

Long before America Dared to issue a Stamp of Malcolm X - Iran proudly issued one over twenty years ago.

http://www.insight-info.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp? ForumID=9&TopicID=2026&PagePosition=1

The stamp issued by Iran:

Universal day of struggle against race discrimination

http://www.insight-info.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp? ForumID=9&TopicID=2026&PagePosition=1

www.insight-info.com/forum/default
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2008 at 3:34am
Very interesting ! Clap

Critisicm aside, there are certain points where I think Iran is doing a good job.
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2015 at 4:25pm
Greetings abuayisha,

I was putting thought into my reply to you when interestingly I had the opportunity to re-watch the Malcolm X movie (because it was on TV today)
and re-affirm my original impressions from the first time I saw it and researched about him.
My impression had been, and remains;

The 'nation of islam' is not about God, it's about race, and it uses islam, as a way to further divide the races.  Malcom X is perhaps mostly, the role model of men filled with hatred... a role model to perpetuate the hatred that exists in racism... not peace, although that seems to be the path Macolm X was headed to, towards the end of his life.

The experience of Malcolm X shows how easy it is to use hatred to make recruits of men in prison for misguided causes.  It shows how the devil finds many a man for his purposes, in prisons... using their inherent passions to misguide them into continuing on wrong paths, rather than discouraging those and leading to better paths.  It shows just how tricky the devil is in his deceits.

Anything that inspires hostility and division can not be from the Creator...
Anything that focuses power on man, can not be from the Creator.
Why would anyone follow the path of Malcolm X when they have the far superior example of Martin Luther King Jr.... the true path of God.
Malcolm and his family never quite escaped from the thug culture, if you look at the actions from his child and grandchild after him.

It's obvious Malcolm chose a wrong path, was misled and deceived.  He took a crooked path and found some of the Truth.  He seemed to be on his way to finding the right path towards the end of his life.

on a comment about the assassination of Malcolm X;
"we haven't learned to disagree without being violently disagreeable." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

All that the movement of Malcolm X does is twist and distort thinking, and adds to hostilities and divisions.
I see the people that associate themselves with 'the nation of islam' as a gang of thugs, drawn to what they are used to, seeking power, using religion to attain it.

He advocated for segregation and looking at the world it is easy to see that is not the right way.  It only perpetuates misunderstanding, mistrust, and continuing hostility.
I see that this attitude of segregation began to change after he went on Hajj...
yet he still seemed to cling to black unity against 'whites'...
I find it interesting how this ignores so many people of the world... why are things so often measured as 'black' vs. 'white'?
What about the asians, the indians both of the nation of India and of the American continent?  What about Mexicans, Latinos, Arabs, Polynesians, Malaysians, and all the many multi cultured people of the world?

All things from the devil are deception... a little bit of the Truth to lure innocent people into serving him and his purposes.

He spoke against racism, yet didn't seem to see that he advocated for reverse racism.

I don't think Malcolm X is a man to be celebrated.

The same, and better, was achieved through the efforts of Martin Luther King, Jr., in unison with other races. 
Surely this is a thing more to be celebrated among muslims who say that the religion of islam defeats racism.

asalaam and blessings,
Caringheart
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
lady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 12:12pm
I just finished reading the autobiography of Malcolm X because of your statement that he should not be a man to be celebrated at all. I never thought him to be anything but a religious man.   
CH maybe you should stop watching movies, and actually read a book that was written about him from a person who actually knew him well.
After he completed Hajj, he continued to want black unity against anyone who were the oppressors. And during that time, blacks were being exploited and oppressed by the majority of whites. And during his time, there were a lot of whites who believe in the oppression of blacks. Not only the US knew about this fact but there were a lot of foreignor leaders who were supportive of him because they were fighting for the same things in their country as he was in the US. All they wanted was to be   treated as an human being and not to be discussed by the masses only for exploitation reasons. The countries that loved his ideas were countries like Iran, Pakistan, all of African continents,China, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, etc.
Inshallah, we will continue to have more religious leaders such as Malcolm X who will fight against the oppressors not just by word of mouth but by unifying the masses who are constantly oppressed by the west or even people in their own country.

Oh Allah, please forgive him of his sins, protect his soul from getting tormented in the grave and grant him Jinnah as a martyr.

Edited by lady - 29 May 2015 at 12:17pm
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 7:07am
Lady, I think Malcolm was more of a civil rights leader, and not a religious leader. In any case, I found reading the biography of his life much better than the autobiography written by Alex Haley, which I also read many years ago. If you get a chance read the biography written by Manning Marable. With respect to your du'a; Ameen!

http://www.amazon.com/Malcolm-X-Reinvention-Manning-Marable/dp/0143120328/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8
lady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2015 at 5:08am
Jazakallah. I am reading something now and inshallah, I will try to buy that book after Ramadan. I hate reading sad books, but I also don't want to remain ignorant as well.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic