IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Does God beget ?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Does God beget ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 515253
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2008 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by myahya myahya wrote:

Robin: You have to use the Bible to show me where it is wrong, as I do not except the Quran as God's word, thus it has no authority when it comments on the Bible from my point of view!

In the very verse you quoted (Revelation 22:18-19), why do you think it is mentioned that �If anyone makes an addition to these things,� or �if anyone takes anything away from the words of the scroll of this prophecy� ? It clearly means that people will do it. That is why it is warning people to avoid it. It would have been the same for Quran if Allah had not kept it. Allah in Quran says: �WE preserve it� and He did.

Thus as the Quran is an addition to the Bible (along with anything else by anyone) then it is not sanctioned by the God of the Bible.

In addition, I have to say that you are carving a belief for yourself saying �I do not except the Quran as God's word�. Isa a.s. never told people to deny the true religion or Holy book after him.  Because he knew that there had to be a new religion, a new book and the last prophet, while inviting people to the guidance after him.

Christianity was and is that "new religion," which in reality is a the fulfillment of  Judasium! robin

minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2008 at 11:31pm

robin you wrote:

John 1:14

So the Word became flesh and resided among us, and we had a view of his glory, a glory such as belongs to an only-begotten son from a father. . 

Who told this to John? Mathew did not know it. Mark did not know it. Luke did not know it. Jesus did not know it. Who told John? It is just a make up story without any proof. That is your mistake. Any one who comes along and tells you something (He being nothing), you believe him. He does not say that God has told him that flesh business.

How can the word become flesh. That is another problem.. Keep on inventing any sentence, any irrational thing. You will have bagful of your own ideas only. On the other hand if some one will tell that so and so had been revealed to a man of God (Muhammad), you do not believe that. What a good judgement you have, or your book is teaching you. It can never be correct.

Anyhow, believe what you like and reject what you like. You will be treated in the same manner as you judge others.

In another version, it it is said "In the beginning was the word. The word was with God. The word was God." That is from John. Just imagine the words. Word was with god and word was god.  So it means god was with god. Is it not a meaningless sentence?  Thanks for your words of advice.

Edited by minuteman - 26 July 2008 at 11:33pm
robin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2008 at 4:22am
Originally posted by minuteman minuteman wrote:

robin you wrote:

John 1:14

So the Word became flesh and resided among us, and we had a view of his glory, a glory such as belongs to an only-begotten son from a father. . 

Who told this to John? Mathew did not know it. Mark did not know it. Luke did not know it. Jesus did not know it. Who told John? It is just a make up story without any proof. That is your mistake. Any one who comes along and tells you something (He being nothing), you believe him. He does not say that God has told him that flesh business.

How can the word become flesh. That is another problem.. Keep on inventing any sentence, any irrational thing. You will have bagful of your own ideas only. On the other hand if some one will tell that so and so had been revealed to a man of God (Muhammad), you do not believe that. What a good judgement you have, or your book is teaching you. It can never be correct.

Anyhow, believe what you like and reject what you like. You will be treated in the same manner as you judge others.

In another version, it it is said "In the beginning was the word. The word was with God. The word was God." That is from John. Just imagine the words. Word was with god and word was god.  So it means god was with god. Is it not a meaningless sentence?  Thanks for your words of advice.

First let me ask, have you read Matthew, Mark, Luke & John?
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2008 at 7:59am
Who told this to John?

GOD

Mathew did not know it. Mark did not know it. Luke did not know it. Jesus did not know it.

Just because they didn't write about it doesn't mean they didn't know it.  How much better can it be said?

Who told John?

GOD

It is just a make up story without any proof.

Even the Quran says Jesus was the WORD.

Any one who comes along and tells you something (He being nothing), you believe him.

Yes anyone can say this is a "book of truth, from GOD".  The Bible has mentioned prophecies and then the prophecies are fulfilled to prove it is from GOD.  There are also histories of man lost to us that are being proven by archealogy.  Secular historians have writings that agree with the Bible.

How can the word become flesh.

Are you really saying that a GOD that made the universe can not have a SON that are in fact His Word made flesh?  We have an awesome GOD with limitless abilities.

Jesus is GOD's Word in action.  As Jesus spoke it was GOD's Word speaking.  Word are under the authority of the speaker.  My words do not come out of my mouth by themselves I have to initiate and guide them to you.  They are an extension of me.  Other people know me by my words.

In another version, it it is said "In the beginning was the word. The word was with God. The word was God." That is from John. Just imagine the words. Word was with god and word was god.  So it means god was with god. Is it not a meaningless sentence? 

No it is a beautiful sentence.  Think of the power of the human words- a word of kindness can light up another's day.  A word of meaness can stab one through the heart.

Now think of GOD's Word-

Genesis 1

3 And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light.

And through GOD's Word the whole universe is made.
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
myahya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myahya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2008 at 1:05am

Robin:

Thus as the Quran is an addition to the Bible (along with anything else by anyone) then it is not sanctioned by the God of the Bible.

For you, Quran is a new book to Bible (unless you dream that it is a changed or corrupted Bible without reason). It is the words of God of Isa a.s. revealed to Mohammad s.a.w.a. (unless you dream that Isa a.s. is the seal of the prophets, the last one of them without reason).

Christianity was and is that "new religion," which in reality is a the fulfillment of  Judasium! Robin

You wouldn�t like to believe in the prophet Mohammad s.a.w.a. and for doing so you do not have any reason but your own desire. OK.

Edited by myahya - 28 July 2008 at 3:50am
robin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2008 at 5:43am
Originally posted by myahya myahya wrote:

You wouldn�t like to believe in the prophet Mohammad s.a.w.a. and for doing so you do not have any reason but your own desire. OK.

My own desire, yes, for truth!
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2008 at 6:41am
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

It is just a make up story without any proof.

Even the Quran says Jesus was the WORD.

Do you think you can bring what is in the quran Smile
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
myahya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myahya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2008 at 1:18am
Robin: My own desire, yes, for truth!
We all have the desire for truth. This is not a proof for denying the prophet of Allah s.w.t. Be sincere in you desire and Be sure that Allah s.w.t and whoever Allah wills know what is in your heart. In your heart, If you are really not convinced yet, then dare to say �I do not know� and �I am not convinced yet� instead of trying to disprove what you do not know, unreasonably.

Edited by myahya - 29 July 2008 at 1:23am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 515253
  Share Topic