IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reviews - Media > Websites & Internet
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Do Gmail calendars hack into our system ?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Do Gmail calendars hack into our system ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahmud200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do Gmail calendars hack into our system ?
    Posted: 08 November 2009 at 5:40am
Salaam.
Google/Gmail has various calendars like "Islamic Holidays", "Phases of the Moon", etc.
Is it safe to use them? Are they made by Google itself? If not, does that mean they can hack into our system?

(Gmail -> Calendar -> Settings -> Browse interesting calendars)

Also, does Yahoo have such calendars?

Pati View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 11:30pm
Salams,

My experience with Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc... is not much good.

After time, I realized that they are searching even inside the mails. For instance, now, I will start a Master in Environment, and I was asking for information by mail to the University for 2 weeks.

The mail I used, is only for really close friends, family and work matters, because all my information is there... well, after few days, I started receiving I don't know how many offers about different Masters and Environmental courses... from webpages I didn't know, so... what I think is that Yahoo is sending me the information and earning money.

I suppose that the personal mails are not interesting for them, but who knows what may happens.

Really, I will be more careful with my e-mails, and I suggest you to do so.

Regards,
Patricia
No God wants the killing, but the peace.
The weapons are carried by people, not by religions.
Full of Hopes View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2009 at 6:19am

Hello there, It is nice to see here you again, Pati, and even great to know about your masters. Good luck, sweetie.. Star

ok now I will be careful about the calender but can any one see my mail in box?
 I really hope to know.

And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic