IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Men (Brothers)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - to survive alone, i’d think i was whole  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

to survive alone, i�d think i was whole

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rookaiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2006 at 12:06am

salaams

im trying to understand here, but this is way over my head

are u perhaps saying that one should maybe do things in moderation. there should a balance in our lives. one shouldnt be so wrapped up in the pleasures of the world, thus neglecting to pray etc, nor should one neglect wordly issues and not work and earn a living, but only worship, cos who will foot the bills and see to what needs to be taken care of?

am i perhaps understanding u at all or have i gone off at a tangent.

Antony-Islah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antony-Islah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2006 at 4:22am

have i gone off at a tangent

no, not at all, i think you have pretty good understanding of the middle way in many aspects.

Those who believe in �evolution�, believe that matter gave birth to consciousness, which is like saying - their material desires give birth to all their conscious thoughts and hence actions. Those who believe in �creationism�, believe that a Consciousness created the heavens and the earth, which is like saying - spiritual awareness has control over all thoughts and hence actions (fasting been a prime example of this control).

In this context, yes you describe the middle way very well, as long as that middle way adheres to the - Consciousness first perspective.        

The Taoist perception of heaven (mentioned above) is somewhat different to Islam�s perception, however the details of this difference are not outlined in the quote, hence why I felt comfortable in using it�..

What the quote does describe in a beautiful way, is that if a person has blind faith they will still be perceptible to sin, in that they will still be perceptible to �been deceived� (into sin), because they may not understand why they need to act in a certain manner (which is like saying they do not have prior awareness of the consequences of a particular action, and hence may blindly indulge in that action)��. If a person posses an awareness of why they need to act in a certain manner, they posses a much stronger faith.   

Antony-Islah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antony-Islah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2006 at 1:27pm

(the above - cleaned up a bit)

A difference between evolution & creationism

To believe in �evolution� is to believe matter (by chance) gave birth to consciousness, which (in worldly terms) is equivalent to saying - material desire gives birth to all conscious thought and hence action (slaves of the flesh are examples of this).

To believe in �creationism� is to believe that a Consciousness created the heavens and the earth, which (in worldly terms) is equivalent to saying � the morality of the soul has control over thought and hence action (fasting been a prime example of this).

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic