IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Excellent Quotes  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Excellent Quotes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Excellent Quotes
    Posted: 26 January 2007 at 7:35pm

Salam Alaikom

Every punishment from Him is pure justice and every blessing from Him is pure grace. (Majm� 'ul-Fat�w�, 10/85)

Whoever desires everlasting bliss, let him adhere firmly to the threshold of servitude (quoted by Ibn Al-Qayyim, Mad�rij 1/531)

The Lord loves to be loved. (Majm� 'ul-Fat�w�, 1/54)

Guidance is not attained except with knowledge and correct diorection is not attained except with patience. (Majm� 'ul-Fat�w�, 10/40)

In this world there is a paradise, whoever does not enter it will not enter the Paradise of the Hereafter (quoted by Ibn Al-Qayyim, Al-W�bil p.69)

The one who is [truly] imprisoned is the one whose heart is imprisoned from Allah and the captivated one is the one whose desires have enslaved him. (quoted by Ibn Al-Qayyim, Al-W�bil p.69)

The whole religion revolves around knowing the truth and acting by it, and action must be accompanied by patience. (Majm� 'ul-Fat�w�, 10/38)

Worship is founded upon the Legal Law and following it, not upon ones base desires and innovation. (Majm� 'ul-Fat�w�, 1/80)

If you do not taste the sweetness of an action in your heart, suspect it, for the Lord, Exalted is He, is the Appreciative. (quoted by Ibn Al-Qayyim, Mad�rij 2/68)

The more the servant loves his Master, the less will he love other objects and they will decrease in number. The less the servant loves his Master, the more will he love other objects and they wil increase in number. (Majm� 'ul-Fat�w�, 1/94)

Perpetually is the servant either the recipient of a blessing from Allah, in which case he is in need of gratitude; or he is the perpetrator of a sin, in which case he is in need of repentance; he is always moving from one blessing to another and is always in need of repentance. (Majm� 'ul-Fat�w�, 10/88)

Sins cause harm and repentance removes the cause. (Majm� 'ul-Fat�w�, 10/225)

In this world, man finds in the remembrance of Allah, praising Him and worshipping Him, a delight that is incomparable to anything else. (Minh�j As-Sunnah 5/389)

Bearing witness to tawh�d (pure monotheism) opens the door of good and repentance from sins closes the door of evil. (Majm� 'ul-Fat�w�, 10/256)

The most na�ve thing in my eyes is to linger in sin - with no regrets - hoping for a far off pardon and to come closer to Allah without doing anything and to wait for the harvest of Jannah while planting the seeds of hellfire - waiting for reward without performing any deeds.

Yahya ibn Mu'adh rahimuhullah

The Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu �alayhi wa sallam)said, "supplication is the weapon of the believer, the pillar of the religion, and the light of the heaven and earth."

[Reported by al-Haakim in his 'Mustadrak' from the hadeeth of Alee bin Abee Taalib radiAllahu 'anhu]

Not every individual who is endowed with knowledge and wisdom and dons its robe is from among its people. Rather the People of Knowledge and Wisdom are those who have infused life into their hearts by slaughtering their desires.

Imaam Ibnul-Qayyim al-Jawziyyah (d.751H)

It was said by Imam al-Shafi'i (a great scholar):

"I wish people would learn what I have to give, without it being attributed to me. In this way, I will receive the reward for it from Allah, without having people�s praise."

He also said:

So whomsoever holds fast to Allaah is truly saved from mankind, And whosever's hopes are in Him, will be far removed from any regrets.

Ibraaheem al-Harbee said,

�I heard Ahmad (Ahmad Ibn Hanbal) say, �If you love that Allaah should keep you upon that which you love, then remain upon that which He loves, and the good is in the one who sees no good in himself (out of modesty).�

Al-Hasan Al-Basri (May Allaah have mercy on him) used to say,

"If you are not able to stand in the night prayer, nor able to fast during the day, then know that you are deprived and you have been shackled by your mistakes and sins."

Omar Ibn il Khatab (one of the prophets greatest companions and second caliph i.e Muslim ruler after the prophets death) may Allah be pleased with him said :

"Bring yourself to account before you are brought to account. And weigh your deeds before your deeds are weighed."

Shaykh Muhammad Saalih Ibnul 'Uthaymeen:

So verily the knowledge of tawheed [the oneness of Allaah] is the noblest of sciences, and the greatest in rank, and most obligatory to be studied because it is the knowledge of Allaah the Exalted, and His Names, and His Attributes, and His Rights upon His slaves.

What could my enemies have done to me? My heaven and paradise is in my heart; wherever I go it accompanies me. My imprisonment is only an opportunity to be alone(in worship); my murder is only a martydom; to exile me from my country is a journey in Allah's path).

Ibn Taymiyyah

Once �Umar ibn �Abdul �Az�z (rahimahull�h) was advised,

�O �Umar, beware of being the ally of All�h in open, while being His enemy in secret. If one�s nature in open and secret do not equate then he is a hypocrite, and the hypocrites occupy the lowest level in Hellfire.�

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic