IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Science & Technology
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - universe shaped like a trumpet  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

universe shaped like a trumpet

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firewall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2005 at 5:26am
bismillahi rahmani raheem,

Quran, 21:104 And (remember) the Day when We shall roll up the heavens like a scroll rolled up for books, as We began the first creation, We shall repeat it, (it is) a promise binding upon Us. Truly, We shall do it.

wow... now i can imagine how rolling up the heavens like a scroll that will be, albeit still with limited knowledge. still, this is interesting. wallahu a'lam.
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2005 at 7:37am

Bismillah,

Interesting discussion.  I do believe that Kim is a fine name.  Definitely a keeper!

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2005 at 4:35pm
I believe that there are many plausible theories that point to the
shape of the universe. If we look back in time many great
Astrophysicist and philosophers though that the universe was
spherical. Einstein too, thought that the universe too as well
could be spherical. Now you have new theories that could be
spherical. My question is how can you know the shape of
something that extends to ad infinitum? If anything the
universe is in the shape of square because since the Big Bang
I believe that all of existence spread in three-dimensional
direction.
firewall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firewall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2005 at 8:04am
salam israfil,

i think a square doesn't seem like it -- coz surely the corners expand faster than then rest? still i don't know, i just thought that. i much like the sphere & trumpet, as most everything in the universe is somewhat rounded, & the spread is more evenly distributed.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic