IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - marriage with your own choice  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

marriage with your own choice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raz84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: marriage with your own choice
    Posted: 13 September 2007 at 6:44am

assalmu alikum,

do any sisters know any duas which i can pray, i want to get married to one of my cousins who is divorced.he is my paternal uncles son.  i always liked him as a cousin and we were suppose to get married but due to allahs decision it wasnt meant to be.

he is not divorced and is looking to get married, his dad hasnt asked for my rishta maybe cos they are embarassed to ask as he is divorced,i dont want to mention anything as im shy, only sister knows about this and she also thinks it would be a perfect match inshallah.

can any sisters help me out or advise what i should do, as i am very confused.

jazakallah

marchfriday View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marchfriday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2007 at 2:25am

read salatul-hajat and salatul-istakhara, Inshallah Allah will help you and will show you way

raz84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raz84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2007 at 2:36pm

assalu alikum,

whay is the procedure of praying these salaahs?

righteous_4ever View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote righteous_4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2007 at 12:49pm
istikharah ... allumma inni astakheeruka bi 'ilmika wa astaqdiruka wa asaluka min fadhlika 'azeem fa'innaka taqdiru wala aqdiru wa t' alamu walaa 'aalamu wa anta 'allaamul ghuyoob allaahumma in kunta t'alamu anna haazal amra khayrun li fee deeni wa ma 'aashi wa 'aaqibati amri faqdirhuli wa yassirhu li thumma baarik li feehi wa in kunta Tt'alamu anna haazal amra sharrul li fi deeni wa ma 'aashi wa 'aaqibati amri fasrifhu 'anni wasrifni 'anhu waqdirliyal khayra haythu kaana thummar dhinee bihi ameen

meaning in english for this dua is .... o allah i ask you the good through your knolwledge and i ask you to grant me the ability through you power and beg your favor out of your infinite bounty. for surely, you have the power and i have none. you know all and i know not. you are the knower of all that is hidden. o allah, if in your knowledge, this matter be good for my faith, my livelihood and the consequences of my affairs in the world and the hereafter then ordain it for me and make it easy for me and bless me thereien. but if in your knowledge, this matter be bad for my faith, my livelihood and the concequences of my affairs in the world or the hereafter then turn it away from me and turn me away therefrom and ordain for me the goodwhever it be and cause me to be pleased therewith ameen.

you pray two nafil istikaharah thereafter doing this dua in whatever language possible.
note. when reaching the word haazal amr one should make niyyat or say of one need for which one is doing istikharah there is also hadeeth when the prophet may peace and blessing be with him used to teach quaran to the children he would make sure he would teach this simple dua as it is of an importance to our faith people dnt do this dua for such small things like the people used to at the prophet muhammad may peace and blessings be with him time we tend to do this dua when sending our children to school asking allah to help with whatever is best for them or buying a car buying a house but you can do istikharah for the most small things such as buying a new hijab or buying a new juba the more you ask allah the more he will guide you inshallah
people say that you have a dream or you feel it in your heart allah will inshallah give some sort of sign inshallah.
Hadia
righteous_4ever View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote righteous_4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2007 at 12:52pm
Istikhara or prayer of guidance
Concerning the ritual prayer for guidance in choosing the best option [Salat al-Istikhara],
and the prayer of supplication [dua] appropriate to it

According to a traditional report transmitted on the authority of Muhammad ibn al-Munkadir, it was Jabir ibn 'Abdi'llah (may Allah be well pleased with him and with his father) who said:

"Allah's Messenger (Allah bless him and give him peace) used to teach us how to seek guidance in choosing the best option available in a practical enterprise [al-istikhara fi 'l-amr], just as he would sometimes teach us a Chapter [Sura] from the Qur'an.  :

"'If one of you is concerned about some practical undertaking, or about making plans for a journey, he should perform two cycles of ritual prayer [rak'atain], not as an obligatory observance [farida], but voluntarily. Then he should say:

'"O Allah, I ask You to show me what is best, through Your knowledge, and I ask You to empower me, through Your power, and I beg You to grant me Your tremendous favor, for You have power, while I am without power, and You have knowledge, while I am without knowledge, and You are the One who knows all things invisible.

Allahumma inni astakhiru-ka bi-'ilmi-ka wa astaqdiru-ka bi-qudrati-ka wa as'alu-ka min fadli-ka 'l-'azim fa-inna-ka taqdiru wa la aqdiru wa ta'lamu wa la a'lamu wa Anta 'Allamu 'l-ghuyub

O Allah, if You know that this undertaking is in the best interests of my religion, my life in this world, and my life in the Hereafter, and can yield successful results in both the short term and the long term, then make it possible for me and make it easy for me, and then bless me in it.

Allahumma in kunta ta'lamu anna hadha 'l-amra khairun li fi dini wa dunyaya wa akhirati wa 'aqibati amri wa 'ajili-hi wa ajili-h :fa-'qdir-hu li wa yassir-hu li thumma barik li fi-h

If not, then turn it away from me, and make it easy for me to do well, wherever I may happen to be,  and make me content with Your verdict, O Most Merciful of the merciful.'"

wa illa fa-'srif-hu 'an-ni wa yassir liya 'l-khaira haithu kana ma kuntu wa raddi-ni bi-qada'i-ka ya Arhama 'r-rahimin
Hadia
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic