IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Social Tolerance..  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Social Tolerance..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2006 at 8:48am

Well, I haven't seen any Muslims in Texas carrying anti-American banners and calling for death to the infidel.

These same questions and issues arose here in the states in the 1950's and 1960's when African Americans wanted civil rights and equal treatment. The average white person was horrified at black people marching en masse and expected the apocalypse. I guess they are still waiting. The truth is, if you discriminate, humiliate, and denigrate any group of people enough they will rise up in protest.

Most experts agree that within a few decades caucasions will be the minority in the USA. Perhaps there are the same statistics in Europe? I guess with this as a future, we should be learning to get along better with everyone and accepting different ways and cultures. Otherwise it will be us on the fringe feeling disinfrancised and protesting for our rights.

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic