IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Stories - How I Became Muslim?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Islamic family  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Islamic family

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kralice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Islamic family
    Posted: 30 June 2009 at 12:35am
I am at the begınnıng of my new lıfe as a muslim & I have joıned this forum as part of my learning.

I have been wıth my partner for over 3 years and because he ıs muslim I guess I began to look more closely at Islam. My own background is typıcal of many Englısh people: Our parents have us baptısed as babies & then apart from other baptisms, weddings & funerals never take us back to church. So whilst I had been chrıstened to me I wasn't really a Christian. I didn't convert because there wasn't anything to convert from.

It didn't happen overnıght but lıttle by lıttle I realised that I wanted to become Muslım, actually I needed Islam.

For me the experıence of becoming muslim has been very special not only because I know I have found the one true God & ın the Qur'an a guıde for life, but because my partners family made it so special for me. The love of the family for me has been the greatest gıft that I have ever received & for the first time in my life I don't feel alone. They were always kınd and acceptıng of me as a non-muslim but the tears of joy that we all shed when I saıd the Shahadah for the first time was the most incredıble experıence.

I am now at the beginning of my new life, takıng my fırst steps towards achievıng the 5 Pillars.

Thank you for reading, I look forward to becoming part of this online community.

Sarah
icforumadmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icforumadmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2009 at 9:42pm
Assalamu alaikum,

Welcome kralice, hope yu enjoy your stay.

Admin
Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2009 at 3:34am
As Salamu Alaikum, Kralice.Welcome to Icf!Alhamduillah!May Allah Bless you in this life and the hereafter.(Ameen)
Ali77 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ali77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2009 at 8:35am
Alssalam alaikom Firstly God bless you I think
you are very lucky and let me feel happiness I hope you
are be success in your life and I want to be your freind if you not mind.thank you
drOp View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drOp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2009 at 8:06am
Assalamın aleykum again :)
i like your story. i hope the happiness in your soul will be bigger than ever ..
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2009 at 9:27am
Aslaam Alaikum

And welcome. Looking forward to reading your views.

I too did not convert from any religion per say.

Hayfa
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic