IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Can I divorce and become second wife  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can I divorce and become second wife

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2010 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by Qatar974 Qatar974 wrote:

Salam Allakum, Keefholic;

I am a Christian married to a muslin arab man.  I was very in love with my husband when we married he was loving and caring and a good man but he became mean and hurtful, controlling and I being to hate him.  I met another Arabic muslim man who is a good Muslim prays 5 times a day and who always follows Gods wishes and the Quran.  He is married and loves his wife.  I have fallen in love with him as I know he is a good man and he loves me but never speaks of sex.  He told me if I was single he would take me as second wife.  I am considering divorcing my husband but he says that God must be the one to let my husband divorce me.  I am so sad these days as I believe as a good Christian that God will not honor our marriage if we do marry.  Please help me I am in deep pain from my husband and I love this man so much.
Hi Qatar974,

If I were you, I would simply run away from any man during at least few months. I think that the situation with your husband made you "idealize" the possible relationship you may have with the second man, but at the same time, I think that you should are not really in love with this second man.

I don't have too much details (and sorry, I didn't have time to read all the posts), but I imagine you are away from your natural environment, in a different country (maybe), you lost most of your old friends and don't have too much in your current life... dear, just look for your own life, which doesn't mean look for another husband.

Take rest little bit and think seriously what you want from the life. And if you get married, if you become a second wife, maybe you have to think seriously which are your beliefs.

Regards

Edited by Pati - 08 April 2010 at 3:08pm
No God wants the killing, but the peace.
The weapons are carried by people, not by religions.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic