IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Question about praying in English  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question about praying in English

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghossdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question about praying in English
    Posted: 18 July 2014 at 7:57am
I haven't converted, but I did just finish reading an english translation of Quran and I had a question about praying in English that another thread on this matter didn't answer.

What if I just ABSOLUTELY refuse to learn any arabic phrases (for some hypothetical reason) and I want to pray completely in English 5 times a day.
and I always refer to Allah as GOD.
and i still go to friday mosque
and i live and do right by the 5 pillars of islam

am i still a muslim in the eyes of god? because I don't recall reading any mandates in the Quran about language. and I don't know, if it doesn't say I must pray in arabic then it should be okay right to praise god in english

Edited by ghossdog - 18 July 2014 at 8:02am
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2014 at 8:25am
Salam/Peace,

For 5 daily prayer, arabic is required, becasue this "rpescribed" prayer, ehen and how to perform it must follow wht the prophet PBUH did.
Other prayer you can do in any language.
Yes in the begining you can do in english, but it's temporary till able to do the arabic.

Only God's knows his own opinion about it, however God's ask us to do it in a certain way, if we love God, we will happily to do it.
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2014 at 6:37am
Assalamalecum atleast try to by heart Surah Al Ikhlaas,Surah Al Kafirun, Surah Al Kauthar, Surah Al Lahab then in Sha Allah You will progress, Allah will help you bcoz if u strive in his way he will open pathways for you(ch 29 v 69 of Quran).
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2014 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by semar semar wrote:

Only God's knows his own opinion about it, however God's ask us to do it in a certain way, if we love God, we will happily to do it.

Where does it say it has to be in Arabic?  Is that in the Quran, or hadith?
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic