IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Blasphemy in the Nederlands  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBlasphemy in the Nederlands

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2007 at 8:29pm

If the Mujahadeen focused more on humanitarian aid in the Sudan, Palestine and Central Asia, there would not be so much suffering among Muslims.  If they worked as missionaries instead of bloodthirsty cowards holding women hostage, they would spread Islam faster and wider

I totally agree with  the above observation made by Angela and hope all my fellow muslims take serious note of it and start working at their own individual levels to  condemn all kinds of senseless violence especially if committed in the name of Islam.

ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 12:28am
Originally posted by Angela Angela wrote:

The guy looks like a creep. But, come on, every time some idiot opens their mouth, you can't go calling for them to be killed.There are ways of defending ones faith that do not require bloodshed or violence. Remember, Blasphemy is going to be punished by the Almighty God himself. Be satisfied in that knowledge and work to prove their works false. If the Mujahadeen focused more on humanitarian aid in the Sudan, Palestine and Central Asia, there would not be so much suffering among Muslims. If they worked as missionaries instead of bloodthirsty cowards holding women hostage, they would spread Islam faster and wider.Jihad is a misused and abused word. Battling Evil means not committing evil first, then encouraging good. If you are killing, then you are not fighting evil, you are serving it.

how are these missionaries different from the terrorist?
Both believe that they are doing the God's work, while one of them kills with a gun, the other holds them hostage for food.
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 2:30am

You assume I mean evangelical missionaries.  My churches missionary program is totally separate from its Humanitarian program.  That is for the very reason you imply AK.  To avoid the hostages for food problem.  We work with Islamic charities to let them distribute the foods in islamic countries, so that their is no interference of faith and the people in need. 

Of course, we have a centralized organization, something Islam does not have.  It makes it easier.  But, missionaries can go to developed and undeveloped nations.  Or simply, they can act Islamically and work on humanitarian causes without strings attached to those receiving aid.

I too despise the evangelical missions that require people to convert to receive help.  I think its the wrong intentions and the wrong interpretation of Christ's lessons on charity.  1 Corinthians 13, Charity is the most important virtue, even above faith.

So, you see, missionaries can be better than terrorists and not all groups have to be as wicked as some of the ones that are operating out there now.

Edited by Angela
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic