IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Islam Question and Answer  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Islam Question and Answer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterpaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2007 at 4:26pm
Praise be to Allaah

Thank you for helping me understand more and listening to my questions.

By reading more about Islam, the belief is that Jesus is "just a prophet" and the website above listed many good passages from the bible that showed that information. However, there appears to a lot more passages that show Jesus in a different light.

Jesus said to his apostiles for all to hear:
John 14:6 "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father but by me."

John 6:40 "For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day."

John 11:25 "Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die...'"

Confusing...

Islam and Christianity appear to be very similar. Islam has the Qur'aan and Christians have a bible under the same god?

Does Islam beleive that Allah is the same God that many worship thru Jesus?

If the Qur�aan was written by people, who has the autority to interpulate the meaning of the Qur'ann in today's modern world? Every word can mean a different meaning depending on how it is read.

Please help me understand and find the truth of salvation.

Help

lovesakeenah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovesakeenah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2007 at 1:48am

NOTE:THE QUR'AN WAS "NOT WRITTEN" BY PEOPLE.

IT WAS"COMPILED" BY PEOPLE AFTER "REVELATION".WE BELIEVE IN THE "UN-EDITED" VERSION OF THE BIBLE AS REVEALED TO PROPHET ISA(A.S) i.e Jesus.The Bible is called"Al- Injil" in Islam meaning"The Gospel".I hope you know that we believe in the other Books that were revealed to other Prophets before Jesus,I mean Prophets like Moses&David.I think you would also find it interesting to know that we believe that Jesus Christ was conceived miraculously and his title like you call Abraham  The friend of Allah(Abeebullah) ,is "Ruhyllah"l.I'd God willing try to find the English word for that.Am not sure of what I have in mind & Islam isn't a religion of "guess work" or instincts.So,I dnt want to mislead you.Perhaps,someone here in the Forum would help me out.

In other words,we believe in his miraculous conception and believe in the miracles he performed.Every Prophet had his own uniqueness.Jesus' was "performing" miracles.

We also have Messengers and there is a slight difference between them and the Prophets.I hope to do my homework before going further as I dnt want to mislead you.

I also hope you know revelations comes like'inspiration' from God.God spoke to Moses directly and gave him the Ten commandments.Prophet Muhammad(s.a.w) had an Angel through which Allah sends His revelations.You call him Angel Gabriel,we call him Angel Jibril.Similar,uuh?

Okay,leyt me stop here,one step at a time.

"I have conviction that Allah has power over everything.Verily!Allah's knowledge includes and encompasses everything".
Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2007 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by peterpaul peterpaul wrote:

How can Islam generate peace and harmony historically, your religion is at war with the world ?

Pax Christi

Hi peterpaul,

I think you got this statement incorrect. the world is at war with Islam the way I see it.

If there is no war, America is broke. Did you know that arms is the Highest earner for America. Without the sales of Arms and Drugs America is dead.

I think you would watch some of the Youtube videos of Yvonne Ridley and others who accepted Islam.

Peace

Edited by Alwardah
�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
isslam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote isslam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2007 at 1:44pm

peterpaul peace be with you

these are good questions i have a feeling you hve grown up in christianity and seek a sense of fullfillness you cannot get from church ..let me guess you ask in church and get wrong answers and a feeling that the people you're asking are questioning your faith? well i think you're questions are well founded and you my friend are indeed being guided by allah- dont feel ashamed or care about persecution believe me been there done that. although the quran wasnt written by humans it was transcribed by trusted people of the prophet muhammed (PBUH) after it was revealed to him from allh through the angel gabriel the prophet actually could not read or write but like so many others was very knowledgable in religion before he encountered gabriel he actually knew quite alot about judaism and christianity, as for the prophet jesus(PBUH) had he said these things he would not be a prophet for the creator of all things, his words were changed after he left this world- his words as you said were misinterpreted. why? only allah knows . to actually say the creator of all things has a son is something of humans and could never be attributed to god, god is perfect and we are his creations, he does not beget and is not begotten, all who said he came through jesus to walk among us or his son died for our sins should really read closer in the bible as there are several references that contradict these 2 statements, if god wanted he could walk among us without human form , and to have a son is comparing him to a human attribute and that is insulting to god creator of everything. and as far as someone dying for my sins - that would be nice to blame someone else for my trangressions but that is something no one can do for me , we all have to answer to allah on judgement day for our own sins and good deeds no one can intercede except the prophet muhammed(pbuh) so those bible versus you're quoting are from a human of the past writing what he thinks it should say and not words from gods prophet.

god willing i have helped you a little and this finds you well.

anymore questions feel free to ask, may you find the enlightment you seek and may it lead to god

peace with you peterpaul

isslam

Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2007 at 1:58pm

Hi Peterpaul,

For once I wish I could make comparisons for you like sister lovesakeenah is doing, but I stay away from these topics as sometimes in our endeavour to do good we end up doing more harm due to our ignorance.

Firstly we do not need a pope or a priest to guide us and keep changing the laws to suit the times. Our Religion was perfected 1400+ years ago.

Secondly today Islam is judged by the actions of a few Muslims whereas the Muslims should be judged according to the teachings of Islam.

Thirdly we are not Muslims if we do no believe in Prophet�s Isa (Alayhi Salam)(Jesus), Musa (Alayhi Salam)  (Moses) and the other prophets. 25 are mentioned by name in the Glorious Qur'an.

And lastly and this is the most important point. Prophet Isa (Alayhi Salam) was sent down to save the lost sheep of Israel (Jews) Prophet Muhammad was sent to all mankind. Islam is the final of God�s religions to mankind, beginning from Adam (Alayhi Salam) and ending with Muhammad (Sallallahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam)

I normally advise people seeking the truth to visit the sites of Preachers or former Christians who have become Muslims to get a better understanding of the differences and similarities of the three monotheism religions.

The websites of Shaikh Hamza Yusuf, Dr Bilal Philips, Shaikh Yusuf Estes will make good starting points. I am sure if you google them you will find a wealth of information.

May God show you the way to salvation.

Peace

�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2007 at 4:34am
Originally posted by Andalus Andalus wrote:

Originally posted by Knowledge01 Knowledge01 wrote:

Bismillahi Rahmani Rahim,

As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

Alhamdulillah I have come across an excellent website containing thousands of fatawa from the most prominous shuyukh of this century, mostly, Sheikh Muhammad Al Munajjid, Sheikh Ibn Uthaimin, Sheikh Abdullah Ibn Baz, and Sheikh Salih Ibn Fawzan Al Fawzan. The best thing about this website is that the shuyukh always present numerous daleel and the different opinions pertaining to each matter.

If you are searching for an answer to a particular question or just want to gain knowledge, I encourage you to visit this website. I myself can spend hours on it if time allows.

Islam Question and Answer in Arabic
http://islamqa.com/index.php?ln=ara

Islam Question and Answer in English
http://islamqa.com/index.php?ln=eng

These men are not "widely" accepted scholars. They are "wahabi" self appointed clerics. The late bin baz was a known deviant and made some extremely ignorant claims. Anyone who follows their corrupted fatwas does so at their own risk.

As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

I was truly saddened by this comment by brother Andalus, not because Shaikh ibn Baz (Rahimahullah) is amongst one of the scholars whose works, I refer to from time to time but because, my late father (Rahimahullah) met him personally and he always said that he never met a more down to earth person than the late Shaikh. Anyway we all entitled to our own opinions.

Regarding this site Islam Questions and Answers, in my opinion (for what ever it is worth) this site is one of the best sites for authentic information. What is ironical is that even the so called �Salafi� scholars will not endorse this site. So from that you can come to the conclusion that Shaikh Muhammad Al-Munajjid is on the �Middle Course.�

May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings. Ameen!

Wa Alaikum Salam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

Andalus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andalus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2007 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by Alwardah Alwardah wrote:

Originally posted by Andalus Andalus wrote:

Originally posted by Knowledge01 Knowledge01 wrote:

Bismillahi Rahmani Rahim,

As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

Alhamdulillah I have come across an excellent website containing thousands of fatawa from the most prominous shuyukh of this century, mostly, Sheikh Muhammad Al Munajjid, Sheikh Ibn Uthaimin, Sheikh Abdullah Ibn Baz, and Sheikh Salih Ibn Fawzan Al Fawzan. The best thing about this website is that the shuyukh always present numerous daleel and the different opinions pertaining to each matter.

If you are searching for an answer to a particular question or just want to gain knowledge, I encourage you to visit this website. I myself can spend hours on it if time allows.

Islam Question and Answer in Arabic
http://islamqa.com/index.php?ln=ara

Islam Question and Answer in English
http://islamqa.com/index.php?ln=eng

These men are not "widely" accepted scholars. They are "wahabi" self appointed clerics. The late bin baz was a known deviant and made some extremely ignorant claims. Anyone who follows their corrupted fatwas does so at their own risk.

As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

I was truly saddened by this comment by brother Andalus, not because Shaikh ibn Baz (Rahimahullah) is amongst one of the scholars whose works, I refer to from time to time but because, my late father (Rahimahullah) met him personally and he always said that he never met a more down to earth person than the late Shaikh. Anyway we all entitled to our own opinions.

My comment did not reflect on the personality of bin Baaz. Someone can be, simultaneously, deviated and kind. Even Hitler was able to make the trains run on time.

His kindess and "down to earthness" does not change his deviated methodology.

Regarding this site Islam Questions and Answers, in my opinion (for what ever it is worth) this site is one of the best sites for authentic information. What is ironical is that even the so called �Salafi� scholars will not endorse this site. So from that you can come to the conclusion that Shaikh Muhammad Al-Munajjid is on the �Middle Course.�

May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings. Ameen!

Wa Alaikum Salam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

With all due respect Br, such a conclusion does not follow. Some "salafis" do not like the site, does not mean that the site is the "middle path". One thing does not follow from the other. The site promotes self appointed clerics who have dismissed methodologies that are at the foundations of Islam for centuries. From what I have seen, none of them (clerics) represent any of the established schools of fiqh. There are only four schools of fiqh. This is why I presented my input. I have had several conversation with non believers who quote deviated fatwas from the likes of bin baaz as if it is an accepted ruling in the general context of Islamic fiqh. Some one presented such men and views to them as if it was the "official" view, and I simply explained that some do follow them, but it is far from the accepted view. 

assalam aleikum 

A feeling of discouragement when you slip up is a sure sign that you put your faith in deeds. -Ibn 'Ata'llah
http://www.sunnipath.com
http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/
http://www.pt-go.com/
Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2007 at 1:24pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Jazakallahu Khairan Br Andalus for your explanation. Personally I will not listen to what non believers tell me about Muslim scholars.

You are correct sometimes we do jump to the wrong conclusions, and �One thing does not follow from the other.�

As far as scholars are concerned there is a lot of scholar bashing these days and we are judging scholars by what others tell us about them. It is the same with great scholars like Imam Abu Hanifa and Sayid Qutb, and others who are called��� Audho Billahe minash Shaitanir-Rajim! May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our ignorance. Ameen!

I suppose the reason why I like Islam Q and A � I too don�t follow any one particular Imam, I love and follow all of them. It is obvious that we have different ways of seeking knowledge.

May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala guide us and keep us on the correct Deen despite our different ways. Ameen!

Wa Alaikum Salam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic