IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Islam Question and Answer  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Islam Question and Answer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterpaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2007 at 7:00pm

Where and who is the head of Islam?  Where is you leadership located, and who is condeming the acts of terror in the name of Islam?  If we had a Christian group performing unholy acts, our Pope would condemn them without hesitating.  Sorry for being ignorant, but this is all we see on the news and Islam seems to be fighting for thousands of years.

islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2007 at 7:52pm
See, there is your problem.  Instead of finding your own answers, you allow yourself to be fed the "answers."  You say that you base your conclusions on what you see in the news.  Did you ever stop to think that perhaps you are not seeing the whole story?  You ask if anyone in the Islamic world has condemned the acts of terror?  Do you mean people like the late Sheik Abdul-Azeez Ibn Abdullah Ibn Baaz, who issued a fatwa in which he categorically condemned terrorism?  Or do you mean the general attitude towards attacks on innocent people in the Islamic world, which in your narrow mind, is one which supports these acts?  I don't suppose you ever saw any news report about a survey conducted by the University of Maryland in some of the most populous Islamic countries on the issue of bombings of civilian targets?  Is this what you were looking for?
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

lovesakeenah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovesakeenah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2007 at 11:53pm

As-salaam alaykum islamispeace,

I think you're doing well&i'd just leave peterpaul to you.I just wish our antagonists would do their findings without jumping to conclusions.Who doesn't know what the West is capable of in terms of NewsCoverage.No doubt.they're ignorants!Whereas we know a lot about christianity,they know nadda'bout Islam&only take to what they see on the news.I think I shoudda directed it to peterpaul!Anyway,he/she's just one of those intolerant ignoramus because we have christians in this forum who respect our faith without being antagonistic.

"I have conviction that Allah has power over everything.Verily!Allah's knowledge includes and encompasses everything".
peterpaul View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterpaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2007 at 7:34pm
From the information you sent me, what does this mean and who can interpulate this correctly?
http://www.troid.org/articles/fataawaa/comprehensive/terrori smandextremism.pdf

"A person should not change this evil without authorization to do so from the authorities"

Who is the "authorization" that is the authority? In Iraq, what is making young people commit suicide in the name of Allaah? Maybe this is an ignorant questions, but I truely want to learn more so I can understand your side. Can you send me more information on why we worship Allaah?
Did he walk on water?
Make the Blind see? Heal the sick?
Was he killed and then came back to show all he truly was/is God? In the name of Jesus, nobody dies.

Please don't attack a student that is trying to learn
your religion and maybe I will take your side if you can show the historical data.

Originally posted by islamispeace islamispeace wrote:

See, there is your problem.� Instead of finding your own answers, you allow yourself to be fed the "answers."� You say that you base your conclusions on what you see in the news.� Did you ever stop to think that perhaps you are not seeing the whole story?� You ask if anyone in the Islamic world has condemned the acts of terror?� Do you mean people like the late Sheik Abdul-Azeez Ibn Abdullah Ibn Baaz, who issued a [URL=http://www.troid.org/articles/fataawaa/comprehensive/terrorismandextremism.pdf]fatwa[/URL] in which he categorically condemned terrorism?� Or do you mean the general attitude towards attacks on innocent people in the Islamic world, which in your narrow mind, is one which supports these acts?� I don't suppose you ever saw any news report about a [URL=http://www.csmonitor.com/2007/0223/p09s01-coop.html]survey[/URL] conducted by the University of Maryland in some of the most populous Islamic countries on the issue of bombings of civilian targets?� Is this what you were looking for?
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2007 at 8:31pm
"Who is the "authorization" that is the authority? In Iraq, what is making young people commit suicide in the name of Allaah?"

The authority is the government, or in the case of Islam, the Caliph.  Of course, since the Caliphate does not currently exist, the authority is the government.  Now, if the government violates the laws of God, then the believer must not obey it.  The commandments on how we should live are contained within the pages of the Holy Quran and the Sunna of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).

"Did he walk on water?
Make the Blind see? Heal the sick?
Was he killed and then came back to show all he truly was/is God? In the name of Jesus, nobody dies."

Allah (swt) did not come down in the form of a man.  That would be an insult to His majesty.  Jesus (pbuh) was not God, according to Islam, but a humble prophet of God. 

"
Please don't attack a student that is trying to learn

your religion and maybe I will take your side if you can show the historical data."

When you ask questions like "why is Islam such and such" because you saw something on the news, it is hard to take you seriously that you are eager to learn.  But, okay, I will take your word for it and help you in your endeavor
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

isslam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote isslam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2007 at 8:48pm

wow islamispeace i would say that peterpauls questions make sense no need not to doubt him as a convert i too had similar questions and even ones in greater detail

MamaPam26 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MamaPam26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2007 at 5:05am
thanksKnowledge01
Andalus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andalus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2007 at 9:00am

Originally posted by Knowledge01 Knowledge01 wrote:

Bismillahi Rahmani Rahim,

As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

Alhamdulillah I have come across an excellent website containing thousands of fatawa from the most prominous shuyukh of this century, mostly, Sheikh Muhammad Al Munajjid, Sheikh Ibn Uthaimin, Sheikh Abdullah Ibn Baz, and Sheikh Salih Ibn Fawzan Al Fawzan. The best thing about this website is that the shuyukh always present numerous daleel and the different opinions pertaining to each matter.

If you are searching for an answer to a particular question or just want to gain knowledge, I encourage you to visit this website. I myself can spend hours on it if time allows.

Islam Question and Answer in Arabic
http://islamqa.com/index.php?ln=ara

Islam Question and Answer in English
http://islamqa.com/index.php?ln=eng

These men are not "widely" accepted scholars. They are "wahabi" self appointed clerics. The late bin baz was a known deviant and made some extremely ignorant claims. Anyone who follows their corrupted fatwas does so at their own risk.

Edited by Andalus
A feeling of discouragement when you slip up is a sure sign that you put your faith in deeds. -Ibn 'Ata'llah
http://www.sunnipath.com
http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/
http://www.pt-go.com/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic