IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Up all night till fajr  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Up all night till fajr

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Up all night till fajr
    Posted: 21 July 2007 at 2:19am

Salaam Alaikum,

Yet another question guys jazakallah khair for all your great and helpful answers until now. Onto the question.

I have really bad insomnia and I know that it is not a good thing to stay up through the night (we are advised to cease all small talk after Ishaa') but while I am working on setting my insomnia straight I have been wondering if it is ok to stay up till Fajr if it is only an hour away. It is much harder to wake up after an hour of sleep and sometimes I miss my alarm (may Allah forgive me). Thanks again guys! :)

Megatron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megatron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2007 at 12:07pm

Assuming the answer to your question is yes it is okay unless it doesn't prevent you from getting treatment for insomnia. 

I don't think Allah would want you to suffer to pray a Fajr prayer especially when you are technically sick facing insomnia.  Although, if you find you wouldn't be able to sleep anyway, it would be okay for you to do Fajr. 

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2007 at 12:12pm
Hey, didn't Optimus Prime kick your butt already?
aka2x2 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka2x2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2007 at 11:41am

(we are advised to cease all small talk after Ishaa')

God save us from this kind of advice!

My little girls don�t go to bed until after Isha. Afterwards is the only time I get to say anything to anyone.

If the advice is true, how are the people on night shift supposed to live or do their jobs? You know people like police officers, ambulance drivers, doctors, etc.

As for the other part of your question. I have stayed up many nights in my life and prayed fajr when it came.

Edited by aka2x2
Respectfully
aka2x2
Slot View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2007 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by aka2x2 aka2x2 wrote:

(we are advised to cease all small talk after Ishaa')

God save us from this kind of advice!

My little girls don�t go to bed until after Isha. Afterwards is the only time I get to say anything to anyone.

If the advice is true, how are the people on night shift supposed to live or do their jobs? You know people like police officers, ambulance drivers, doctors, etc.

As for the other part of your question. I have stayed up many nights in my life and prayed fajr when it came.

Hadith - Bukhari 1:543, Narrated Abu Barza

Allah's Apostle disliked to sleep before the 'Isha' prayer and to talk after it.

??

aka2x2 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka2x2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 12:01pm

Slot,

Sorry if I offended you. I did not mean that you did not get the saying from a "book" as opposed to the "Book".

Please think about what I just said and consequences of this saying if everyone followed it.

Respectfully
aka2x2
orangelover3m View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangelover3m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 5:33am
thanks Slot
Slot View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 2:17pm
Just for an update, I have been sleeping better after making D'ua about this on a regular basis and have been able to wake up for Fajr quite rested in the morning and ready for work. Allahu Ackbar.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic