IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Islamic Personalties
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Yusuf Estes on Hamza Yusuf  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedYusuf Estes on Hamza Yusuf

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Starter
Starter
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2009 at 11:04pm

Walaikumsalam.Bro Talib

MashAllah you are well informed thats good.This is exactly the cause of todays differences in Ibada , it all arises with our slowly discarding the 4 Imams. Bro Talib I am sure your intention in this forum is to achieve clarity and to further your deen inshAllah.

As to your question regarding what madhzab of  the sahaba..as you know in this time the prophet is with them!..so theres no need for some Imam. However, The 1st Imam  Abu  Hanifa rahmatullahaihi born 80 years after Hijra.had students that were  grandsons of the sahaba!

This issue needs time and room for discussion...allhamdullilah i,ve found a link that would be interesting for you to read!!
Bro.Talib I used to think like you before,but then i realised how could i not follow any Imam! there are thousands n thousands of Hadith,,and when I read about these Imams i was moved to tears...All of them are Hafiz and their knowledege of the Hadith,Adab.Piety and their deep love for the prophet saw...subhanallah,, Then the words of the quran came to me, Allah commanded *And, ask the people of knowledge if you do not know*
I consider myself amongst those who dont know!

Bro Talib, here is the link i mentioned pertaining to Madhzab/www.ummah.net/Al_adaab/fiqh/taqlid.html inshAllah it,ll be beneficial for you.

Here is one more link for you to ponder!!
If you desire,would be nice if we could correspond directly inshAllah.

writing to you from Saudi,

Maasalama
Tokek

tokek View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2009 at 10:17pm
Assalamualaikum,
Bro Talib here is another link..which inshAllah share more light into your question about Mazab.

Maasalama
Tokek
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2009 at 8:00pm
Auzubillahi Minash Shaitan ir Rajeem,
Bismillah ir Rahman ir Rahim

Shaykh Hamza Yusuf is an excellent contemporary scholar. There is nothing deviant in his teachings.

Anything that comes against him is from an anti-sufi camp, because they cannot see him enjoying all this popularity and fame - after all this in a way is promotion of sufism which is got to be bidah, so it should be silenced - that's the bottom line!

Edited by Nausheen - 27 January 2009 at 8:00pm
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic