IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional > Asia-Pacific
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Indian Corner  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Indian Corner

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naren_143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2009 at 11:49pm
Good Morning Mr. Seekshidayath!

The articles have been beautifully composed, but I feel that the thread shows India in a poor light for you have only posted the negative issues. It would have been nice if you have posted the achievements of the Indian Muslims and India in general.

I love my country India and I would want to know what do you think we can do to make India a better place to live.

What I think is if we help people around us irrespective of their religion, caste, creed etc. and concentrate on positive things and attitudes we can make India better. And I feel that no amount of brooding and complaining will do any better to our country.

Belated Gandhi Jayanti wishes!

Have a great day ahead!

Naren
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2009 at 3:15am
Hello Naren,

Welcome to the discussions at Islamicity

Thanks for correcting me in a well manner. My apologies for it. I shud  have had named the topic differently. My intention was to  show-up the pains we muslims in India are facing.

But yes, as you said, neither brooding nor complaining shall work. Insha Allah, shall take care here onwards.

Actually, Naren i was n't complaining but trying to bring up awareness amongst we muslims of India, to stay awake and alert against the forces working against us.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
naren_143 View Drop Down

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naren_143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2009 at 10:00pm
Good Morning Seekshidayath,

Thank you for your welcome. :)

No apologies please. I wasn't expecting apologies. I just pointed out what I felt.

India is a massive country with a lot of problems. Of course, we Hindus have been biased, arrogant and what not. We too have suffered for it. We suffered for our karma. Everyone has suffered irrespective of their religion, social status and still suffering. Even the rich suffered.

India is a secular country and I feel that we all should be awake against the non-secular forces. We have suffered at lot because of those chauvinists. We should be against anything which stunts our growth and not make fun of each others religions.

Have a nice time always.

Naren
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2009 at 6:34pm
Hello Naren

Thanks for the reply

There are various subjects to be discussed from your post, but again it may be clash of our thoughts. Islam teaches us peace. Infact we are taught by Islam to respect all other religion. By respecting each other, we can live in harmony. Let us all agree with each other atleast by the similarities our religions hold.

By the way Naren, do you know there are many similarities between Islam and Hinduism ? Do you know them.

Stay active.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
naren_143 View Drop Down

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naren_143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2009 at 3:10am
Hi Seekshidayath!

I haven't posted anything disagreeable and I don't think we will lock horns on frivolous things.:)

I know that Islam teaches us peace. Islam itself means peace. All the religions in the world teach us love and peace and all religions respect all other religions. All religions have beautiful teachings. Where the problem lies, according to me, is comparison. Belief is a belief. We cannot compare beliefs. There is nothing as a "better" belief.

So there may be similarities and there may be differences. I don't care much about them. I have a tendency towards Hinduism, so I am a Hindu. That's all. That's what I feel.

I am active, but it is taking a lot of time for moderation.

Let's make India better.

Good evening!
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2009 at 5:03am
Kindly note Naren that the posts of all new members get approved by moderators/admin, to stop spamming. After a member reaches certain number of posts, their posts are directly posted. Hope you shall not hold any miscomception {if at all}, as why your posts are taking time.

I discussed about similarities between religions , because i strongly believe as preached by Qur'an that when we come to common terms between us instead of stressing over differences, that shall work out for peaceful existence.

You must be knowing Naren that, 'Hinduism" is n't used in any of hindu scriptures. It was first used by britishers . What do you say ? {Its only a discussion} No intention to break up bond of peace with you Smile.

Have a nice day

naren_143 View Drop Down

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naren_143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2009 at 10:29pm
Hi Seeksshidayath!

FYI, the word "religion" itself is of recent origin. So it explains it all.Smile

I would want to know what do you think we can do to make India a better place to live.

Have a great day ahead!Thumbs%20Up
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2009 at 8:02am
Hello Naren

Am sorry i cud not response. But yes, shall answer you soon. I need atleast 1/2 an hour of leisure, thats possible only during nights. But, yes i shall answer you, insha Allah.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic