IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Kaaba a Hindu Temple?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedKaaba a Hindu Temple?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kaaba a Hindu Temple?
    Posted: 26 June 2007 at 5:42am
It is nothing new that Kaaba in pre-Muhammad time was a place of pagan idols

Even Muslims accept that tragedy, the only Hope they have is tracing the origins of Kaaba back to Abraham time

I don't agree with that, historians also don't agree, they are alone in that claim

"proud to be alone", I could tragically say

1) FIRST

Abraham and Ishmael never put foot in Mecca, just because it is impossible, i.e., It is geographically impossible.

Abraham was in Beersheba. How could he, a hundred-year-old man, with a slave girl and a small child have endured a trip to Mecca, nearly one thousand miles away and separated by rugged mountains and virtually impassible desert ?!

The Empty Quarter, the most harsh place on earth, How could a little child 3 years old, and a very old man pass through this desert ?

http://magma.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/0502/feature1/?fs=ww w3.nationalgeographic.com&fs=plasma.nationalgeographic.c om

Abraham and Ishmael would have had superpowers

A OLD man and a little child traveling thousands of miles into harsh desert and montains, How could they ?

Little wonder the Islamic scriptures don�t bother to tell us how they accomplished this impossible voyage...

2) SECOND

A Jew is defined as a person of the Hebrew religion of Judaism and of Hebrew parents (especially the mother).

It has to be a combination of both � Judaism and Hebrew parentage. Seen in another angle ; a person, cannot be a Jew and also a Muslim at the same time. How can he be practicing two faiths � Judaism and Islam (which contradicts, and is opposite beliefs to each other) ?

In other words, a Muslim cannot be a Jew, and a Jew cannot be a Muslim. There is no such thing, as a �Muslim Jew� or �Jewish Muslim�.

It is that simple.

3) THIRD

ABRAHAM & FAMILY TOMB

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cave_of_the_Patriarchs

In Machpelah - The Cave of Machpelah, Tomb of the Patriarch

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cave_of_the_Patriarchs

It is curious enough that the direction of Abraham, his family and descendants all laid to rest, nicely in a row with their feet pointing in a 155 degrees, in a south/south-east direction, directly to Mecca (Kaaba).

YES, GO SEE WITH YOUR OWN EYES

Archeologists and scientists, says that this is probably because of the way the Machpelah cave is situated.

Why are Abraham, etc, laid to rest with their feet pointing to the Kaaba ?

Isn�t it an insult to Allah�s God-House Kaaba, for them who Allah claims are Muslims to show their feet to the Kaaba ?

Showing the feet, is an insult in Asian cultures ?

3)
FOURTH

Kaaba a Hindu Temple?

http://www.hinduism.co.za/kaabaa.htm

Edited by Delta
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2007 at 7:38am

Obviously it is also curious that you being non-muslim are challenging us muslims and our beliefs. I have almost heard every argument regarding Islam. Islam borrowed from Jews. Islam borrowed from Christians. Now the Kaaba is a Hindu Temple. I looked at your site and it is from Hindu website obviously now you're trying to prove the Kaaba is a Hindu Temple. First, the Kaaba housed prior to Muhammad's arrival, more that 360 idols and was the center of trade as you may now know.

Second majority of your comments are regarding Abraham and not the Kaaba so I find your argument quite flawed. All you have to show is a simple website. why don't you prove that the Kaaba is a Hindu Temple first before trying to prove Abraham never went to Mecca.

Delta View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2007 at 7:54am
Originally posted by Israfil Israfil wrote:

why don't you prove that the Kaaba is a Hindu Temple first before trying to prove Abraham never went to Mecca.

Are related issues, because muslims trace the Kaaba history back to Abraham

But Arabian Peninsula was part of Hindu empire under the King Vikramaditya

See Here how He did ruled over Arabian Peninsula :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vikramaditya

The Zam-Zam water, your rituals, everything

Know you can trace all that to Hindu Empire, and King
Vikramaditya

I'm not a agnostic, I'm not atheist, I'm Roman Catholic

I'm just trying to show how irracional are some myths from Islam

Believe in what you want

I HAD FOUND RELIGION  THROUGH GOD ALMIGHTY

NOT

GOD ALMIGHTY THROUGH ANY RELIGION
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2007 at 8:44am

Funny you mentioned this because P.N. Oak also believes Islam and christianity are distortions of Vedic beliefs:

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purushottam_Nagesh_Oak

I don't think your Catholic "myths" are safe from Hinduism as well.....lol

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2007 at 8:48am

As far as any disagreements concerning the Kaaba why not look at it here and its pre-islamic history:

Before Islam

Little is known of the pre-Islamic history of the Kaaba. Wensinck, writing in the Encyclopedia of Islam, identifies it with a place called Macoraba mentioned by the Roman geographer Ptolemy mention of Mecca. Ptolemy's text is believed to date from the second century AD., before the rise of Islam.[6]

Patricia Crone disagrees with most academic historians on most issues concerning the history of early Islam, including the history of the Kabaa. In Meccan Trade and the Rise of Islam, Crone writes that she believes that the identification of Macoraba with the kaaba is false, and that Macoraba was a town in southern Arabia, in what was then known as Arabia Felix.[7]

Many accounts, including Muslim accounts, and some accounts written by academic historians, stress the power and importance of the pre-Islamic Mecca. They depict it as a city grown rich on the proceeds of the spice trade. Crone believes that this is an exaggeration and that Mecca may only have been an outpost trading with nomads for leather, cloth, and camel butter. Crone argues that if Mecca had been a well-known center of trade, it would have been mentioned by later authors such as Procopius, Nonnosus, and the Syrian church chroniclers writing in Syriac. However, the town is absent from any geographies or histories written in the last three centuries before the rise of Islam.[8]

According to The Encyclopaedia Britannica, "before the rise of Islam it was revered as a sacred sanctuary and was a site of pilgrimage."[9] According to the German historian Eduard Glaser, the name "Kaaba" may have been related to the southern Arabian or Ethiopian word "mikrab", signifying a temple.[6] Again, Crone disputes this etymology.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaaba#Before_Islam

Delta View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2007 at 11:10am
1) FIRST

Human History is like building a house, stone by stone, little by little, what is unseen today is seen tomorrow

You can quote a Encyclopedia printed before Einstein birth, and you will not find nothing about relativity, or the state of Israel

Yes, it is little known, but what you can't deny is that there was new archaeological findings in Kuwait

You must have a later revision of that Encyclopedias, do you have them ? because they must mention that findings in Kuwait

About Krishna, there is similarities between that Hindu God and   Jesus, the major one is divine incarnation

Nevertheless, Krishna and Jesus are only theological similarities, NOT HISTORICAL ONES and RITUALS OR CULTURE, moreover you have ancient Arabic poetry that you can READ and SEE that describes all ancient rituals and culture - Makhatab Sultania Library in Turkey

2) SECOND

You can read again that Abraham trip related verses in KORAN

Make a mathematical guess about His age, and also the age of Ishmael

The city were they are living before they engage in that
journey to Mecca

Then, take a HUMAN MAP

See the distance, see if there is montains , and the Empty Quarter

And then rationally, THINK...is that possible ?

3)
THIRD

YOU CAN GO YOURSELF TO Machpelah

right ?

minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2007 at 11:21am

Delta, There should be some limit to the flight of mind. Next you will say that Abraham was a Hindu. Or Jesus was a Hindu.

In the old testament, it is written that Ishmael had twelve sons. They were princes. Their names are also mentioned in the OT. There are cities in the Arabia by the names of the sons of Ishmael.

Delta, can you please tell me where those children of Ishmael vanished??? Where they have disappeared?? Also remember that you claiming to be an RC, know that the seed of Abraham through Ishmael was also to multiply exceedingly. That means they are present in this world today and they are the Arabs who say that they are the descendents of Abaraham. They circumsize. That was the everlasting covenant made by Allah with Abraham well before the birth of Issac. Tell me why the Arabs (Muslims) circumsize if they are not the desendents of Abraham.

I tell you that Jews may be the desendents of Abraham. But the christians are not. They are cut off from being the seed of Abraham. Do not go to any Pedia. Remain in the OT and NT and Quran please. Thanks.

Edited by minuteman
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2007 at 3:36pm

Delta,

I'm not denying the fact that in Pre-Islam Arabia there was some sort of ruler and perhaps in that time prior to the coming of Muhammad, the land was ruled by an Indian King. I am not denying that perhaps there are inscriptions in the Kaa'ba which relate to this Indian King. However, in any history in any country you will have rulers that have came and went and have implanted their philosophy and religious thought into the cultures they ruled and after they are gone their imprint is still within that society. Regardless, whether this king ruled Arabian Pennisula or not does not necessitate that Islam as a religion is faulty.

I've read articles by hard core christians that try to refute even the name "Allah" mind you these critics are not fluent in Arabic nor do they speak any of the Semitic languages. Mainly most of these critics look at the letters of the Arabic alphabet and their historical associations and generate a theory simply stating how Allah relates to a goddess or some deity of the moon. Without a thought on the implications of the name Allah they say that Allah is simply a moon god (and in this case a Hindu god).

Regardless of all this B.S. in different cultures God has many names. Just because Arab Muslims and Christians alike call "God" Allah does not mean what they worship are two entirely different entities but in fact worship the same entity!

Did you know God in english derives from the German word Got which is a god of the pagan Norse culture? So regardless what you've present are historical evidenes of a culture that existed before Islam ame to Arabia but it has nothing to do with the religion of Islam nor proves that the Kaaba is not a temple dedicated to the God of this universe. Try again Delta.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic