IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Islaam for a Buddhist  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Islaam for a Buddhist

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tasneem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2005 at 4:39am

3.     Its a common sense and common truth that hatred cannot be countered by hatred. Its love alone which conquers both body and mind. You said that you do not submit another cheek, but slapping him also will not solve the problem.:)
You say that God "permitted" Moslems.............. God save me............. I am afraid when you say such statements.:-((

4     " You initially said that Muhamad said forgiveness is better. But then he sought to fight the one who persecuted him......If war was a solution, then there would have been no world. War is just an effect.

5.     But asking others to wage a war itself is a biggest mistake. Isnt it?

Once more the answers come from the Qur�an, these verses pertain to forgiveness. Note in the third verse below while a person is permitted to seek recompense equal to the injury, forgiveness has been recommended.

007.199: Hold to forgiveness; command what is right; But turn away from the ignorant.

042.037: Those who avoid the greater crimes and shameful deeds, and, when they are angry even then forgive;

042.040: The recompense for an injury is an injury equal thereto (in degree): but if a person forgives and makes reconciliation, his reward is due from Allah: for (Allah) loveth not those who do wrong.

045.014: Tell those who believe, to forgive those who do not look forward to the Days of Allah: It is for Him to recompense (for good or ill) each People according to what they have earned.

Now with regards to fighting, please read the below 4 verses in their entirety, not in isolation.

002.190: Fight in the cause of Allah those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for Allah loveth not transgressors.

002.191: And slay them wherever ye catch them, and turn them out from where they have Turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter; but fight them not at the Sacred Mosque, unless they (first) fight you there; but if they fight you, slay them. Such is the reward of those who suppress faith.

002.192: But if they cease, Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.

002.193: And fight them on until there is no more Tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in Allah; but if they cease, Let there be no hostility except to those who practise oppression

Note the below mentioned verse. Remember how we think and what we perceive is limited to what we have been taught and to the limited capacity of our minds. Simply because we think in a certain way does not make it correct. Our wisdom is limited and in no way can we defy God�s wisdom.

002.216: Fighting is enjoined on you, and it is an object of dislike to you; and it may be that you dislike a thing while it is good for you, and it may be that you love a thing while it is evil for you, and Allah knows, while you do not know.

004.074: Let those fight in the cause of Allah Who sell the life of this world for the hereafter. To him who fighteth in the cause of Allah,- whether he is slain or gets victory - Soon shall We give him a reward of great (value).

004.075: And why should ye not fight in the cause of Allah and of those who, being weak, are ill-treated (and oppressed)?- Men, women, and children, whose cry is: "Our Lord! Rescue us from this town, whose people are oppressors; and raise for us from thee one who will protect; and raise for us from thee one who will help!"

Tasneem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tasneem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2005 at 4:41am

6. I am not basing these on some illogical premises. Just see, after Muhamad passed away, the war did not stop, it continued until Moslems conqured India. And you still see that same mindset followed for evil purposes in many countries. Sometimes they call it Jihad.

So far we have been discussing Islam, and I would like to dwell upon just religion - Islam. Muslims and Islam are two different entities. I cannot judge the actions of another Muslim and come to a conclusion whether it is right or wrong. I would need to gather all evidence from all sides for every specific event. Generalisation has no place in making a just opinion.

I cannot say that every Hindu is a murderer only because Nathuram Godse killed Mahatma Gandhi. I cannot say that every Irish person is a killer only because IRA engaged in such operations. I cannot say that every American is a bomber only because Timothy McVeigh was a bomber. But one thing I can say is that a person who follows Islam properly according to the commands of God is a good Muslim.

varshaken View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varshaken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2005 at 7:35am
Hi Mr. Tasneem!!!!!!

Thank you very much for quoting me the Koran and telling me about Salat. But I strongly believe that  002:191 wouldnt have been said by God. Anyway its my belief.

Thank you very much for telling me about Koran.

Ever thankful.

Varshaken, the Samurai.
varshaken View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varshaken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2005 at 7:36am
Mr. Tasneem, I want to know about the opposition to idol worship.

Thanking you,

Varshaken, the Samurai.
saalih View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saalih Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2005 at 8:08am
it's clearly against islam but since the ? is for tasneem i will let him take it from their. try this website and read about the miracles of the quran, www.islam-guide.com or www.truereligion.com
Tasneem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tasneem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2005 at 8:44pm

Mr Varshaken, it matters little to me whether you believe it or not.  You will not be questioned for my sins nor will I be questioned for yours. I truly and sincerely believe in everything that God has revealed to me in the Qur�an and that when I come to the end of my journey here, I will have to give account of all my doings here. I will hope and pray (as I have said under the answer for namaz, that practising Muslims seek God�s guidance to the right path everyday atleast 22 times) that God guides every seeker of truth to the right path.

Now in answer to idol worship which goes under associating partners with God, there are too many references in the Qur�an. And God has promised that He will forgive all sins (for those who sincerely repent and ask for forgiveness) except one and that is associating partners with Him. It is the most heinous of crimes and that is why Muslims shudder when they see anyone worshipping anything other than the True and Only ONE GOD. Here are a few of the references:

016.020: Those whom they invoke besides Allah create nothing and are themselves created.

016.021: (They are)  dead, lifeless: nor do they know when they will be raised up

021.021Or have they taken (for worship) gods from the earth who can raise (the dead)?

021.024 Or have they taken for worship (other) gods besides him? Say, "Bring your convincing proof: this is the Message of those with me and the Message of those before me." But most of them know not the Truth, and so turn away.

034.022: Say: Call upon those whom you assert besides Allah; they do not control the weight of an atom in the heavens or in the earth nor have they any partnership in either, nor has He among them any one to back (Him) up.

034.023: And intercession will not avail aught with Him save of him whom He permits. Until when fear shall be removed from their hearts, They shall say: What is it that your Lord said? They shall say: The truth. And He is the Most High, the Great.

034.024: Say: "Who gives you sustenance, from the heavens and the earth?" Say: "It is Allah; and certain it is that either we or ye are on right guidance or in manifest error!"

041.048: The (deities) they used to invoke aforetime will leave them in the lurch, and they will perceive that they have no way of escape.

067.006: And for those who disbelieve in their Lord there is the doom of hell, a hapless journey's end!

067.007: When they are cast therein, they will hear the (terrible) drawing in of its breath even as it blazes forth,

067.008: Almost bursting with fury: Every time a Group is cast therein, its Keepers will ask, "Did no Warner come to you?"

067.009: They will say: "Yes indeed; a Warner did come to us, but we rejected him and said, 'Allah never sent down any (Message): ye are in nothing but an egregious delusion!'"

Edited by Tasneem
kim! View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kim! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2005 at 9:01pm

Ok, so what happens to someone who dies a good, devout, pious Christian? Christians, by your definition, associate Jesus alongside God.

(Don't even get me started on the whole praying-to-saints-thing)

And what about the isolated people (going back to that topic) who never come into any contact with Muslims at all? Like, for example, Brazilian communities in the rain forest who only know each other and maybe some Christians. Will they go to heaven because they did their best within the bounds of what they knew?

Kim...

Tasneem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tasneem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2005 at 11:45pm

Kim

God does not deny anyone their reward for any good that they have done and they receive that reward in this life. If after the message has come to them and they deny it and persist in their disbelief in His Unity and continue to associate partners with Him He does not forgive them. If you want to read some verses from the Qur'an pertaining to Jesus and Christianity please read my quotes under Islam and Christianity alternatively please read from the Qur'an which is the best source.

I do not understand your statement: "(Don't even get me started on the whole praying-to-saints-thing)"

I have'nt discussed this anywhere as far as I can recall. In any case it is equally wrong.

As for those communities who have never come in contact with the true Message or for that matter children or infants who die young, I would assume that God would not punish them. He is the Best dispenser of justice and is the Most Compassionate and Merciful.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
  Share Topic