IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Rushdie knighthood  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rushdie knighthood

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2007 at 6:15am
No, you are not a pagan, but your origins are

But first read that, and read a good rebuttal article  of a Muslim Brother

http://www.answering-christianity.com/islam-questions_rebutt al.htm

( remove blank spaces )

In that page

Search for "360 gods"

10- Did the Arabs in pre-Islamic times worship 360 gods? Yes

Your Brother answer :

- YES

And that is the truth, and only the archaeological and historic truth

Mecca was the site of 360 gods, all destroyed by Mohammad.....

No, you are not pagans, but you are in my point of view just a....

read all that and I give you my answer

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2007 at 7:56am

Who cares if Salman Rushdie is knighted?

Who cares if he insulted Islam?

Who cares if he is popular?

Muslims Do!

Like Angela said he is popular because of the reaction of Muslims but this is no different than what others do openly in europe, america, wherever. Yes, Muslims are too easily offended especially when, an Ayatollah calls for his murder for something which is called "free speech." Nobody believes in allowing God to be judge in this world. Who cares if someone opens their muzzle against Islam? God is the end to all affairs. So let it be. This has nothing to do with the West, this has something to do with one man and his opinion.

Besides, why is this in the interfaith section? This should be current events.

Edited by Israfil
Doo-bop View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doo-bop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2007 at 9:27am

Arise, Sir Salman!!!!--------Rushdie deserves this honour.  He stands for freedom of speech and thought in the very face of death, as well as being a brilliant novelist (or so they say, I have only read one of his books)

Let every non-Muslim take careful note of the reaction in the Muslim world to this business.  It proves yet again that if there is one thing hated by Muslims, and disallowed by Islam, then it is freedom of speech and thought. 

Which is why we must do everything in our power to disallow any vestige of Sharia law in the west.  Sadly, it is here already - at least in the UK....

peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2007 at 10:34am

Everyone,

Not complying with guidelines and posting posts and comments to provoke the feelings and sentiments of any community will not be tolerated.

Peace

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2007 at 12:55pm

Doop-Bop,

Rushdie is no brilliant novelist. Yeah, I briefly reasd some of his books and clearly unimpressed as a philosopher. His only success, was pissing off the Muslim community with his rhetoric.

Reepicheep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reepicheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2007 at 5:27pm

Israfil wrote: Rushdie is no brilliant novelist

Well, his second novel, "Midnight's Children", was awarded the 1981 "Booker Prize".  And in 1993 Rushdie won the "Booker of Bookers Prize", when "Midnight's Children" was declared to be the best novel to ever have won the Booker Prize.  

The Booker Prize "is a literary prize awarded each year for the best original full-length novel, written in the English language, by a citizen of either the Commonwealth of Nations or the Republic of Ireland."  So clearly, Israfil, not everyone shares your opinion of Rushdie. 

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2007 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by Reepicheep Reepicheep wrote:

Israfil wrote: Rushdie is no brilliant novelist

Well, his second novel, "Midnight's Children", was awarded the 1981 "Booker Prize".  And in 1993 Rushdie won the "Booker of Bookers Prize", when "Midnight's Children" was declared to be the best novel to ever have won the Booker Prize.  

The Booker Prize "is a literary prize awarded each year for the best original full-length novel, written in the English language, by a citizen of either the Commonwealth of Nations or the Republic of Ireland."  So clearly, Israfil, not everyone shares your opinion of Rushdie. 

I said as a Philosopher I'm clearly unimpressed with some of his work (with respect to allocating his works with philosophy) especially the "Satanic Verses." From my understanding he tried to incoporate Philosophy (and some Psychology) in his writing which both are my field of study. I care not about other aspects of his writing. So with respect to philosophical writing (which is by far the second most difficult type of writing under mathematical science) is very poor.

Edited by Israfil
BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2007 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by Angela Angela wrote:

Frankly,

Salman Rushdie would not be nearly so "famous" if the Ayatollah hadn't issued the Fatwa to have him killed.  He would have faded into being a obsurity as a 'jaded' ex-member of a faith.

I see literature tearing apart my faith everyday.  What makes Rushdie "special" is the calls for assasination. 

No offense abuzaid, I do feel that "SOME" (not all) Muslims do get offended too easily.  Or I should say, react poorly to being offended.  One should be offended by any derogatory statements, but fatwas calling for assasination and burning effigies is extreme.  What good comes out of rioting? Nothing. 

Rushdie himself has done nothing deserving of Knighthood.  There are many more accomplished artists and authors deserving of that honor.  The only reason he got the recognition is the overreaction of others to his babbling.

, Angela.

I will go with you on this. The Brits have knighted quite a few Muslims and ex-Muslims previously at very opportune times. They are good at that.

Actually, I am waiting anxiously to see when Ali Sina will be knighted? The queen needs a real shoulder to put the blade on.  May be the Buckingham Palace will place a stuffed human-sized doll of Ali Sina, the fictionary men.

Ali Sina, btw, is a decagonity or dodecagonity.

Cheers

BMZ

Shasta's Aunt: "Well, there's the difference you see. The Bible was written by man about God, The Quran was revealed to man by God."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
  Share Topic