IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Rushdie knighthood  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rushdie knighthood

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rushdie knighthood
    Posted: 18 June 2007 at 5:59am

Iran condemns Rushdie knighthood

They say that this person is the most hated of the muslims, because he insulted Islam

I wonder why

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/06/17/iran.rushdie.ap/ index.html

abuzaid View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuzaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2007 at 6:11am
Search salman rushdie in the net...You will know.
Delta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2007 at 6:24am
Originally posted by abuzaid abuzaid wrote:

Search salman rushdie in the net...You will know.

Be aware that may be offensive to you

Read this :

http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9180& ;KW=360+gods

and then this :

http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9171& ;KW=360+gods

abuzaid View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuzaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2007 at 12:04pm

What's offensive to me?? I do not understand.

I saw both of these threads. I don't think we muslims gets offended so easily. There are many other website where people have concocted many more accusaion against Islam.

Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2007 at 3:39pm

Frankly,

Salman Rushdie would not be nearly so "famous" if the Ayatollah hadn't issued the Fatwa to have him killed.  He would have faded into being a obsurity as a 'jaded' ex-member of a faith.

I see literature tearing apart my faith everyday.  What makes Rushdie "special" is the calls for assasination. 

No offense abuzaid, I do feel that "SOME" (not all) Muslims do get offended too easily.  Or I should say, react poorly to being offended.  One should be offended by any derogatory statements, but fatwas calling for assasination and burning effigies is extreme.  What good comes out of rioting? Nothing. 

Rushdie himself has done nothing deserving of Knighthood.  There are many more accomplished artists and authors deserving of that honor.  The only reason he got the recognition is the overreaction of others to his babbling.

abuzaid View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuzaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2007 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by Angela Angela wrote:

Salman Rushdie would not be nearly so "famous" if the Ayatollah hadn't issued the Fatwa to have him killed.  He would have faded into being a obsurity as a 'jaded' ex-member of a faith.
I disagree with you. This is because of salman rushdie we saw the real face of western civilization. I also disagree with the fatwa, rather khumeini should have planned to kill him directly without issuing the fatwa.

No offense abuzaid, I do feel that "SOME" (not all) Muslims do get offended too easily.  Or I should say, react poorly to being offended.  One should be offended by any derogatory statements, but fatwas calling for assasination and burning effigies is extreme.  What good comes out of rioting? Nothing. 
Offence come from respect, and west have lost the sense of respect in the flow freedom. You should not try to judge us by your stu**d standard. Something you may find bad about us, are something we are proud of.

Rushdie himself has done nothing deserving of Knighthood. 
 Insulting Islam in any respect is greatest work anyone could do to get knighthood. This is what queen had conveyed to us. This may be your opinion, but queens have her own standard to judeg people.

Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2007 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by Delta Delta wrote:

Iran condemns Rushdie knighthood

They say that this person is the most hated of the muslims, because he insulted Islam

I wonder why

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/06/17/iran.rushdie.ap/ index.html

Your link is no good from my end!
I cant get to the contents so I can't help you -- keep wondering as please!
Iranian condemnation is just a cheap propaganda ploy against the Muslim territories under neo colonial sl. And that part is OK. The condemnation mean squat after all these years gone by.
 But you know just like there are some no nos across the board and this was the one the Brits forgot. If the Ayatullah really meant what he said we wouldn't be discussing this right now. The Diablo face would be with real master the Devil himself than with earthly devils.
He should have declared the mission accomplished and he would be the true hero.He did make some cheap points. But he was  what he was a great propagandist. What was the use of the Fatwa when the subject was beyond his jurisdiction and could not be executed!
This old bag of a queen has lost her mind to give the finger to some of her subjects while she forgot in her old age about what happened to their pet Raj Pal at the height of their Empire in the subcontinent? Go read & then we will talk about it!

Edited by Sign*Reader
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Delta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2007 at 1:35am
Originally posted by abuzaid abuzaid wrote:

What's offensive to me?? I do not understand.

I saw both of these threads. I don't think we muslims gets offended so easily. There are many other website where people have concocted many more accusaion against Islam.

Do you think that there is some truth in that anti-islam sites ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic