IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - False prophets  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

False prophets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 22>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdtiger2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: False prophets
    Posted: 14 June 2007 at 4:47pm

I have read Quran book and learned more about Muslim's religious. I can see that Quran has many miracles. It sounds like God's words. I heard that Quran has no errors and others books have many errors. I have seen that Holy Bible has many errors.

One thing bother me that false prophets will come after Jesus. Is Muhammad true prophet even though Holy Bible says that there will be false prophets after Jesus?

Please read this verses and explain to me if you really believe that Muhammad is true prophet. I want to understand.

I picked two verses from Holy Bible. These verses seem powerful

2 Corinthians 11:13-15

13For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.

14And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

15Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

1 John 4:1-6

1Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

2Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

3And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

4Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

5They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.

6We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2007 at 7:58pm
Oh-no, here we go again. 

Dear jd,

In the interest of avoiding this thread for the Umteenth time.  Please do a search of the threads and you will finds dozens of threads with arguements for and against Muhammed's (pbuh) Prophethood.  You will also find numerous threads about the validity of the New Testament, the Holy Spirit, the Trinity, the divine sonship of Jesus Christ (or for the Muslims, his Prophethood). 

Please, go over those many, many many threads before asking questions that have already been answered many over.

Just to let you know from a Christian to another Christian (I am assuming that is what you are), the Muslims do not take the New Testament and large sections of the Old Testament to be the word of God.  Where our Bible was written by authors after the fact in accordance with revelation and teachings of the Apostles.  Their Quran was a direct dictation from God, thru the Angel Gabriel to Muhammed (pbuh).  Therefore, they do not take many of the sources of the New Testament as reliable scripture.  Especially those from Paul and those with questionable origins.  (Mostly, just throw out anything by Paul....and anything written after 100AD) 

For more information on that....go to http://www.earlychristianwritings.com and for a copy of the Muslim Quran by three different translators and assorted Hadiths (sayings and deeds of Muhammed ~pbuh~) Goto, http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/

Thank you and enjoy reading.

PS, if you think you'll prove anything on the False Prophet tangent.....I really suggest reading the many threads.  Virtual Bibilical scholars have failed to convince even just one....its a matter of faith because all other arguements are a never ending loop of documents by people who frankly just don't know. 

The only truth is in the Holy Spirit's testamony to the heart of the believer, be that Islam, Judaism or Christianity. 

God be with you.

Angela

Edited by Angela
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2007 at 5:03pm
To jdtiger2002,

The Jesus of the Bible also said in Matthew 7 that "a good tree bears good fruits."  Therefore, a true prophet can be recognized by his "fruits."  Muhammad (pbuh) bore many "good fruits."  Doesn't that mean that he is indeed a true prophet?  Keep in mind that this is not even from an Islamic perspective.

Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

khairullah View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khairullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2007 at 8:40pm

as angela said not a single christian in the world disproved the prophethood of Mohammad (PBUH). there were many false prophet at the time of Mohammad (PBUH) but they failed.

so Jesus might indicated those false prophet not the Mohammad (PBUH).

As Angela said who believes that the old testment or new testment are the words of God.?

these books were written by the apostles many centuries after Jesus (PBUH). do you call that the words of God? well i dont think so.

there are many errors in the Bible does God makes error? i dont think so.

Mohammad (PBUH) is prophysiezed in 5 scriptures.

Mohammad (PBUH) is prophysized in the Hindu Scriptures

Mohammad (PBUH) is prophysized in the Parsi Scriptures

Mohammad (PBUH) is prophysized in the Budhist Scriptures.

Mohammad (PBUH) is prophysized in the Bible

Mohammad (PBUH) is prophysized in the Torah

there is no reason for me not to be a Muslim.

If you want to read all these prophesies then please read it in my posts.

Your borher in Islam Khairullah.

1:"The TRUTH stands out clear from error"2:256

2:"When comes the Help of God, and Victory And thou dost see the people enter God's Religion (ISLAM) in crowds".110:01-2.
buddyman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buddyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2007 at 2:48pm

Mohammad (PBUH) is prophysized in the Bible

Mohammad (PBUH) is prophysized in the Torah

there is no reason for me not to be a Muslim.

No offense, but this is false...Mohammed is not prophesied in the Torah or Bible...

The Bible by the way is a Greek translation which means many books. Jesus is the only Messiah.

Prophecy
"Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel." Isaiah 7:14

Fulfillment
Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost. Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a public example, was minded to put her away privily. But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost. And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Prophecy
"Now gather thyself in troops, O daughter of troops: he hath laid siege against us: they shall smite the judge of Israel with a rod upon the cheek.

But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting." Micah 5:1-2

Fulfillment
Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem, Matthew 2:1

Prophecy
"Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:

And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse." Malachi 4:5-6

Fulfillment
"Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.

For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.

And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come.

He that hath ears to hear, let him hear." Matthew 11:11-15

buddyman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buddyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2007 at 2:50pm

Prophecy
"Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts." Malachi 3:1

Fulfillment
And when the messengers of John were departed, he began to speak unto the people concerning John, What went ye out into the wilderness for to see? A reed shaken with the wind? But what went ye out for to see? A man clothed in soft raiment? Behold, they which are gorgeously apparelled, and live delicately, are in kings' courts.

But what went ye out for to see? A prophet? Yea, I say unto you, and much more than a prophet. This is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.

For I say unto you, Among those that are born of women there is not a greater prophet than John the Baptist: but he that is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he.

And all the people that heard him, and the publicans, justified God, being baptized with the baptism of John. But the Pharisees and lawyers rejected the counsel of God against themselves, being not baptized of him.
Luke 7:24-30

Prophecy
"Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows." Psalms 45:7

"And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;" Isaiah 11:2

"The spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;" Isaiah 61:1

Fulfillment
"And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased." Matthew 3:16-17

Prophecy
"Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times." Daniel 9:25

Fulfillment
"Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,

And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel." Mark 1:14-15

"Now in the fifteenth year of the reign of Tiberius Caesar, Pontius Pilate being governor of Judaea, and Herod being tetrarch of Galilee, and his brother Philip tetrarch of Ituraea and of the region of Trachonitis, and Lysanias the tetrarch of Abilene,

Annas and Caiaphas being the high priests, the word of God came unto John the son of Zacharias in the wilderness.

And he came into all the country about Jordan, preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins;" Luke 3:1-3

buddyman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buddyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2007 at 2:51pm

Key Text
"Thus saith God the Lord, He that created the heavens, and stretched them out; He that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; He that giveth breath unto the people upon it, And spirit to them that walk therein:

I the Lord have called Thee in righteousness, And will hold Thine hand, And will keep Thee, and give Thee for a covenant of the people, For a light of the Gentiles;

To open the blind eyes, To bring out the prisoners from the prison,
And them that sit in darkness out of the prison house." Isaiah 42:5-7

Fulfillment
Jesus answered and said unto them, Go and show John again those things which ye do hear and see:

The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them. Matthew 11:4-5

Prophecy
"Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger." Psalms 8:2

Fulfillment
"And when the chief priests and scribes saw the wonderful things that he did, and the children crying in the temple, and saying, Hosanna to the son of David; they were sore displeased,

And said unto him, Hearest thou what these say? And Jesus saith unto them, Yea; have ye never read, Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings thou hast perfected praise?" Matthew 21:15-16

Prophecy
"Yea, all kings shall fall down before him: all nations shall serve him." Psalms 72:11

Fulfillment
"Then Herod, when he had privily called the wise men, inquired of them diligently what time the star appeared. And he sent them to Bethlehem, and said, Go and search diligently for the young child; and when ye have found him, bring me word again, that I may come and worship him also.
When they had heard the king, they departed; and, lo, the star, which they saw in the east, went before them, till it came and stood over where the young child was.

When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy.
And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh. " Matthew 2:7-11

buddyman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buddyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2007 at 2:52pm
Key Text
"Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors." Isaiah 53:12

Fulfillment
"Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots." Luke 23:34
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 22>
  Share Topic