IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional > Middle East
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The way to Peace in Jerusalem  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The way to Peace in Jerusalem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniel Dworsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2005 at 5:47am
I wish you were my neighbor. I must learn Koran.
Do I have to do this in Arabic or can I obtain a "Kosher" English
Translation? My Arabic is limited to spoken and very poor at that.

Gandhi was a Lawyer. He understood a great deal about the law.
Most important he made even his enemies question themselves.
The disturbing thing about Gandhi to me as a Jew was his refusal to lend
his voice against the British Mandate of Palestine to let in refugees from
Germany and eastern europe. At the time there was of course no where
else to go. The standard answer is "Well, what do you expect? Everyone
hates the Jews why should Gandhi have been an exception?

An anada thing. Do you believe that god/Allah is still jealous?

Edited by Daniel Dworsky
Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2005 at 11:47am

Yes He is jealous why else would peace not be possible in The Holy Land while denying His rule? what is the matter with you? do you not see and understand? why are you so cought up in it? do you believe your ways will last forever while He is The Inheritor and that His righteous(fit) slaves will inherit the earth?

Daniel Dworsky View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniel Dworsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2005 at 1:32pm
Do I not see...Actualy not so good. Glucoma. But that's not what you
meant is it? Nope.

As far as my understanding I sorta thought that peace was so illusive here
because people were so rigid and intolerant of each other. In fact they
would rather judge each other and objectify each other than appreciate
the diversity and beauty all these different faiths have to offer.

My ways will hopefully not last for ever because they aren't comfortable.
They don't work for me or my neighbors. My people are making a mess
of things here. Most of us have no where else to go. It's not a great
situation. I'm considered by some of my own school chums to be a traitor
to Israel for even talking to Muslims. It's all going to be okay in the end
but right now it's painful to watch and evil to do nothing.

As far as being caught up in it I just am I was trained to be this way.
I need to change. I need to learn. Maybe it's too late but that's not an
attitude with which to get anything done.
Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2005 at 3:41pm

I think i read that you drank mango juice with Arafat, is this true?... do you regret doing that? because to me it's not worth it to drink anything with someone who caused so much corruption in the land. Was not he who started using the word Palestine and making it a duty upon people to spill blood for that "pagan" name? sure he could smile like an nice old granma but seriously, what good did he do except firing people up through furious new sence of nationalism, first he was a terrorist with glasses on, and started the new age terrorism together with that Khaddafi (also with glasses on) and then he became a peace dove? no way, there is no true peacemaker who does not invite people to what is good, to obey The Lawmaker, Arafat's goal was probebly not peace, but his own belly and maybe hopes of later on in time defeating israel and reconquering it. Was this meeting with Arafat the reason why your old school chums call you a traitor? because he is atleast a bit contreversial do'nt you think? but i am curious why did you meet with him anyway?

By the late afternoon time (before sunset)

Verily mankind is in loss

save those who have found security and safety in faith, and did mending(good) deeds, and enjoined truth and enjoined patience on eachother. Chapter al asr, the period after noon and before sunset(the end, basically the last period of the day)

Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2005 at 4:34pm
on another note, this is all you need to do, try to work for peace with"God" take a path toward Him by doing that which He likes and leaving what He dislikes, observing His Laws is what He likes, it pleases Him, it is a path and there are alot of things He likes for us, truthfulness is a major thing, He is The Truth, and truths lead to Him, and He will judge with truth on the day of judgement. You see it alot that people are pressured by groups or "leaders" into accepting their lies which they claim to be truths and acting like they wish them to act, and the leaders might be pleased with their obediance and these followers might be pleased with their leader's smiles, but on judgement day The Only One will judge with truth, so how will these people be before Him who is The Truth? who created us to worship Him? to please Him. No matter how pleased someone is with you, or displeased(like your school chums) all that matters is if He is pleased. Check if He is or not by looking into His book.  Abraham worked to please His Lord, he even killed his own son(because God only stopped him after he already sacrificed his son in his mind and his hand was about to slit his son's throught) which he loved more then anything in the world, and "God" is the merciful, so He gave him back his son, and ontop of that His nearness, Allah took Abraham as a friend. The true religion is that of Abraham, submission to God with the goal of gaining His peace by doing so, this is the meaning of the arabic word "islaam", what other reason is there to submit to His will? what other reason is there to observe His laws if it is not to for the sake of pleasing Him? the only other reason to me would be that of a hypocrite, who observes His laws to please other people. Because he wants to be accepted by the group for one reason or the other, to be smiled at and approved of by others, to be pleasing to others, and this pleases or profits him, but on the day of judgement, how will this person be? this person who did not observe the laws, who did not follow the religion except as a way to please the people around him, for a certain profit....what will happen to this liar when he sees the fire infront of him...and realizes that his works are fruitless, and that the truth is what remained and that falsehood has vanished, and that falsehood by nature is a vanishing thing.
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniel Dworsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2005 at 4:45pm
We had reason to believe that Sharon was going to take out Arafat with in
hours. I crossed the border into the Pal authority and met my contacts
outside the Gate of the Muktah and Yasser gave us something to drink.
We were going to send out for beer and Pizza but Yasser has this thing
about alcohol... Sorry Sorry I can't help it you are so serious Bottom line

It would have been a blood bath. He was not presenting a clear and
present danger. As bad as things are now it would have been worse had
we not put ourselves in the way.

I'll ask you a question.
If someone told you that you could save thousands of lives by humiliating
yourself publicly would you do it? I did. Mango Juice with Yasser Sumi
Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2005 at 7:43pm
If someone told me that i could save thousands of lives by humiliating myself publicly would i do it....i understand why you did it, but do you think alot of palestinians miss Arafat? what i found out is that "if" is often used in a wrong way, things are the way they are, and choices are made and we all are moving towards the conclusion.

Edited by Community
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniel Dworsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2005 at 12:30am

...things are the way they are, and choices are
made and we all are moving towards the conclusion.

The President of Palestine died not two months after our visit. You may
be right in that his passing was the natural course of events. But it was
up to Allah to take him. Not an assassin and certainly not the IDF. What
his own people thought of him is none of my business.

IF is a monumentally good word. It works for me like a flat surface to put
things down and look at them. It's a planning word who's powers should
only be used for good...

I often humiliate myself in public. for once this was a good cause
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic