IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Complaint  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Complaint

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2007 at 11:29am
Originally posted by Angela Angela wrote:

Sorry I didn't get to you faster.  I normally ignore the complaints section.   

Angela, i need your help.. i tried making posts on some threads but it looks st**id coz i dont belong to those discussions and at times i cant bother myself to read all those stuff and find out whats going on in order to be able to make a sensible post on a particular thread.. u kno what i mean??? so what we are going to do is have a formal discussion over here.. something like introducing ourselves?

first tell me, how many more posts do i need to make?

Every one who can see has a sight but everyone who has a sight doesnt have an insight.
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2007 at 12:06pm

Look Sonya Angela gave you great advice and now you are on your way and I suggest that if you have any further problems PM the moderators. No need to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Sonya View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2007 at 1:23pm
Look Israfil, i have already thanked Angela for her help. had she not been there, i would still be wondering for help. as for your advice of sending PMs to moderators, keep it for yourself. hve u ever tried it? well i have tried and it didnt work or is it that they dont prefer helping me in particular?
Every one who can see has a sight but everyone who has a sight doesnt have an insight.
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2007 at 3:19pm

Keep it to myself eh? Sure, why not?

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2007 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by peacemaker peacemaker wrote:

Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

As for them moving posts.  It happens.  I posted a question in Islam for the Non Muslim about Quran and Hadith and their roles in Sharia, but through the natural course of dicussion it changed to a debate about stoning and is now in INTRAfaith.  Since I'm Christian, its really now a discussion I should not participate in...even though I created the post.

I am sorry, it happens.  I've been here nearly two years.  Its really not that bad, the policies do more good than bad.

And to me that is wrong!

I know about the 45 posts, BUT if someone is in the middle of a discusion, and the thread gets moved it is rude! I have stated this a few times before, (I have over 5000 posts and i still don't have access even thou i checked into it, anyway that is not the point) the point is it is rude to move something that some people are in discussion with.

Want good policy?? don't be inconsiderate to others who are in discussion by moving them!

Angel,

How is it inconsiderate and rude to move a post where it actually belongs? What else can be done when a post doesn't belong to the section anymore due to derailed discussions? 

Peace

How would you like it if I took your thread or that you are in the middle of talks with others and I just took it all away from you??. you cannot respond to others that are talking to you, and since it is in the rules not to make multiple threads on the same thing or to respond to people who you are talking to you in another thread, you still cannot respond to those who you talk to you. (or vise versa)

I have nothing wrong with putting things where they belong BUT when people are talking and some cannot go into a place then it is inconsiderate! Not to mention it is inconsiderate to those who are asking/talking to the other person who cannot be in a place, and as said you cannot make another thread to respond to those others the respondings either get closed down or deleted! 

Peacemarker, in that natural course of talking, of course things/topics may change, but still it is rude to move elsewhere when some people, involved in discussion, cannot anymore.

Just ask yourself how would you feel? I can't understand why you had to ask me why its rude and inconsiderate  

Derailed discussions or not. It is still inconsiderate!!  

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2007 at 9:06am

Good point Angel.. I did not know that happened..

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2007 at 10:40am

Originally posted by peacemaker peacemaker wrote:

As for them moving posts.  It happens.  I posted a question in Islam for the Non Muslim about Quran and Hadith and their roles in Sharia, but through the natural course of dicussion it changed to a debate about stoning and is now in INTRAfaith.  Since I'm Christian, its really now a discussion I should not participate in...even though I created the post.

I am sorry, it happens.  I've been here nearly two years.  Its really not that bad, the policies do more good than bad.

And to me that is wrong!

I know about the 45 posts, BUT if someone is in the middle of a discusion, and the thread gets moved it is rude! I have stated this a few times before, (I have over 5000 posts and i still don't have access even thou i checked into it, anyway that is not the point) the point is it is rude to move something that some people are in discussion with.

Want good policy?? don't be inconsiderate to others who are in discussion by moving them!

Angel,

How is it inconsiderate and rude to move a post where it actually belongs? What else can be done when a post doesn't belong to the section anymore due to derailed discussions? 

Peace

How would you like it if I took your thread or that you are in the middle of talks with others and I just took it all away from you??. you cannot respond to others that are talking to you, and since it is in the rules not to make multiple threads on the same thing or to respond to people who you are talking to you in another thread, you still cannot respond to those who you talk to you. (or vise versa)

I have nothing wrong with putting things where they belong BUT when people are talking and some cannot go into a place then it is inconsiderate! Not to mention it is inconsiderate to those who are asking/talking to the other person who cannot be in a place, and as said you cannot make another thread to respond to those others the respondings either get closed down or deleted! 

Peacemarker, in that natural course of talking, of course things/topics may change, but still it is rude to move elsewhere when some people, involved in discussion, cannot anymore.

Just ask yourself how would you feel? I can't understand why you had to ask me why its rude and inconsiderate  

Derailed discussions or not. It is still inconsiderate!!  

Angel,

Thanks for your reply. Okay, what else should be done? As moderators, it is part of our job to ensure that something should be done to "derailed threads." We cannot leave them the way they are.

Should we close such threads all the time, we do close such threads sometimes when things go out of control?

Please suggest me what should be done that wouldn't be rude and inconsiderate.

Peace

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2007 at 7:12pm

Well, Peacemaker, as this has happened to me, I should answer.

The thread was terribly derailed.  Perhaps you should have created a new thread and asked members to move their discussion of Rajm to that thread and delete any further posts that were off topic.

As it is, my Question about Quran and Hadith when deciding Shariah was completely lost.  The question was for us NON muslims to understand that way Shariah is decided.  I can't help it that the Muslim contributors degraded into bickering over one aspect instead of teaching the non muslims how Sharia is determined.

Perhaps one of you more knowledgeable individuals like Fatima or yourself should start a new thread in Islam for Non Muslims about Sharia and the roles of Hadith and Quran in the process of deciding. 

That way we can ask non specific questions (as I have learned my lesson about giving examples) on how a hadith may override the Quran or vice versa. 

Rami was the only contributor who took my question seriously and tried to explain in terms a Non muslim would understand.  (For that, I thank him).  The rest should have been kicked to another thread.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic