IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Complaint  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Complaint

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Complaint
    Posted: 07 June 2007 at 4:03pm

As salaamu'alikum,

i do not know whom exactly do i seek help from regarding this matter. i was told that i am not allowed to take part in any other discussion(s) except the ones in the 'General' section of this forum. reason? i am still a newbie.. is that justified? one question.. is it my fault if i have joined this forum recently? besides, i was part of a discussion - shia, shafi, hanafi, maliki... - but all of a sudden it was moved to intrafaith dialogue. i do understand that its a matter of organization but why am i forced to leave the discussion? this is HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATION!!!???!!!

is there anything i can possibly do in order to be able to continue wid the discussion? i still read the posts that are made on this thread and i feel so bad when i am unable to respond.. this is UNFAIR! please help..

Every one who can see has a sight but everyone who has a sight doesnt have an insight.
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2007 at 1:29am
How is not able to speak in other threads a "Human Rights Violation?"
Sonya View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2007 at 12:00pm

'freedom of speech' is a human right and if i am not allowed to put forth my opinion then it is human rights violation.. isnt it? besides, they actually threw me out of the discussion!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every one who can see has a sight but everyone who has a sight doesnt have an insight.
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2007 at 2:17pm

Sonya....

Here's the advice we give all new comers, you need 45 posts to get into the restricted areas.  We all go through it.  Its to keep the "missionaries" and "uberpatriots" from creating and account and spamming the heck out of the site.  Its for your protection, believe it or not.

Go through the general section and women's section and search the topics.  Make 39 more posts....all they have to be is

"  "

And that's it, its a post.  Once you've hit 45...then you can freely post in the other sections.  Trust me, you don't want them to remove that restriction.  As a Christian, I've seen enough of my so called brethern come in here just to cause trouble.  Its 45 posts to prove you're not a crazy evangelical patriotic missionary.

As for them moving posts.  It happens.  I posted a question in Islam for the Non Muslim about Quran and Hadith and their roles in Sharia, but through the natural course of dicussion it changed to a debate about stoning and is now in INTRAfaith.  Since I'm Christian, its really now a discussion I should not participate in...even though I created the post.

I am sorry, it happens.  I've been here nearly two years.  Its really not that bad, the policies do more good than bad.

Sonya View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2007 at 2:38pm

THANK YOU angela! Finally i got someone to help me.. i had lost hope.. i came here to ask if someone could atleast tell me how to become a proper member from a newbie and i found your reply! thank you sooo much..

i kept sending pms to andalus but this mr. or ms. moderator seems to be a bit busy which is why he/she never cared to  get back to me.. anyhow, everything happens for some reason.. perhaps i was destined to get your help [for which i had to wait all these daysssss].

thanks once again!

Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2007 at 3:46pm

Sorry I didn't get to you faster.  I normally ignore the complaints section.   

albaithobe View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote albaithobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2007 at 8:49pm

i have faced the same problems. maybe that's right to us green-hands.

i wanna know more about this web. who can help me ?

Abu Mujahid View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Mujahid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2007 at 10:31pm

Sister Sonya

Assalamu alaikum

To me, the best policy in this liberal website is not to complain but to strive hard. I suffered the worst insults you can imagine at their watch and kept moving regardless. Dahlani (Andulus) and his ilks will enjoy your cry since they are liberal political incorrect/self defeastist. Moreover, they enjoy Khurafa in creed and thinking. Read his lies in this day and age about Ibnu Abdulwahab in other threads.

Once they label you Wahabi to deflect ....(complete the sentence) you are done if they don't sell you to US governemt and have happy Pacific vacation.

So please cruz this kumbaya business with your own risk and have patient.

May be you educate truth seekers in peace insha Allah

Abu Mujahid

Islam need true muslims
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic