IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Complaint  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Complaint

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
sasha7604 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sasha7604 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Complaint
    Posted: 20 May 2008 at 8:06pm
Hi,

I a new member here and have a few queries.

I have actually send a general discussion to seek advise from fellow brothers & sister here and it seems that the topic was not reflected in the dicussion forum.
Why is that so ?
It does prompt me that someone will have to accept it first, something like that...
It is wrong or I classified it wrongly ?
I was writing about a fren who is in trouble and I am trying to look out answer for her.

Please advise me.

VoiceOf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VoiceOf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2007 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by Angela Angela wrote:

I normally ignore the complaints section.   

why? You dont like complaints?

Edited by VoiceOf
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2007 at 10:20pm
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2007 at 10:09am

Assalamu Alaikum,

Thanks for your comments and feed back.

Mod/Admin group keeps discussing issues of concern on a regular basis. We also receive Pms and other reports from time to time from participants that help us improve. While we may not claim flawless functionality in terms of our performances here, we do our best to meet the objectives of this place where people visit to learn and share from all over the globe.

True, the complexities do happen here sometimes; nonetheless, it is really a blessing of Allah to have a company of top-notch Moderators/Administrators, and so many enthusiastic and knowledgeable contributors who are determined to learn and deliver the message unhesitatingly. Even in the face of overwhelming odds at times, they keep growing. What a company, Masha Allah!

A shloka ( verse ) in Sanskrit is worth remembering:

"Vidya Dhanam Serv Dhanam Pradhanam."

( The wealth of knowledge is the best wealth. )

And the very first revelation in Qur�an says:

YUSUFALI: Proclaim! (or read!) in the name of thy Lord and Cherisher, Who created-
PICKTHAL: Read: In the name of thy Lord Who createth,
SHAKIR: Read in the name of your Lord Who created.

May Allah guide us and help us acquire the best possible knowledge so that we may guide and enlighten the entire humanity.

Peace

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2007 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by peacemaker peacemaker wrote:

Angel,

Thanks for your reply. Okay, what else should be done? As moderators, it is part of our job to ensure that something should be done to "derailed threads." We cannot leave them the way they are.

I think it needs to be clear that there is two points to "derailed threads". One is just in cordially way in natural talking of things and two when things REALLY DO get out of control. It is the first one that is of concern. 

Quote Should we close such threads all the time, we do close such threads sometimes when things go out of control?

yes, I know that  and we are not of the concern of closing threads down in this issue, it is moving a thread/s to other areas where some people cannot get access to and cannot participate anymore where they are in the middle of talks/responding/discussions.

Just a little awhile ago well few months have passed now, i had a go at this issue of moving, when I was in with discussion with Israfil and anybody else that wanted to be in it, but mostly its was between Israfil and me at the time, the topic was in the interfaith forum, it was something that was interfaith for all even thou islam came into it and some moderator moved it and i couldn't respond to replies and the discussion at hand. I think I made a complaint about it.

Quote Please suggest me what should be done that wouldn't be rude and inconsiderate.

Peace

Don't move them  or get rid of the 45 post rule which would be better, it just means that you/moderators have to keep a closer eye out for those who are intent in disrupting the boards and are trolls, or just plain jerks who have nothing better to do than beating up the boards.

The 45 post rule came into place because, or for those who are serious, well anybody who wants to cause discourse will do so anyway after the 45 posts, so in a way its a silly thing to have  I have never saw sense in waiting after 45 post or in my case still waiting after some 5000+ posts

Also if people want to know something that was mentioned in some discussion but is not part it, is to make another thread on what they want to know especially if it will lead to a lengthy discussion in itself. I think most of us do that anyway. 

If threads are active its is best to keep them where they are, its not fair on those who cannot get access to areas where they have been moved except current events/world politics since if you move them people still got access.

AS I mentioned before there is nothing wrong in having things organised i like my things organised myself but there are times when things have to stay where they are. If threads became inactive maybe move them then.

so...how goes it

Edited by Angel
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2007 at 7:14pm

Sonya,

if you look under your name on the side, you will see the date you joined, your location, status and Posts.

If you look, I have something like 2080+ posts.  You are currently sitting at 41 according to your counter. 

Just four more to go.  LOL

Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2007 at 7:12pm

Well, Peacemaker, as this has happened to me, I should answer.

The thread was terribly derailed.  Perhaps you should have created a new thread and asked members to move their discussion of Rajm to that thread and delete any further posts that were off topic.

As it is, my Question about Quran and Hadith when deciding Shariah was completely lost.  The question was for us NON muslims to understand that way Shariah is decided.  I can't help it that the Muslim contributors degraded into bickering over one aspect instead of teaching the non muslims how Sharia is determined.

Perhaps one of you more knowledgeable individuals like Fatima or yourself should start a new thread in Islam for Non Muslims about Sharia and the roles of Hadith and Quran in the process of deciding. 

That way we can ask non specific questions (as I have learned my lesson about giving examples) on how a hadith may override the Quran or vice versa. 

Rami was the only contributor who took my question seriously and tried to explain in terms a Non muslim would understand.  (For that, I thank him).  The rest should have been kicked to another thread.

peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2007 at 10:40am
Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

Originally posted by peacemaker peacemaker wrote:

Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

Originally posted by Angela Angela wrote:

As for them moving posts.  It happens.  I posted a question in Islam for the Non Muslim about Quran and Hadith and their roles in Sharia, but through the natural course of dicussion it changed to a debate about stoning and is now in INTRAfaith.  Since I'm Christian, its really now a discussion I should not participate in...even though I created the post.

I am sorry, it happens.  I've been here nearly two years.  Its really not that bad, the policies do more good than bad.

And to me that is wrong!

I know about the 45 posts, BUT if someone is in the middle of a discusion, and the thread gets moved it is rude! I have stated this a few times before, (I have over 5000 posts and i still don't have access even thou i checked into it, anyway that is not the point) the point is it is rude to move something that some people are in discussion with.

Want good policy?? don't be inconsiderate to others who are in discussion by moving them!

Angel,

How is it inconsiderate and rude to move a post where it actually belongs? What else can be done when a post doesn't belong to the section anymore due to derailed discussions? 

Peace

How would you like it if I took your thread or that you are in the middle of talks with others and I just took it all away from you??. you cannot respond to others that are talking to you, and since it is in the rules not to make multiple threads on the same thing or to respond to people who you are talking to you in another thread, you still cannot respond to those who you talk to you. (or vise versa)

I have nothing wrong with putting things where they belong BUT when people are talking and some cannot go into a place then it is inconsiderate! Not to mention it is inconsiderate to those who are asking/talking to the other person who cannot be in a place, and as said you cannot make another thread to respond to those others the respondings either get closed down or deleted! 

Peacemarker, in that natural course of talking, of course things/topics may change, but still it is rude to move elsewhere when some people, involved in discussion, cannot anymore.

Just ask yourself how would you feel? I can't understand why you had to ask me why its rude and inconsiderate  

Derailed discussions or not. It is still inconsiderate!!  

Angel,

Thanks for your reply. Okay, what else should be done? As moderators, it is part of our job to ensure that something should be done to "derailed threads." We cannot leave them the way they are.

Should we close such threads all the time, we do close such threads sometimes when things go out of control?

Please suggest me what should be done that wouldn't be rude and inconsiderate.

Peace

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic