IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Abraham was a Community  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Abraham was a Community

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Abraham was a Community
    Posted: 19 May 2005 at 10:47pm

In the koran Allah mentions abraham as being a community, His friend, and our father, Abraham in hebrew means "Father of a multitude" he had two sons, Isaac and Ishmael, both followed their fathers religion, There is only One god, and His alone is the worship,   The Prophets and messengers all believed the same fact. The last prophet Muhammed (The Peace is upon him) who is a decendant of Kedar, who is a decendant of Ishmael, and the believers are commanded in the koran to follow the way(trod) of Abraham. His peace is my goal.

22:78 And strive in His cause as ye ought to strive, He has chosen you, and has imposed no difficulties on you in religion; it is the way(trod)of your father Abraham. It is He Who has named you Muslims(those who submit wishing His peace), both before and in this, so that the Messenger is a witness over you, and ye be witnesses over mankind! So establish regular Prayer, give regular Charity, and hold fast to Allah. He is your Protector - the Best to protect and the Best to help!

2:135 They said: "Be Jews or Christians so that you will be guided." Say : Rather the Religion of Abraham the True in faith(who seeks His pleasing and nearness), and he joined not gods with Allah."

You may be jew christian or muslim, but if your goal is not pleasing Him, then your works are in vain. TRUTHFULNESS pleases Him, and fearing Him pleases Him and leads to true knowledge.

Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2005 at 1:49am

Say: "(Allah) speaketh the Truth so follow the religion of Abraham, the sane in faith; he was not of the Pagans." [koran chapter 3 "aali imraan" the family of Imran verse 95 ]

trueth searcher View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trueth searcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2005 at 11:13pm

Assalam Alaikum

Hi I am new to Islam... and I dont know very much about the religion yet, so please bear with me. I have a question about what you typed  " 22:78 And strive in His cause as ye ought to strive, He has chosen you, and has imposed no difficulties on you in religion; it is the way(trod)of your father Abraham. It is He Who has named you Muslims(those who submit wishing His peace), both before and in this, so that the Messenger is a witness over you, and ye be witnesses over mankind! So establish regular Prayer, give regular Charity, and hold fast to Allah. He is your Protector - the Best to protect and the Best to help!  ".  If one was to follow in the way of Abraham (and pray to ALLAH) and prayed the way it came naturally to them  and with their whole heart, and didnt know the salat do you think that they should continue to pray the way it is most natural to them, or would they still need to learn the salat and pray the way Muhammad ( peace be upon him )did since he was sent down after Abraham?

I was just curious because if everyone followed in the way of Abraham and if everyone would accept all the prophets (which I just can't understand why they dont.. maybe its the veil) then there wouldnt really be any division in religion.

Edited by trueth searcher
Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2005 at 1:20pm
to pray to Allah in a way that comes natural to you is good, salat is to use the body mind and heart for His worship, so the use of everything He gave you for worshipping Him, this should come naturally. Cleaning yourself before doing the salat, putting the head on the ground for Him, bowing down for Him, and facing His house(the qa'aba) are actions mentioned in His book, the koran. observing the salat is for remembering Him. There are those who stare blind on details and make a big deal about the outer form of the salat, and say only certain ways are allowed and proper and other ways are not they make the outer form of the salat more important then the inner form  and confuse people with this to the point that to some the outer form is all what remains, to these i state the narration in which The Prophet says that a time will come that we will have to fight against those who's salat looks more beautiful then ours.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic