IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Science & Technology
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - God vs. Allah (it’s in the name)  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

God vs. Allah (it�s in the name)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2005 at 7:22pm

It is not that first the word ilaah existed and then the name Allah was "invented". The word ilaah came into existance because people needed to differenciate between different "gods" they claimed to exist. And since Adam, the first human worshipped The Only god, there was no need for the word "ilaah"(a god), this word became needed when people started inventing other "gods" and because of this, the word ilaah (a god) came into existance.

Allah is the first and last, above everything and everyone. Adam was the first human, the first to use human vocal cords, and if you understand, The first to prunounce the letter A, it is the easiest to pronounce, so the first letter pronounced by a human being is the letter A, or AA actually, if you do not think it is the first letter pronounced then i suggest you should listen to a baby when it is born, and listen to the first sound it makes, the truth is something you can confirm, and truth leads to Him who is The Truth. Let me ask you this question, do you think that Adam used the first sound and letter he made for something or someone else then Allah? 

A= the easiest sound to make, thus the first letter ever pronounced.

L= when you push your tongue upward in your mouth, and use your vocal cord. LL you get when you put emphasis on the sound of L, that He is above everyone and everything.

A= is the first letter, the first.

H= is the last letter, since it is produced when your lungs run out of air while using your vocal cords, the last sound you hear when someone dies, the last breath, so this is the last letter. The last.

Edited by Community
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2005 at 4:50am

Assalamu alaikum,

Just thought I'd throw in some information about "godmother" and "godfather" as there seems to be some misunderstanding of what those mean.

In the Catholic church, when a baby is baptisted, the parents appoint a godmother and godfather for the child.  These two people are to be responsible for the religious aspect of the child's life, should something happen to the parents.  They are also supposed to remind the parents if they are not bringing up the child in a good religious manner, according to the church.

Now, in today's times, the function of these people has all but disappeared, as most pay not much attention at all to Allah or their religion.  But the tradition, and the names, continue to be used.

I know this has nothing to do with the topic of Allah's name - I just wanted to clarify those terms for those who might not be familiar with what they mean.

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2005 at 5:36am
I have yet another dimension to this naming thing. Guess, what arab chritians used to call God, if not 'God' in arabic? Some body told me they also used to call Him Allah so much so that their Bible (in Arabic) also used the same name. Now this is not known whether this was piror or after Islam. Cheers!
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2005 at 9:40am

I dont see how this relates to science but I have to agree with the person who said "God knows his name in every language." God is the English word used to describe the supreme being. The first letter of the word is capitalized because it is to seperate it from the word "god" which represents a deity or figure possessing supernatural powers. But the english word God etymology relates to the German paganistic god  "Got" but eventually through the years and since the rise of Christianity in Europe the word Got was referred solely to the supreme being. In the Qur'an God says "To Allah belong the most beautiful names." In Farsi they call him Khuda in Spanish its Dios in Arabic its Allah in Indian language its Brahman. I believe God being the Most High knows what humans are saying when they call to him there really is no big deal.

Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2005 at 11:17am
If you understood my reasoning. It relates to science in the way of human vocal anatomy and the logical use of it to discribe The One Supreme being, Allah. This link can not be found for the name God, Got, or any other names given to Him in other languages.
ron75 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ron75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2005 at 10:01pm

Originally posted by Community Community wrote:

If you understood my reasoning. It relates to science in the way of human vocal anatomy and the logical use of it to discribe The One Supreme being, Allah. This link can not be found for the name God, Got, or any other names given to Him in other languages.

Science? I doubt it. You are using a totally subjective standard.

Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2005 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by ron75 ron75 wrote:

Originally posted by Community Community wrote:

Science? I doubt it. You are using a totally subjective standard.

Yes science also consists of theories, and what is so subjective about the fact that the AA sound was the first sound made by a human being? is it not the first letter in most Alphabets? because of it's easy characteristics, even a baby when it s born cries "aah" easy aint it? reasoning is a part of science, L is the sound you get when you point up with your tongue, or is that an assumption also? when you are near someone dieing the last thing you probebly will hear is something that resembles "huuh" the H is the last letter in the arabic alphabet, not the Z, makes sense does 'nt it? in arabic prunounced as "HA"

Edited by Community
Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2005 at 2:21pm
alo(t) gets lost in translation of verses in the koran, one of them is concerning the name Allah, because of the gramatica sometimes it says Allaha, Allahi, and my personal favorite Allaho(prunounced as Allah who), the differences in prunounciation depends on either a stripe above the last letter which makes it Allaha, or under the last letter which makes it Allahi, and then the character that has the form of a nine (9) above the last letter which makes it Allaho, arabs do not prunounce this last character above the last letter, so it becomes Allah, islam instead of islama, and jihaad instead of jihaadun, jihaadin or Jihaadan, because it depends on the gramatical construction of a sentence for the right choice of the sound of the last letter, an example of when the sound does come to life is with this announcement Allaho Akbar, which means Allah is greater. Alot of people get the wrong translation of akbar as meaning greatest or great, infact it does not have any other meaning the(n) greater even though some claim it means greatest great and greater, So Allah is greater, then anything, anyone and any thought or imagination. 

Edited by Community
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic