IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reviews - Media > Radio, TV & Film
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Movie "Kingdom of Heaven"  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Movie "Kingdom of Heaven"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Movie "Kingdom of Heaven"
    Posted: 11 March 2005 at 7:11pm
I have to say what a nice little surprise to see that the makers of Islamicity.com make a new forum! Well, I just wanted to add that there is a movie called "Kingdom of Heaven" coming out soon based on the conflicts of the Crusade very good trailer on the website if you wish for more info!
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2005 at 8:10pm

Auzunillahi minash shaitan ir rajeem,

Bismillah ir rehman ir rahim,

Assalamualaikum israfil,

Welcome to Islamicity

This new forum was long due. Some people have worked very hard behind the stage, to pull all of this together. We should be thankful and appreciative of all the efforts that have gone into it.

Hope you will enjoy your stay here.

Maa salaama,

Nausheen

<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
-ArabianKnight- View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -ArabianKnight- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2005 at 10:10pm

Originally posted by Israfil Israfil wrote:

I have to say what a nice little surprise to see that the makers of Islamicity.com make a new forum! Well, I just wanted to add that there is a movie called "Kingdom of Heaven" coming out soon based on the conflicts of the Crusade very good trailer on the website if you wish for more info!

This actually looks like a very cool movie... but of course, the crusades are my favorite time period... To study - research, and such... Wish I lived back in that timeperiod..

Things were so much simpler back then.. but of course this is hindsight

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2005 at 11:21pm

I've seen paper ads but have't seen a preview on tv yet. But the movie is on my list of things to watch.

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2005 at 4:04am

I believe "Kingdom of Heaven" is due to be released May 6th.  I will have to wait until it comes out on DVD as I don't go to the movie theatre.

Does anyone know by who's "side" or which angle the movie is about (ie. the Christian view?, the Jewish view? the Muslim view? or a well balanced view of all sides???)

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
Abeer View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2005 at 10:47am
Interestes parties might know the following info about the movie, but hre it goes anyway...

Kingdom of Heaven Premise/Synopsis:
Set in 12th century Europe and the exotic East, Kingdom of Heaven is an epic romantic action film about a young peasant (Bloom) who becomes a renowned knight, saves a kingdom, and falls in a love with a princess.

Kingdom of Heaven Cast:
Orlando Bloom
Eva Green
Michael Sheen
Liam Neeson
David Thewlis
Jeremy Irons
Ulrich Thomsen
Brendan Gleeson
Marton Csokas

Kingdom of Heaven Director:
Ridley Scott

Kingdom of Heaven Written By:
William Monahan

Distributed by:
20th Century Fox
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2005 at 8:21am

Originally posted by Abeer Abeer wrote:

Interestes parties might know the following info about the movie, but hre it goes anyway...

Kingdom of Heaven Premise/Synopsis:
Set in 12th century Europe and the exotic East, Kingdom of Heaven is an epic romantic action film about a young peasant (Bloom) who becomes a renowned knight, saves a kingdom, and falls in a love with a princess.

Doesn't sound all that religious, not like The Passion, Moses, etc.

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
-ArabianKnight- View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -ArabianKnight- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2005 at 8:59am

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/kingdom_of_heaven/

Here is a trailer... you need quicktime to see it.. but yeah the movie does look good..

You see alot of crosses, so i'm guessing its form a christian Perspective.. I dont care.. its a Story.. everyone is going to have a view point.. but I garantee you .. somone on this forum is going to bring that issue up.... so I figured It might aswell be ME!.. So i can Finish it Right here... Thats right.. I THINK AHEAD!...

THere Is no god, BUT GOD
and Adam was his First Messenger