IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > World Politics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - This is why Palestine will not succeed  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This is why Palestine will not succeed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 13>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Tara View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2007 at 9:32pm

Salaam Alaykum,

I disagree the Isrealis are commiting acts of terrorism documented by Amnesty International and the United Nations. It is safe and fair to say the Israeli's are the terrorists sorry if it offends you it is a documented fact. What part of GENOCIDE did nobody get?

Wasalaam

Tara

Crimsonrider91 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crimsonrider91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2007 at 2:02pm
Nah, no hard feelings sis, sorry if I was a tad harsh. I've been in an
abrasive mood, I felt kinda bad when I realized you were new.

One thing though, I in no way implied that all Palestinians were
extremists, I've met some who act Extremist when they are not even
worth the title Muslim and some of them are among the greatest people
I've ever met.

You raise a good point about spreading their story through the media,
THAT is perfectly alright. It's when you teach people to hate, because they
don't just teach hate to the Israeli regime, Hamas seems to teach to hate
every Israeli, to every Jew, to everyone that isn't Muslim in existence.

Plus, I think Hamas are a bunch of bloody idiots to think they can take
back Palestine by force, let's face it, it's impossible. Another thing to
consider is this: Yes, certain people from a certain group can hurt you,
people are like that in every group, from Muslims to Jews and Christains
to Buddhists ( goes on Ad Infinitum). However, I firmly believe there are
good people in EVERY group, spreading this hate bullcrud will only blind
the Palestinian people to Jews and Westerns and such who sympathize
and maybe take steps to help them.

Also, it makes the Palestinians look bad when Hamas tries to make them
into mindless drivelling war-machines, when physical fights are the last
thing they'll best Israel in. The Israeli Army is skilled, well funded and
holds no punches when it comes to commiting war-crimes. And making
the people into violent killers like Hamas is trying to do will just give
Israel another excuse to continue eradicating the Palestinians: '
OOOHHHH WE'RE JUST CLEARING THE AREA OF VIOLENT TERRORISTS!',
that's how they'll be going. And lame reasons have allowed the continue
unhindered so far.
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2007 at 11:03am

It's funny when you criticize Hamas people defer to the Palestinian people as if Hamas is a representative of the people. But, perhaps maybe they are, maybe not. They say the people elected them so in respect to this could it be possible that the people believe in what Hamas believe? That is a question for think tanks I suppose. Tara the Israeli government for sure is not about peace, it is about the survival of Israel. However in contrast to this can you prove that Hamas is a peaceful government? If so I would like someone to prove that Hamas is a peaceful government. Not just by what they do for their people but internationally how are they peaceful? I need proofs not people running away from the criticism.

Tara View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2007 at 7:58am

Salaam Alaykum,

Again forgive for the comment about the IC. I do love this site and perhaps as a newbie I am a little out of my league here. There is hope and optimism for Palestine. Many courageous filmakers, artists, and poets are winning global awards for their films, music, ect. Perhaps the war will be won Inshallah with no more guns and bombs but these little seeds of peace. Hamas is a force to be reckoned with and yes I agree is self destructive militarily and morally the cartoon was wrong but there is a bigger picture. There are peaceful families living in the region we can never abadon them. They are dying. Yes there are problems all over the world and sometimes you must pick your battles. We can't win this one. If the flegling Islamic ummah thought this way we would not have Islam today. It is not 1400 years ago though so how can we spread the word and open the world's hearts and minds to a nation living in a prison. One person at a time. Peacefully. However if someone came into your home to rob, rape, and steal from your home you would call the police right?  They are calling on us the world and are discouraged because nobody seems to be hearing their cry. Allah SWT hears there cry and doors will open and freedom for Palestine will be heard around the world. I am a hopeless optimist..I hope it happens in my lifetime.  I have seen walls come down before torn apart by the hands of the people oppressed on the other side. In the end as in the case of Qarun the people see the punishment of the oppressor with their own eyes. Never lose hope Palestine...The end of the oppression will end soon.With all my Iman I believe...know call me a fool, I don't care I believe.

Wasalaam

Tara

Tara View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2007 at 7:23am

Salaam Alaykum,

"The people of Palestine" are not all extremists. This kind of thinking breeds Islamaphobia. The new regime is desperate to fill the people with hope. Many do not like it but if they were to speak out they would be classified as sympathizers. Why are we harder on ourselves than others suffering around the world? The war in Bosnia, for example, and the genocide there, nobody critcized anyone except the leader of that massacre Milosecvich. That was genocide then and it is no different in Palestine. Ariel Sharon's former deputy stated on more than one occassion "it was his objective to rid the region of Palestinians altogether." Praise Allah this mastermind of evil lies dead or in a coma. Maybe some of you misunderstand me because I live in the west and media commentators here are only allowed to begin filming after the Palestinian's are provoked due to a massive PR campaign by Israel in the United States. There are Jews and Israeli's who condemn the violence inflicted by them on the Palestinian's regularly in local papers in the region as well as The Village Voice a newspaper out of New York. Jews Against The Occupation.  I understand the frustration and yes I agree the behavior of violence in an extremesit way hurts their public opinion and their cause, but what may I ask you suggest they handle the situation? Perhaps launch their own PR campaign that states sorry we are not violent by nature we are just tired of getting killed. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crimsonrider91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2007 at 6:44am
And please, sister Tara, I don't mean to come across as rude, but if you
don't like any of our opinions, just disagree and argue your point of view,
don't try to give us lame guilt-trips with the ' maybe I came into the
wrong website'.

Israfil does in no way ( nor do I) imply that he cares not for the people of
Palestine, just that what they're doing is wrong, both on a moral level and
( to me) a practical level.
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crimsonrider91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2007 at 6:37am
Look, I know all about what the Palestinians are facing but preaching hate
will NEVER solve the problem, ever. What it will do is incite more violence,
this gives the Israelis the excuse that their trying to deal with terrorists,
thus the cycle continues. And for God's sake, be realistic, you think
fighting will help them against the better equipped soldiers of Israel? Who
are allies with the U.S.? Gimme a break.

Tara, there is a difference between barking and showing the world this
oppression and screaming ' I SHALL DESTROY MY OPPRESSORS!' They
want to help themselves? The Govt. should try finding a way to fix this
problem without indoctrinating people into becoming violent monsters to
try to fight on a battlefield that they could never conquer.

This sort of culture is just as self-destructive as the Israeli culture as
Crass accused Israel of being. Don't get me wrong, Israel has done some
undeniably horrible things, the Palestinians are indeed in a shit-hole (
please pardon my language) and I sympathize but that does not make
their actions any better.

What do you think uninformed people from the West would think if they
saw this video? They'd think the Palestinians were monsters. In fact I'm
sure the Israeli Govt. uses videos like this to convince their people into
thinking that the Palestinians are indeed monsters.
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2007 at 10:49pm

Jamal,

When I say I don't support the Palestinians I'm merely stating I don't support their government. their government is about annihilating Israel. Now, from my understanding this regime sound slike they are not about dialogue but rather physical action. Whether the video clip was from an anti-Palestinian site or not is not even the issue. the issue is, the Palestinians have a government that is not about dialogue but rather about violence. Palestinians are frankly not the poorest and the most suffering of all people in the world. I'm not gonna sit here and pity them just because they are Muslim. Frankly I see suffering people everyday in the States. What I don't like are governments that condone violence and Hamas is one of them.

Jamal you may be the one of thousands of Muslims that like to blame everyone accept oneself but I frankly look inside the glass house before i look outside.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 13>
  Share Topic