IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Basics of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Favourite Sayings  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Favourite Sayings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Favourite Sayings
    Posted: 04 May 2007 at 5:40am

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Assalamu alaykum

I was thinking whether to start a new thread or post it here, as you can see i went with the later . I want my fellow brothers and sisters to share their favourite sayings (not a hadith).

I will start inshaAllah, i read them some time ago so will be paraphrasing almost all of them.

It is attributed to Umar ibn alkhattab radhiAllah anh that he said, 'take account of your deeds before the account is taken from you'.

Another saying of Umar radhiAllah anh that i like is, he said that best reply/retaliation to an injustice done to you and a disobedience to Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala's command regarding you is, you sticking with the laws of Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala and obeying Him to best of your capacity.

Abdul Qadir jilani rahimullah alyh said that salah of a person is not just his five times on prayer mat but real salah starts when he leaves that prayer mat.

Lastly i heard saeed anwar once saying this and i absolutely loved it, he said that to know how much you or anybody has la ilaha illallah in his/her heart, you need to see how much Muhammad-ur-rasoolullah you have outside in your actions.

wassalam

Edited by fatima
Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2007 at 6:07am
 Sis Fatima why don't we start up new thread as many readers may go thru the sayings.

Edited by seekshidayath
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
fatima View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2007 at 4:29am

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Assalamu alaykum

As you suggested i made a new thread with it for more general and wider input .

wassalam

Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2007 at 12:08am
When you do some favour to any, Hide it and if someone does a favour to  you, let it know to others - Haz Ali RA.
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2007 at 6:16am

Imam Ibn ul Qayyim al Jawziyyah 

There are ten useless matters:

Knowledge that is not acted on

The deed that has neither sincerity nor is based on following the righteous examples of others

Money that is hoarded, as the owner neither enjoys it during this life nor obtains any reward for it in the Hereafter

The heart that is empty of love and longing for Allah, and of seeking closeness to Him

A body that does not obey and serve Allah

Loving Allah without following His orders or seeking His pleasure

Time that is not spent in expiating sins or seizing opportunities to do good

A mind that thinks about useless matters

Serving those who do not bring you close to Allah, nor benefit you in your life

Hoping and fearing whoever is under the authority of Allah and in His hand; while he cannot bring any benefit or harm to himself, nor death, nor life; nor can he resurrect himself.

However the greater of these matters are wasting the heart and wasting time. Wasting the heart is done by preferring this worldly life over the Hereafter, and wasting time is done by having incessant hope. Destruction occurs by following one's desires and having incessant hope, while all goodness is found in following the right path and preparing oneself to meet Allah.

How strange it is that when a servant of Allah has a [worldly] problem, he seeks help of Allah, but he never asks Allah to cure his heart before it dies of ignorance, neglect, fulfilling one's desires and being involved in innovations. Indeed, when the heart dies, he will never feel the significance or impact of his sins.
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2007 at 8:39am
Could favorite sayings include Qur'an?
aka2x2 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka2x2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2007 at 11:21am

I am reminded of a story about Ali-Ibn-Abitalib. I paraphrase the story since I do not have the source with me. During a time of strife and open civil war a man asked him �How do I know what haq is when so many worthies disagree about it and are at war with each other?�. Ali responded �Do not judge haq by the worthies that follow it. First know what haq is, and then judge the men that follow it as worthy�.

Respectfully
aka2x2
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2007 at 8:39am
 Infact every verse of Holy Quran can be quoted and for that we have an other section -, "Quran and Sunnah". Pls do contribute there. Here we shall discuss the sayings  of those great people in islam like that of sahabas, tabaeen ----etc. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic