IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How about SOme AvaTarS?!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How about SOme AvaTarS?!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -ArabianKnight- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How about SOme AvaTarS?!
    Posted: 11 March 2005 at 6:58pm
I like Avatars... Do YOu?!
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2005 at 8:19pm

yes, I do.

I talked to the brothers in technical support. They suggest that we will need the system to approve avtars, or else, people will be posting from everywhere under the sun .... if you know what I mean.

Probably we will have this feature sometime in future, but not right away.

For a while you will have to do without your pic. akhi

Maa salaama,

Nausheen

<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
-ArabianKnight- View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -ArabianKnight- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2005 at 10:49am
what?... If somone has an inappropriot/obcene avatar - then just give them a warning or if its way too vulgar then ban them from the board. I'm sure you know how to BAN people...

thats how most forums do it... I dont think there would be any clear cut system to weed out the good or the bad, excpt for other people.

Kind of like, when somone posts an inappropriot message, it could be up there for a whole day before it comes to your attention and then you delete it. Simple as that... and I'm sure there are going to be people here who are on like... avatar patrol, so more help for you!
adji View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2005 at 8:32pm

The problem is not come from people that want be a member of this board, but from people that do not like us, they just want to bother us. Yes we can block every time that's happen but they can create a new user again and again, and no one 24 hours watching this. As you know image is very sensitive in muslim community, the people who do not like us also know about this so...

DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2005 at 9:59pm
Some boards allow only internally hosted avatars. They do make the
board seem more personal.

Linking to external sites could be a problem.

DAvidC
Mustafaa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mustafaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2005 at 2:16am
I think the problem with this board is that there are only a few moderators, only a few people working on the maintenance of the board. But we have few members compared with some other boards, too.
There is no deity but Allah. Muhammad is the (last) Messenger of Allah.
Mustafaa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mustafaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2005 at 4:15am
I mean that of course we don't have much fewer members, but active users seem to be only a handful here.
There is no deity but Allah. Muhammad is the (last) Messenger of Allah.
fezziwig View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fezziwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2005 at 8:23am
Can you require all avatars be submitted in advance then put in ICs own directory? Maybe have the member post the URL where he has his avatar, then it could be copied. they're small so it should be circumspect.

F

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic