IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Men (Brothers)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - polygynous blessings  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

polygynous blessings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
rookaiya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rookaiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: polygynous blessings
    Posted: 20 April 2007 at 5:28am
Bismillaah Inalhamdulillaah was-Salaatu was-Salaamu 'ala Rasulillaah wa ba'd:

Assalaamu 'Alaykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh.  Inshaa'Allaah, I pray that this email reaches you in the best state of eeman and ihsaan striving to be pleasing to Allaah subhaanahu wa ta'aala in the best of manners.

Ya akhwaat, I wanted to take the time out to say jazaakum Allaahu khairan to all my beloved sisters who have supported me in my publishing endeavor, in particular the publishing of my memoir Polygynous Blessings: Musings of a Muslim Wife.  subhanAllah my beloved sisters i can not even describe to you how much i appreciate all the kind words of encouragement, the du'aat, all the love that has been shown to me just by my merely sharing my personal journey in being a plural wife.  the impact that my memoir has had and the response that i have received since publishing it has solidified for me something that i tried to get across in my book and that is that, polygyny is about so much more than me.  it is about so much more than the individual.  Polygyny is about community, about wanting for your sister what you want for yourself.  It is about selflessness, about the increase and preservation of this Ummah.  But most importantly, it is about submission to the commandments of Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala, in their entirety.  It is a test of our attestation of belief in La Ilaaha Il Allaah Muhammadur Rasulullaah. For indeed Allaah subhanahu wa ta'ala states in the Qur'aan:

"Do people think that they will be left alone because they say: 'We believe,' and will not be tested." (Al-'Ankabut 29:2)

And Allaah subhanahu wa ta'ala states in the Qur'aan: "...and it may be that you dislike a thing which is good for you and that you like a thing which is bad for you. Allaah knows but you do not know." (Al-Baqarah 2:216)

Just to update my sisters on my polygyny anthology project, alhamdulillah since launching the project about a month ago I have received four very thorough and thoughtful responses from brothers to the polygyny questionnaire, may Allah reward them with good. Ameen.   While I am grateful for these responses, they are by no means adequate enough for me to put together a book.  Sooooo, I am reaching out to you, my beautiful sisters, yet again and asking you to please pass the word along about the anthology to your husbands, fathers, brothers, uncles, anybody who you know would be so kind as to contribute to this project.   As I have mentioned in previous emails, I have come up with a questionnaire for brothers to fill out that will insha'Allah help to generate submissions  and provide an alternative for those brothers who may not be as inspired to sit down and write their thoughts out from scratch.

Ya akhwaat, clearly polygyny is an ever-present part of our Ummah which is increasingly being practiced.  With this reality, we need as much naseehah and insight as possible on how brothers are doing it, and doing it right.  This project is not just about throwing some words down on a piece of paper, this project is about highlighting the successes and correcting the shortcomings, it's about enjoining the good and forbidding the evil, a duty that Allaah subhanahu wa ta'ala has placed upon all of us in the Qur'aan:

"Let there arise out of you a group of people inviting to all that is good (Isl�m), enjoining Al-Ma'r�f (i.e. Isl�mic Monotheism and all that Isl�m orders one to do) and forbidding Al-Munkar (polytheism and disbelief and all that Isl�m has forbidden). And it is they who are the successful." (Aali Imran 3:104)

Insha'Allah for those who would like to read more about the anthology project you can visit the Polygynous Expressions website at: http://www.freewebs.com/polygynousexpressions/

also, for those of you who haven't read my book, it can be purchased at http://stores.lulu.com/poly_blessings

Please support this noble cause and know that all of the proceeds are going towards my family making hijrah bi'idhnillah.

Wa Jazaakum Allaahu Khair was-Salaamu 'Alaykum wa Rahmatullaahi wa Barakaatuh,

Sister Aneesa fee New York

Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell?
Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.
"so surely with every difficulty there is relief. Surely with every difficulty there is relief. Surah 94. verses 5 and 6
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic