IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Brother Waleed  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Brother Waleed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brother Waleed
    Posted: 24 March 2008 at 11:42am

Thanks for the advice but I feel that I was in the right direction. Acting on your advice, I checked and I feel that Abu Mujahid is entirely wrong. Now what do you say? please inform me. Thanks.

Walid View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2008 at 8:07am
Originally posted by minuteman minuteman wrote:

I could not understand the post of Abu Mujahid of 25 May 2007 and that of sign*Reader. But it appeared to me that the one who was supporting to help the neighbor was the right person. God bless. Charity is the best and should be encouraged.

Minuteman,

It is better to read the whole thread before you blame someone without Islamic reason.

Walid

minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2008 at 2:05am

I could not understand the post of Abu Mujahid of 25 May 2007 and that of sign*Reader. But it appeared to me that the one who was supporting to help the neighbor was the right person. God bless. Charity is the best and should be encouraged.

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2008 at 6:46pm
Salaamu Alaykum,

Here is a letter from Amira, Walid's wife, thanking all who donated.Smile

Email Translation (From Dr. Riad Sedki):

AAWW

This is Amira, Waleed Shalaan�s wife (widow)

I ask Allah that you are doing well

I received the (USA) Muslim community check in the amount $105,000 through the Egyptian Embassy (in Washington, DC)

The check is in my name, and I will be give Waleed�s parents their rightful share (according to Shariaa)

I would like to convey my sincere thanks and appreciation to the role of the US Muslims community for their support and effort Jazahum Allahu Khairan.

This (financial support) will afford me and my son an honorable life, priase be to Allah.

I don�t have an email for the US Muslim community or any other way to communicate my thanks to them

So, I am hoping that you would convey our sincere appreciation, myself, Khaled (son), and Waleed�s parents and give me an email or adress for them (Muslim community)

JAK and thank you for your support, may Allah reward you.

==============

Arabic original version (From Waleed's widow to Dr. Riad Sedki):

السلام عليكم و رحمة الله وبركاته

انا اميرة زوجة وليد شعلان

ارجو من الله ان تكون حضرتك بخير

اسفة علي الازعاج لقد استلمت الشيك الخاص بالجالية الاسلامي 77; بقيمة 105 الف دولار من السفارة المصريه

وصدر الشيك باسمي انا وعند صرف الشيك ان شاء الله سوف اعطي والد ووالدة وليد حقهم بما يرضي الله

وكنت اريد ابلغ شكري وامتناني لدور الجالية الاسلامي 77; علي هذا الشعور والمجهود جزاهم الله كل خير

فكل هذا جعل لي ولابني حياة كريمة دون السؤال والحمد لله رب العالمين

انما لا اعلم لهم ايميل او طرق وصول لشكرهم

فلو حضرتك توصل مدي امتناني انا وخالد ووالد وليد ووالدته وتعطي لي اميل لهم اوعنوان لهم

وجزاك الله كل خير والف شكر لحضرتك علي مساعدتك لي جعله الله في ميزان حسناتك امين

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2007 at 7:35pm
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2007 at 4:17pm

Bismillah,

Fundraising for Brother Waleed Shalan's family:

In [email protected], "egyptstudentsunionuk"
> <egyptstudentsunionuk@...> wrote:
>
> Dear all
> In response to your appreciated gestures, the ESUUK
> will start
> collecting money for our colleague engineer Waleed
> Shalan who passed
> away in the
Virginia Tech fire rampage. Dr.Ahmed Tag
> (president of
> Hull branch) will thankfully be in charge and
> mediate the course of
> action. DR.Rasha Waheed (president of Manchester
> branch and the
> treasurer of the ESUUK) who is in charge of all the
> financial
> aspects of the union, will thankfully audit and
> announce the
> donation as it builds up. You can donate through the
> ESUUK bank
> account, details are as follows:
>
> HSBC
> Sort code: 403130
> Account no: 31718959
> Please note Waleed Shalan name as to tag your
> donation.
>
> Following this move, we are thinking of having an
> ESUUK emergency
> managing fund, to be dedicated if similar accidents
> happened for on
> of our colleagues in the
UK and Ireland. We propose
> an annual fee
> (say �10) to be collected from each member for this
> fund. If we got
> an encouraging response from you, we would go
> forward and plan the
> project in details.
>
> All the best

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2007 at 3:42pm

Bismillahir Rahmaanir Raheem,

To all who contributed to the defense of the great Islaamic honor and dignity and kindness of dear Brother Waleed, May Allah, The Most Loving, continue to guide you, and Jazzek Allah Khayr.

Sorry for not listening, Pidrem, but I had to try.  Yes, You're right again!

Abu Mujahid View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Mujahid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2007 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

Originally posted by Abu Mujahid Abu Mujahid wrote:

[QUOTE=Sign*Reader]

>This is turning into real Special Olympics, even if you win you still are retarded.

Its not a game. Its Islam and someone should stand up to your liberal thinking.

Abu Mujahid

>You didn't get the Special Olympics metaphor in internet debate, did you?<

First I'm glad you gave in without noise or feared to response my previous post. Secondly, just as I expected its worst form of game on Islamic principles whether you named metaphor or else. Whenever I caught you red handed you lamented its you who didn't get it or understand. Or its internet metaphor.

>How about when you are in a hole, you should stop digging!<

Me or you?

>Who died and left you in charge of the Islamic thought police?

Islamic thought police? nice new liberal terminology!!!. I'm on charge on myself but also doing dawah in this liberal website that want to rewrite Islam.

>Why would a person of your thinking be attending a kafir funded university in the first place?<

You should be ignornat about Islam by saying as such. What about  the tax's I pay for instance?!!

>And let me educate you a bit,

Go ahead ya liberal fiqih to see what you offer!!!

>what applies here is the law of neighbors & travels wherein Allah with his great wisdom tells the believers to be good to their neighbors without preconditions of their faiths.

Law of neighbors!!!Without preconditions!!!!Ya salam!!! what a fiqih.

>I say other fella was Waleed's neighbor in this instance<

Wallahi it gets better by second. Do you see fellow muslims the American Islamic perspective!!! and their new American Islamic version on this incident.

>4:36 Serve Allah, and join not any partners with Him; and do good- to parents, kinsfolk, orphans, those in need, neighbors who are near, neighbors who are strangers, the companion by your side, the wayfarer (ye meet), and what your right hands possess: For Allah loveth not the arrogant, the vainglorious<.

For curosity, what is the meaning of  "what your right hands possess: Since you have an American perspective you should have difficult to accept that in its old stand. Listen ya fiqih, your citation of this verse shows how far is your Islamic teaching. The verse shows some general rights for neighbors and dying for someone kafir is not part of it. So why lying? if you want to put a new liberal tafsir to justify your un-islamic stand then go ahead but don't lie in this fashion on Allah. No Tafsir has said such thing.

Do you see what I meant by The Special Olympics? I don't want to be part of it, it is all yours.

Indeed I see what you meant. But I never thought you will go to this far. For that reason I refuse to be part of your American  perspective or your liberal thinking in Islam. 

Abu Mujahid

Islam need true muslims
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic