IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Pillars of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - prayer time and sleep  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

prayer time and sleep

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote senekerk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: prayer time and sleep
    Posted: 18 April 2007 at 6:06am

9. Sleep. If a person wakes up in the daruri time, having slept through the
ikhtiyari time, he incurs no sin by performing his prayer within that time.
It is permitted for a person to go to sleep before the time of the prayer
has come in, even if he knows that it is very unlikely that he will wake up
during that prayer's time.
After the prayer's time has come in, however, it
is forbidden for him to go to sleep before praying that prayer, if he thinks
that it is a possibility that he will not wake up until the end of the daruri
time.

I live in Eastern Daylight savings time zone. Isha is at 9:30pm  i go to bed early because i get up eary. In the above quote (in red) does this mean I can to to sleep prior to Isha time without praying? 

Kay
Knowledge01 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knowledge01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2007 at 9:35am
As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

I don't know where you got the paragraph which you posted above but it is totally wrong. 

First of all, sleeping between Salatul Maghrib and Isha is makruh (greatly disliked).

Second of all, there is no excuse, regardless of any situation, to miss ANY salaah.  Allah has ordered us to perform five daily salaah on time and has given us plenty of time and leaniency in special circumstances.

You must fit your schedule around your salaah.  If you get up early, try to take a nap during the day if possible.  The sunnah time to take a nap is immediately after Salatul Dhuhr.
senekerk View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote senekerk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2007 at 12:07pm

Originally posted by Knowledge01 Knowledge01 wrote:

As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

I don't know where you got the paragraph which you posted above but it is totally wrong. 

First of all, sleeping between Salatul Maghrib and Isha is makruh (greatly disliked).

Second of all, there is no excuse, regardless of any situation, to miss ANY salaah.  Allah has ordered us to perform five daily salaah on time and has given us plenty of time and leaniency in special circumstances.

You must fit your schedule around your salaah.  If you get up early, try to take a nap during the day if possible.  The sunnah time to take a nap is immediately after Salatul Dhuhr.

I got this from an article posted on this discussion board entitled Praying Fajr. Being new Muslim, I didn't think that was right. Thank you for clarifying

Kay
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic