IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Basics of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Al-Qadaa wa Al-Qadar  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Al-Qadaa wa Al-Qadar

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skr_of_knwldg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2008 at 6:14am
Assalmu Alaikum,

MashaAllah, May Allah reward you for this wonderful work.

I was just watching a documentary yerterday, "inside mecca" and there was this part where this American Muslimah said , "it's the invitation of Allah". Upon that statement I started to reflect, I have 2 of my friends who have made the hajj. Alhamdulillah. so, felt kinda left out . <sad> Though I am only 18 and there MIGHT be still chance for me to make Hajj inshaAllah.
I will just hope that waiting for my time is best for me and might even be a training of patience.

Though I will need du'as from you all. I really want to go for Hajj too :(

Thanks alot with the article, it has really given me more light on this topic. though,

I would like to ask a question.
Since as the prophet Muhammad(PBUH) said in his hadith that a person might do the deed of the person of the people of jannah until he is really close(to Jannah) and then what Allah (SWT) has predestined will as his faith, would then take over. and a  person may has done deeds of the people of hell fire until he is really close to that(hell fire) and then what Allah has predestined would take over and he would be of the people of jannah. (NOT QUOTED DIRECTLY, JUST THE MAIN POINT).

1)Would that mean that the heart(intetion) of the person at first betrays his actions(deeds) ? Since Allah see all that is in our heart, but we do not see people intentions.

Please explain a bit more with it's relation to intention. I don't get the reason (mainly) why the prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said so ... though I get it is to show that everything has been pre-dertermined. But the that also have to have a basis. I mean , Allah (SWT) does not shot dice and He is the Best of Judges... Allah would not just predestine Jannah, or Hell fire for someone without any basis.

shukran Jazeelan
Jazak Allahu Khayran
:)

Edited by Skr_of_knwldg - 28 July 2008 at 6:50am
Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2008 at 3:34am

As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala make it easy for you to fulfil your intention of performing Hajj and keep you on the straight path. Ameen!

Regarding your question, you are correct when you say it is about intention?  Only Allah knows our true intentions. People do a lot of charitable work, go to the Masjid on time for every prayer etc but only to show people so that people must think good of him. That is why the Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam) said that amongst the minor shirks is Ar-Riya (showing off)

Aboo Sa`eed (Radhi Allahu Anhu)reported that the Messenger of Allah(Sallallahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam)  
came to us while we were discussing about Dajjal and said, "Should I not inform 
you of that which I fear for you even more than the dangers of Dajjal? 
It is the hidden Shirk; A person stands to pray, and he beautifies 
his prayer because he see the people looking at him." 

(Sunan Ibn Majah vol. 2, #3389)

Wa Alaikum Salam

Edited by Alwardah - 29 July 2008 at 3:39am
�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
Skr_of_knwldg View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skr_of_knwldg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2008 at 4:47am
Wa alaikum Salam,

Thank you for the Clearification, May Allah Reward you!!!

I would like to ask one more question please,

1.) would building ones iman make him immune to this insincerity?
2) If so, or not.... Which steps would one take to build his imaan and what maintenance does one have to do to keep it there?

Thanks Again,

Masalam
Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2008 at 7:05am

As Salamu Alaikum

Insha Allah most definitely working on ones Iman will increase one�s sincerity in every action we do.

Regarding your second question, my simple answer will be to start with our religious obligations especially the 5 daily prayers and praying them on time�5 times daily and in the Masjid if you are male�..and then work your way up from there.

Alhamdulillah Ramadan is around the corner � a good month to learn self-discipline.

May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala protect us from the evils around us and from the evils within ourselves. Ameen!

Wa Alaikum Salam

�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
Skr_of_knwldg View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skr_of_knwldg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2008 at 12:32pm
Wa alaikum salam,
Ameen.

Thank you for the help!!!

May Allah reward you.

Ma'salam

Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 4:07am
As Salamu alaikum

May He reward you too Ameen

Salams
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 10:38pm

As'Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

Sister Alwardah, kindly correct me if i say that its sincerity { intending our act for the sake of Allah swt} that leads to strenghthening Imaan.

and regarding how to maintain it, apart from huquq- Allah , can we add on Huqqoq-ul-ibaad.

Kindly explain us in details, so that we try to gain closeness of Allah swt by been sincere

JazakAllahu khayr.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2008 at 5:30am

As Salamu Alaikum

This Hadith explains Ikhlas (sincerity) very well:

Zayd ibn Thabit (Radhi Allahu Anhu) relates:

The Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam) said:

"May Allah brighten whosoever hears my words, memorises them and then conveys them to others. Many a carrier of knowledge does not understand it, and many a carrier of knowledge conveys it to one who has better understanding. There are three things which the heart of a Believer has no malice about: Ikhlas for Allah in one's action; sincere advice to the Muslim leaders; and clinging to the Jamaa'ah."  (Reported by Imam Ahmad and ibn Majah)

Insha Allah if I will try and gather some notes and post it in a new thread.

Wa Alaikum Salam
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic