IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Social consequences of a religion?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Social consequences of a religion?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2007 at 11:34pm

Originally posted by crasss crasss wrote:

Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

What good is ulema council if it doesn't have the enforcement arm behind it?

Calling for government to intervene, will yield exactly that: they will intervene. And the solution is usually worse than the problem, because then it is not just another businessman that will rip us off, but the government too. Will the government actually solve the initial problem? No, usually not. So, now we end up with one more party to rip us off.

According to Ali� the scale of justice are the prerogative of Almighty which he hath set for man , wherefore do not contradict in his justice but establish his scales of justice, that is how you will be helpers in his dominion.

If you have a justice system the government shall be under the gavel of the judge.

The judge is supposed to adjudicate the between the parties based upon the evidence in the civil cases. The Government has no role in it except provide marshaling the orders.

I can�t tell what country you dwell in to be so cynical about the process!

I got burnt in a business partnership cuz the business partner kept my wife impressed with his constant show of religiosity(about Allah & his Prophet) while he cheated us out in the tune of a third of million dollars. And my wife being too trusting of Muslims cuz of her religiosity I am left holding the bag.

Instead of listening to someone saying that he is a Muslim, why do so few people seem to do the reasonable thing and rather listen to other people saying that he is a Muslim?

If people generally attach unquestioning belief to the statement that someone says that he is a Muslim, this belief will automatically be abused by people clamouring that they are Muslims in order to abuse that belief.

This observation can be generalized.

Anything that people attach unsuspecting belief to, beyond or next to the One God, is a dangerous belief that will collapse on its believers. And the stronger such belief and the more people believe it, the louder and the more inevitable the crash will be.

The more something is generally trusted, the more I distrust it, because it is this very trust that attracts distrustable phenomena.

The gullibility was based on the man�s swearing upon Allah and his Prophet and my wife would not listen any of my misgivings till she saw the business�s bottom falling off.

The best policy in business is  keep the religion out of the contractual context and document everything related to partnership.

If my wife had seen my way and hiring an attorney and taking the so called brothers to court would be such a cinch to get all the monies and probably jail time also. But now the statute of limitation ran out cuz being the nice gall my wife was.

BTW even in case we act as nice Muslim folks and forgive & forget, it doesn�t work that way in the business world the revenue service would like to know the sob story�s detail with all the transaction details and documentations anyways , that burden is still on us. And we are scrambling for that.

Therefore, the trusted "institutions" must inevitably collapse, exactly because they are too trusted.

In the West, that is: the government, the schools, the pension system, the supermarkets, the banks, et cetera. These things attract so much trust, that they simply must collapse. All things that are taken for granted, are the first and foremost candidates for blowing up in our face, exactly because they are so trusted. That kind of trust can only last for some time, before it becomes completely abused.

To put it differently: The very purpose of trust is to be abused.

I don�t know what are you talking about be specific.

So far super market and banks are concerned, it all depends upon the demography. No body takes these things for granted, these market services some one will take care of them if there is any money to be made. The super market would not survive if the meat they sold was bad and caused food poisoning, the owners will be looking at the law suit and they will be taken to the cleaners.

The schools are also demography based and paid for the home owner tax base, You need to be explicit what are saying, may be true where you live�what country is that?

Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
crasss View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crasss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2007 at 2:50am

I can�t tell what country you dwell in to be so cynical about the process!

I've lived in so many countries in the meanwhile, that I really don't know what country to call home. I might move again, depending on the contract situation.

The super market would not survive if the meat they sold was bad and caused food poisoning, the owners will be looking at the law suit and they will be taken to the cleaners.

That really depends on who is involved. If it turns out that this big corporation's pesticide, that you don't know the farmers are using, turns out to give you cancer, you may find the government helpful in covering up on their side, instead of helping you out.

I am inclined to trust food more, when I know that the farmers eat it themselves, because most of the food, they grow for themselves, and they're only selling their surplus to others. I seriously distrust the "agribusiness".

The schools are also demography based and paid for the home owner tax base, You need to be explicit what are saying, may be true where you live

I revert to thinking that is better that the parents pay the school directly, even though that means that some parents may struggle to pay.

In most countries, the government collects tax (at gunpoint) and pays the schools out of these taxes. As a result, parents have little say.

So, if the government decides to mandatorily gender-mix the schools, you end up sending your daughters to a mixed school, regardless of whether you like it or not. In my impression, these mixed schools will eventually and invariably get out of hand, as should be expected.

Children learn quite a few wrong things there, and especially, it degenerates in the wrong kind of popularity contest, where school results are less important than doing in well in the wrong dynamics between teenage boys and girls.

No wonder that American schools are at the bottom of every league. At the same time, by the time they get out of school, they are already veterans of the "dating scene", which I have come to reject as a method to find a spouse.

So, the son ends up being no good at math and unfit for engineering, while the daughter may have managed to do better in terms of school results, but has developed the bad habits that will bedevil her family life later on, and is already divorcing before actually getting married.

These schools also teach ideas that I don't endorse, whereunder:
- sex before marriage is ok; just use a condom
- dating is the way to find a spouse
- it is normal to co-habitate
- to have children outside marriage is acceptable
- arranged marriages are bad
- homosexuality is "normal"
- religion is st**id
- et cetera

They just hijack the kids and the money at gunpoint, and then ruin their education and their future, because a bunch of democratically elected misfits managed to take control of the system and subvert it, which is the normal democratic result, because most people come out of that education system failure and now seriously believe that this is the way things should be.

Look at the pension system. Instead of the kids supporting their own parents through old age, we have a system in which the government collects taxes from the kids, and then supposedly supports the elderly. It cannot be trusted. It shows the wrong dynamics. Why should anybody raise kids? Doing so, eats into your income, and has no old-age benefits. What's more, raising kids requires a stable family, and they've destroyed that too. As a result, the next generation is too small to support the previous one.

Look at the hospitals. I discern the same pattern there. In a government-run hospital scheme, we are just tax payers and not real customers. So, it goes wrong again.

So, I've come to think that this principle can be generalized. Everything the government organizes by collecting taxes at gunpoint, takes away control from the real customers, who have simply been degraded from customers to tax payers. It will eventually be subverted.

I grew up in that system, but I don't believe any longer in it. I am sure it will crash and burn.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic