IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Social consequences of a religion?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Social consequences of a religion?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2007 at 9:13am
Originally posted by rookaiya rookaiya wrote:

crass, this is indeed a relevant topic cos it affects us all in some way or the other. i recently had an encounter with my fellow muslim businessman which left me feeling very sad. i bought a lounge suit from this shop december 2005. i paid R4999. it was a cash sale. after 3 days the lounge suite caved in. it fell apart. i went back to the businessman to complain about the lounge suite. all he could tell me was that he doesnt give guarnatees on his furniture. i was so upset.

i tried to reason with him but to no avail. he just refused to listen and wouldnt do anything to help. i was very disheartened.

eventually i went to the local ulema concil for advise . they contatced the bussinessman and he still refused to refund me my money. after 2 long years, he has only given me back R1500 out of R4900. the lounge suite is with him. i got a moving van and got it delivered to him a week after it fell apart. i am ashamed of the business practices of some of our fellow muslims. its sad that a non muslim shop will give u guarantees and will be willing to give u after sales services and will look into complaints and stuff, but some of our fellow muslims dont care. once they get the money, they care less about the customer.

this same businessman went for Hajj last year. ive heard that many other customers are disgruntled cos he has sold them defective stuff and he refuses to take it back or do anyhting about complaints. its sad when money becomes the root of evil and its people like this that give muslims a bad name. i have now left the matter in the hands of Allah. may justice be done.

What good is ulema council if it doesn't have the enforcement arm behind it?
I got burnt in a business partnership cuz the business partner kept my wife impressed with his constant show of religiosity(about Allah & his Prophet) while he cheated us out in the tune of a third of million dollars. And my wife being too trusting of Muslims cuz of her religiosity I am left holding the bag. Our own relationship went down to point of breakup.
Now I say do not deal with Muslims or trust Muslims; if you have to do it once after verifying twice. And  always get  the  contract in writing.
How can you expect justice from Muslims when they quit justice and Allah quit on them and they became colonized by the west. The way most Muslims behave it is doesn't look like the free people behavior

Edited by Sign*Reader
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
pauline35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pauline35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2007 at 9:27am
Hi! Sign*Reader, what is free people bahavior?   
Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2007 at 11:42am
Originally posted by rookaiya rookaiya wrote:

salaams

the only reason why i would attack the behaviour of my fellow muslim is because i expect better behaviour from him or her. as muslims we are supposed to be honest and trustworthy. its a shame that a muslim will do business this way with a fellow muslim or even non muslims for that matter. where are our priorities. for someone to be so untrustworthy, yet go for hajj, and have people cursing u becos of your business dealings. that is not acceptable at all. for me all hell did break loose cos i dont expect such behaviour from my fellow muslim. i dont and i wont condone it either.

As Salamu Alaikum

That is the problem with people today they only expect only Muslims to be honest and trustworthy.

No sister, All and I repeat All Humans are supposed to be honest, trustworthy, loving, caring etc. Ask the Christians who take part in this forum.

His going for Haj has nothing to do with his honesty or dishonesty, that is an invitation from Allah and he has to answer only to Allah for his misconduct in this world, and the acceptance of his Haj or any other religious duties is between him and His Lord. It has nothing absolutely nothing to do with you.

When are Muslims going to learn to forgive Muslims and get on with helping each other.

Remember people who curse other, get cursed in return. What goes around comes around.

Salams

�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2007 at 11:57am

Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

I got burnt in a business partnership cuz the business partner kept my wife impressed with his constant show of religiosity(about Allah & his Prophet) while he cheated us out in the tune of a third of million dollars. And my wife being too trusting of Muslims cuz of her religiosity I am left holding the bag. Our own relationship went down to point of breakup.

Now I say do not deal with Muslims or trust Muslims; if you have to do it once after verifying twice. And  always get  the  contract in writing.

How can you expect justice from Muslims when they quit justice and Allah quit on them and they became colonized by the west. The way most Muslims behave it is doesn't look like the free people behavior

As Salamu Alaikum

Well it seems like the only dishonest, people in the world are Muslims.  

So brother, from your argument, I don�t think I would trust your wife either because if a religious person left you with an empty bag sooner or later your religious wife will do the same.

Wa Alaikum Salam

�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2007 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by Alwardah Alwardah wrote:

As Salamu Alaikum

Well it seems like the only dishonest, people in the world are Muslims.  

So brother, from your argument, I don�t think I would trust your wife either because if a religious person left you with an empty bag sooner or later your religious wife will do the same.

Wa Alaikum Salam

WAS

I am not generalizing but if you think me doing that will shake some out of their slumber so be it.
My wife lost the voting rights on the financial matters since, and if we didn't have the kids in teens to raise there was a good chance we would have parted our ways. I am doing a sacrifice for the children.

As a bonus I also got heart trouble beside for not keeping the eyes on the ball. Her POV is simplistic that it was written so it was, Allah's will! after making all the mistakes that business plan says not to!

Are you confused ?

What I am saying Allah swt doesn't tell Islamic faith as guarantee to Muslims holding up the verbal contracts, He emphasizes to write down and have it witnessed:
(Quraan 2:282) My wife said just trust the Muslim brothers!

When Muslims will become true Muslims and standby their words we wouldn't be in this discussion. There are more than 50  Muslim countries but hardly they can deal with each other truly in transparent and honest ways. How many have say in the world affairs or their own . Look up the failed states list on GOOgle and count how many are Muslim countries, it will be an eye opening experience. I know it is sad sad story.
Everybody goes through the western system to get paid for goods and services. Most countries are under the heels of corrupt dictatorial regimes with no worthwhile judiciary.
Allah has warned the Muslims at more than half a dozen places about the contracts fulfillment and they will be called upon on the day of reckoning for the violations. Do you need the references?
Finally Allah (sbw) says in SAD 38:24
Truly many are the partners(in business) who wrong each other; not so do those who believe and work deeds of righteousness, and how few are they? ANd Allah says the truth
Peace

Edited by Sign*Reader
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
rookaiya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rookaiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2007 at 10:41pm

theres no point being defensive and talking about other dishonest people. its up to us as muslims to identify our own shortcomings and try and better ourselves. and i disagree with u alwardah. his going to hajj has everything to do with me and all the others he has robbed of money. its with our hard earned cash that he enriched himself and was able to go for hajj.

if we as muslims dont set standards for ourselves and compare ourselves with the rest of mankind, then why should we even go to jannah or why should we consider ourselves the best of creation. if Islam is not our way of life and we dont follow the example of the Prophet PBUH , then  why should we even expect the Prophet PBUH to intercede on our behalf. what have we done to earn these favours that we think we are entitled to.

if someone has wronged me personally, that some one has to ask me for forgiveness cos hes wronged me. he cant ask Allah SWT to forgive him and disregard me. as long as he doesnt ask me to forgive him, then he will be held accountable for the wrongdoing against me.

why is it that when people are going for Hajj, they go to everyone they know ans ask for maaf if they have wronged anyone. why do this? why even bother about it, if you can merely wrong a person and take away their rights and then ask Allah to forgive u, and disregard the person u have wronged.

Edited by rookaiya
"so surely with every difficulty there is relief. Surely with every difficulty there is relief. Surah 94. verses 5 and 6
crasss View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crasss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 12:47am

Calling for government to intervene, will yield exactly that: they will intervene. And the solution is usually worse than the problem, because then it is not just another businessman that will rip us off, but the government too. Will the government actually solve the initial problem? No, usually not. So, now we end up with one more party to rip us off.

I got burnt in a business partnership cuz the business partner kept my wife impressed with his constant show of religiosity(about Allah & his Prophet) while he cheated us out in the tune of a third of million dollars. And my wife being too trusting of Muslims cuz of her religiosity I am left holding the bag.

Instead of listening to someone saying that he is a Muslim, why do so few people seem to do the reasonable thing and rather listen to other people saying that he is a Muslim?

If people generally attach unquestioning belief to the statement that someone says that he is a Muslim, this belief will automatically be abused by people clamouring that they are Muslims in order to abuse that belief.

This observation can be generalized.

Anything that people attach unsuspecting belief to, beyond or next to the One God, is a dangerous belief that will collapse on its believers. And the stronger such belief and the more people believe it, the louder and the more inevitable the crash will be.

The more something is generally trusted, the more I distrust it, because it is this very trust that attracts distrustable phenomena.

Therefore, the trusted "institutions" must inevitably collapse, exactly because they are too trusted.

In the West, that is: the government, the schools, the pension system, the supermarkets, the banks, et cetera. These things attract so much trust, that they simply must collapse. All things that are taken for granted, are the first and foremost candidates for blowing up in our face, exactly because they are so trusted. That kind of trust can only last for some time, before it becomes completely abused.

To put it differently: The very purpose of trust is to be abused.

Edited by crasss
Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 3:06am

As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

I am not referring to anyone particular in this thread but once again appealing to my dear brothers and sisters in Islam avoid negativity towards each other. When we refer to Muslims as such and such, then we are also included in that statement, as we are Muslims as well.  By saying, �I am not going to deal with Muslims anymore,� you are really telling people don�t trust me too, as I am a Muslim.�

Only Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala is PERFECT.

Good behaviour towards other human beings is a right upon each other. As Muslims we should have more refined manners, but we don�t, because we are not practising our Islamic duties in the true spirit as Allah intended.  Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala tells us in the Glorious Qur'an:

So forgive them and overlook (their misdeeds) verily Allah loves Al-Muhsinin (good doers) (Surah Al-Ma�idah 5: 13)

Although the disbelievers were referred to in this statement at the time of its revelation, many scholars today quote this Ayah to remind us to overlook the misdeeds of our Muslim brothers.

As an Ummah we have reached the lowest level of our Iman (our faith). Wealth brings with it destruction as fear of Allah leaves the heart of a believer. Haya is lost so is honesty and integrity. We forget that one day we will definitely die; we forget that we will one day be accountable for all our actions. We forget that we have two angels constantly writing every action we do, every thought we think, every feeling we hide in our hearts.

It is unfortunate, that our rights will be usurped from time to time by our brothers and sisters in Deen. But by criticising them in public we are harming ourselves (the Ummah) more than them. (the individual person).

Every soul will be accountable for his good and bad deeds. Have you forgotten that your grievance will be definitely settled in the Hereafter? You will be abundantly rewarded by Allah.

Prophet Muhammad (Sallallahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam) said:

None of you truly believes until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself and he dislikes for him what he dislikes for himself. (Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

The believer with respect to another believer is like a building; one part strengthens and reinforces the other. (Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

No slave conceals another slave in this world except that Allah conceals (his faults) on the Day of Resurrection. (Muslim)

When we study the Glorious Qur'an and the Sunnah, we find the correct manner to deal with someone who usurped our rights is to forgive and have patience. Our rights will definitely be addressed in the Hereafter. We should make Dua that Allah replaces our loss with something better.

However if someone does approach you seeking advice regarding a brother and your rights have being usurped by him in any way then you should not keep quiet but advise the person seeking information accordingly.

Thank Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala (Alhamdulillah! Alhamdulillah! Alhamdulillah!), that you are not the one who has usurped the rights of another and pray to HIM to protect you always from committing such a sin.

�O my son! If it be (anything) equal to the weight of a grain of mustard seed, and though it be in a rock, or in the heavens or in the earth, Allah will bring it forth. Verily Allah is Latifun-Khabirun (Subtle, Well-Aware) (Surah Luqman 31: 16)

Wa Alaikum Salam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic