IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - A Drive By Posting  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A Drive By Posting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Drive By Posting
    Posted: 06 April 2007 at 4:47pm

I have been very busy as of late with a wonderful new job working as a Software Tester and my schooling.  My husband and I have had little time to breath lately.  He'll be having another surgery soon and then we've both decided for our health to undergo the Lapp band surgery.  Its scary and exciting, but if we don't do something now, the health consequences will be long and dire.  Luckily, Mat's insurance covers the surgery.   

I stopped by today to check out the numerous topics and get a peek into the lives of some dear friends.  I'm glad to see very little has changed  and that most of you are doing well.

Summer is coming quickly here in Utah, but the Winter Snows keep sneaking in.  Meaning, I have a cold.  One day its in the high 70s/ low 80s and the next day, I'm cleaning 4 inches of snow off my Sentra. 

I've been thinking about you all alot lately.  I hope this note finds you all well.  I pray for you all regularly. 

Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2007 at 6:01pm

I'm happy to hear you are doing well, Angela.  My computer crashed and I'm temporarily using David's laptop.  I'm quite anxious to get mine back from the "shop".  I read where Mat is having surgery....and I hope it's nothing serious.  Dave just had surgery on Tuesday, but he's feeling better and "hanging in there".  I'm sure he'll be fine. 

What's the Lapp band surgery? I've never heard of it.

Hope your cold clears up soon. I know what you mean about the weather.  In Maine we just had 18 inches of snowfall yesterday. And now it's back up in the 40s with full sun.  The snow is melting like crazy!  Don't know what to expect from one day to the next.

Take care and enjoy your job and your life!

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2007 at 12:41am

Hi Angela

Thanks for dropping by. As you know I am not very regular myself, but it is great that we still have time to enquire about each other.

This truly is a blessing, caring about people whom we only met in the cyber world.

I pray for a speedy recovery for both your husbands (you and sister Patty)

Take care

Peace

�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2007 at 12:47am

Hi Angela, good to hear from you

Hope all goes well with the surgery.

if you got time, make some noise at ATP

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2007 at 3:40am

Good to hear from you. Hope all goes well with surgery.

I am traveling in Pakistan. This is an eye-opener! :)  I taughth school her for a couple of months and came north to see the Himalayas..

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2007 at 9:39am
Originally posted by Alwardah Alwardah wrote:

Hi Angela

Thanks for dropping by. As you know I am not very regular myself, but it is great that we still have time to enquire about each other.

This truly is a blessing, caring about people whom we only met in the cyber world.

I pray for a speedy recovery for both your husbands (you and sister Patty)

Take care

Peace

Thank you very much, Alwardah, and my husband thanks you too!

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2007 at 5:30am
Originally posted by Angela Angela wrote:

I have been very busy as of late with a wonderful new job working as a Software Tester and my schooling.  My husband and I have had little time to breath lately.  He'll be having another surgery soon and then we've both decided for our health to undergo the Lapp band surgery.  Its scary and exciting, but if we don't do something now, the health consequences will be long and dire.  Luckily, Mat's insurance covers the surgery.   

I stopped by today to check out the numerous topics and get a peek into the lives of some dear friends.  I'm glad to see very little has changed  and that most of you are doing well.

Summer is coming quickly here in Utah, but the Winter Snows keep sneaking in.  Meaning, I have a cold.  One day its in the high 70s/ low 80s and the next day, I'm cleaning 4 inches of snow off my Sentra. 

I've been thinking about you all alot lately.  I hope this note finds you all well.  I pray for you all regularly. 

Dear Angela,

Nice to hear from you and boy am I surprised about the Lapp Band surgery that you are planning.  Yes, it is less expensive than what I will suggest, but please consider my suggestion.  Since you both have the same problem, you can work on it together.  You will still have to work on it after the surgery, and the consequences of the surgery are expensive to deal with as well.

What about a get-a-way resort to deal with this?  Yes, it's expensive, but you could work on the real underlying problems which caused this, which you will still have to deal with after the surgery. 

I'm talking about a weight reduction place that's seriously geared to helping you both change your behavior and attitudes toward the culprits of food and metabolism and environment et cetera.  Working together with good modeling and instruction seems like a great way to go.  And you'll be much closer for it, In Shah Allah.

Love,

HJ

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
mariyah View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariyah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2007 at 8:43pm

Hello Angela,

I haven't been be here much lately as well, and don't you think that the Lapp Band surgery is a rather harsh way to lose weight? I agree with Herji, it is expensive and sometimes not the way to go.

I lost 40 lbs by going on a nearly fat free diet except for olive oil and fish and flax seed oil and following the advice of the prophet: with regards to the contents of your stomach: 1/3 water, 1/3 food, 1/3 air.

It worked, and it stays off. Get rid of the refined sugar, packaged foods and go back to cooking with whole grains. Eat more fresh fruits and vegetables.

My daughter has a diet plan called the Book of Mormon diet. She follows it and is stil svelte at the age of 32 and 2 kids. In my family the women seem to take after the husky farmer's wife body type with the oversized chest. She is a marvel.

May Allah (swt) keep you and your husband safe and in good health!

Mariyah

"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic