IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - confusing church sign?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

confusing church sign?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aminah07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: confusing church sign?
    Posted: 06 April 2007 at 3:31am

ASA,

last weekend we were driving on a small trip away from home and on one stretch of the frwy there was a church off too the side on a hill with a huge bill board sign on the hill overlooking the frwy and i've been thinking about the sign this last week and wondering what exactly they were trying to say?

the sign read "like the spring flowers our lord God will resurect" so are they saying that Isa(as) is their God? i haven't read the entire Bible i've heard a Imam at a lecture that used to be christian explain many similiarities and differences but that sign really surprised me i thought the christians believed that God was Allah(swt) and that there is only one Allah(swt) free from needing a worldly life.

Aminah

Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2007 at 5:36am

Dear Aminah07,

Catholics and Protestants (Christians) believe that Jesus is the 2nd person of the Holy Trinity.  We believe that Jesus was crucified on the cross by Pontius Pilate, and as He had told his disciples he would, he resurrected after 3 days.  Today is Good Friday in my faith.....the day of the Crucifixion of Jesus.  On Sunday (Easter) we believe he rose/resurrected from the dead.  That is why the sign you saw at the little church read "like the spring flowers our Lord God will resurrect".  We believe in the Holy Trinity which is comprised of God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit.  I do not expect you, as a Muslim, to believe it at all.  I am only explaining our belief(s).  We DO NOT  believe in 3 Gods....we believe they are 3 entities in ONE God.  Example quickly would be ice, snow,sleet = water.  Three different forms in one substance.

Peace and Joy to You!

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
Aminah07 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aminah07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2007 at 7:11am

WAS Patty,

like pieces of a puzzle? the three make up one in your faith?

i appreciate the explanation i never knew that the three were considered one in your faith. thank you that will help when i meet other Christians with questions about Islam. the sign just seemed baffling to me.

i saw last week on martha stewart(abc) that they were coloring eggs blood red with dye from beets and said it symbolized the blood of Isa(as) in the greek culture. do the bunnies and chicks mean something too?

Aminah

Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2007 at 7:34am
Originally posted by Aminah07 Aminah07 wrote:

WAS Patty,

like pieces of a puzzle? the three make up one in your faith?

i appreciate the explanation i never knew that the three were considered one in your faith. thank you that will help when i meet other Christians with questions about Islam. the sign just seemed baffling to me.

i saw last week on martha stewart(abc) that they were coloring eggs blood red with dye from beets and said it symbolized the blood of Isa(as) in the greek culture. do the bunnies and chicks mean something too?

Aminah

LOL....the bunnies and chicks only mean fun for the children, as far as I know. 

There is one Holy Scripture verse which I believe as telling of the Holy Trinity (the word trinity is never used in the bible), and the verse is from I John, 5-7:

"For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit: and these three are one."

Have a wonderful day!

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2007 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by Aminah07 Aminah07 wrote:

ASA,

last weekend we were driving on a small trip away from home and on one stretch of the frwy there was a church off too the side on a hill with a huge bill board sign on the hill overlooking the frwy and i've been thinking about the sign this last week and wondering what exactly they were trying to say?

the sign read "like the spring flowers our lord God will resurect" so are they saying that Isa(as) is their God? i haven't read the entire Bible i've heard a Imam at a lecture that used to be christian explain many similiarities and differences but that sign really surprised me i thought the christians believed that God was Allah(swt) and that there is only one Allah(swt) free from needing a worldly life.

Aminah

Try Googling church signs; it is an industry in enlightenment or entertainment whatever.  Don't take seriously!
church sign smackdown
church signs
Jesis loves Osama

Edited by Sign*Reader
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic