IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Conspiracy Theories
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Fearful Pakistani women  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fearful Pakistani women

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crasss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2007 at 7:22am
Originally posted by Abeer-Khan Abeer-Khan wrote:

Going on a date, which actually is good for a women�s freedom, which is not available in Pakistan.

You are running behind on the facts. Dating is "out" in the West. Teenagers "hook up" nowadays.

Are You There God? It's Me, Monica
... they know for a fact�that all over the city, in the very best schools, in the nicest families, in the leafiest neighborhoods, twelve- and thirteen-year-old girls are performing oral sex on as many boys as they can...A mother concerned that her daughter has turned to performing oral sex on strangers at age twelve...And here are America's girls: experienced beyond their years, lacking any clear message from the adult community about the importance of protecting their modesty, adrift in one of the most explicitly sexualized cultures in the history of the world. Here are America's girls: on their knees.

I Don't Even Know Your Last Name, But Let's Hook Up! : Teen Relationships
The times are changing. I have come to the conclusion that old fashioned dating is a thing of the past. Today�s youth have turned to casual and random �hook ups."...Teens need to recognize the consequences of random hook ups and not getting to know a person. According to a poll conducted by NBC News and People Magazine nearly 3 in 10 (27%) thirteen to sixteen year-olds are sexually active. While some teens may realize the consequences of being promiscuous, many teens are not taking the measures to protect themselves. Sadly, random hookups represent today's culture, a culture where courtship is dead.

What you should be advocating, is the right for Pakistani girls to hook up, and engage in random sex with strangers, because that is how the current generation of American girls are using their "freedom".

crasss View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crasss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2007 at 2:33am
Originally posted by Whisper Whisper wrote:

There is a huge post 9 / 11 Islam and Muslim bashing industry - backed by more funds than you and I could ever imagine.

No matter how much money in the world, can hide the truth. The situation keeps on degenerating in the West. Instead of trying to sell the "dating" practice, they must now try to sell the "hooking up" practice.

No marketing budget in the world is sufficiently large to convince Muslims of going along with that.

I am really curious as to what's next? What can be worse than casual sex with strangers? That's very interesting because that's where the West is heading next ...

mdiscussion View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdiscussion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2007 at 9:32pm

Men are the protectors of Women, and or they should be.

I am a Muslim female, living in the United States.  It is basically illegal to be a Muslim in America at this time.

I am a U.S. Citizen by birth.

I was detained for allegedly being a threat to national security.

I went through an extraordinary rendition.

I have few legal rights.

The following is what happens to me on almost a daily basis in America.

Friday, May 11, 2007.

On my way to work, I was taken of a local public transportation bus, by 3 transit (transportation) police officers, along with a K-9 Unit.  Outside of the bus, they had a prisoner transport van, a police cruiser, and a K-9 Cruiser, with a K-9 (bomb sniffing dog) in the vehicle with the windows down, that drove directly up to me as soon as I was taken off the bus.

I was wearing a hijab, and was on my way to work.

They told me they were conducting an investigation, and that they would like for me to go with them.  As well, they did not follow legal procedures. 

In the United States, there are specific legal procedures, that need to be followed for the above to occur.  The specific legal procedures were not followed.

May 19th, 2007

I was questioned illegally, involving financial transactions. 

Thru the use of a financial business, I was questioned.

I did not reply.  Sometimes there are only one way conversations.

These are the types of things happening to Muslims in America right now.

I am a female. 

Please re-consider your stance on your initial posting regarding the over-protection of women.  It is absolutely necessary.

I am pursued continously for allegedly being a threat to national security.

Please re-consider your stance on your initial posting regarding the over-protection of women.  It is absolutely necessary.

I am forced to engage in warfare daily in America.  I am a female.

M

This happened in Allston, MA USA.

crasss View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crasss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2007 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by mdiscussion mdiscussion wrote:

Men are the protectors of Women, and or they should be. I am a Muslim female, living in the United States.  It is basically illegal to be a Muslim in America at this time.

The number of Muslims in America is currently too small, unlike in Europe, to fend off the surveillance state successfully.

The global conflict is anywhere from over, and I see them rounding up Muslims sooner or later.

I can only see one way to beef up the numbers quickly and sufficiently.

It is the Hispanics who are hanging in the balance. There would be nothing more threatening to the American surveillance state than seeing Rodriguez, Felipe, and Antonio, all members of another "inferior" class, which the surveillance state wished to finally make accept their racial and cultural "inferiority", chanting "Allah Akbar!". What else could be a bigger "f*ck you" to the hated racist surveillance state? The blacks are also finally getting it.

It will not be easy to make a dent in that Hispanic Catholic constellation, but it is definitely not impossible.

Large groups of Latinos are currently converting to Protestant denominations, and to some extent, Islam is not that different from what they believe now.

They would mostly have to drop the idea that the One God would have white, European family members (and drop the other "mysteries"). From there, the distance to Islam becomes very small.

How hard can it be to convince them to drop all of that? They probably don't believe any of it anyway.

Gaining support amongst the Hispanics is matter of survival.

Edited by crasss
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2008 at 5:09am
Abeer:

First of all the situation is bad . . .but not hopless like you state. I am a die-hard Pakistani and have lived in Lahore for some time. Things are looking up. . . (not politically though :p)

The university ur talking abt is Punjab University . . .and its a Govt owned univ. Pretty much all I can say is that right now, most of the govt owned univs are not doing too well. They are a haven for political student organizations. .  not education. And PU is no exception.

The situation you described is rampant in the govt universitites, which are a few. Private Universities are doing well and do not have such a situation.

For any non-Pakistanis, Jamat-i-Islaami is a purely political org, that uses Islam as bait for ignorant voters. They are a lousy lot. I'm sorry to any supporters, but they are.  Which is why ALMOST all of thier members are lousy, uneducated blokes, who like to rebel and have virtually no use whatsoever to the society.

Though I am staunchly against the flirting/dating culture, I see nothing wrong in professional interaction between men & women . . .especially in Universities. And what these Polit Orgs do is despicable. Abeer, "dating" is not what women need to liberate themselves, if they want to "liberate" themselves, they should undo the 'boyfriend' shackle and focus on thier education, career and religion.

And for those who think that Pakistan in overrun by Fanatic lunatics, I assure you its not. They are just a bunch of losers, who have batons, rifles, and some voters thats all. They also manage to show up a lot on the media, since the media always likes to give coverage to raving fanatics. Which is why ppl assume incorrectly that Pakistan is overrun by these ppl.

And though I am a staunch supporter of the Hijab/Viel . . .I am strongly against FORCING ppl to adopt it. Which is why I am against JI's policies in Universitites. However Abeer . . .you are misinformed if you think that 'unvieling' oneself is the solution to liberation . . .it is not.

However, I believe ur article was in good intention . . .And I am all for weeding  out corrupt student bodies, and misguided theo-political organizations from the country.
xx__Ace__xx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xx__Ace__xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2010 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by Abeer-Khan Abeer-Khan wrote:

1> A Pakistani woman is not being allowed to walk shoulder to shoulder with men. Then what�s the use of living in a free country, where freedom is practically worthless, especially for females?

2> Please come out of your shell of innocence. Take off your veils, and let the men of our society know, that enough is enough

3> Pakistani husbands look at their wives, as a sex machine for their own pleasure, but not to love or be concerned for. He thinks of her as a birth machine that�s supposed to give birth to his seven, ten or even more children, each year without a gap. He has no concern for her health.

4> Going on a date, which actually is good for a women�s freedom, which is not available in Pakistan.

Lets break this down to what struck me most outta your entire post ;)

1> Awww, freedom? Been hearing that a lot. You reside in the west I'm guessing. Pretty sure you've seen what too much freedom can lead to, especially amongst the so called cool people who 'want to move along with the times'. Nah? ;)

2>  Wooh, scary. "Come out of your shell of innocence." "Come out of your veils"? Why'd ya want women who have decided to wear Hijaab for the respect of their religion to leave this habbit? Seems to me like 'coming out of veils' is a positive thing to do based on your thinking.

3> Woah woah woah. Hold it ma'am. Its a sad story alright. Wish it doesn't happen to someone. But hey, describing a rare individual issue and claiming it to be a major problem as if being witnessed in every other household is pretty...Err...funny?
I do see your main point though, wherever in the world women are being abused, I'm strictly against the cowardice act, and it needs to be stopped right over.

4> Figured so, expected this kinda thinking. Dating? Like, come on? You say that's a solution to prevent women from being abused? Sure, that's a highly awesome solution, unforunately towards the extreme negative end of the scale though.

No hard feelings, just put my thought out there. But then again you'd feel an eighteen year old's thoughts to be childish, so I'd expect that. I'll grab the satisfaction of expressing what I wanted to though Wink

Edited by xx__Ace__xx - 01 June 2010 at 10:34pm
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2010 at 10:58am
I missed this whole discussion..lol
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2010 at 12:30pm
Hey, I missed this too,lol.

And what happened to the OP? She was REAL upset .

Her post did remind me of the time I used to walk several paces behind my ex-Pak husband. Hehe, in London too. Looked really odd. Man, he was just so fast! lol. And if we were ever out anywhere he would always be first to enter a door and then let it close in my face. Lol, but we all know he was an egomaniac. However I do think he must have been programmed from birth..to act above others. Weird really..and am so glad to travel at my own pace these days.

Life is changing in Pakistan. Those that are better educated DO speak up more than they did. THey get good qualifications and work, so they don;t need to feel intimidated by men.

The poorer women are perhaps the less fortunate. And the OP does have some valid points I guess. BUt hardly worth discussing as she isn't here. I suspect she had some bad experience. That is really sad. But hope that now time has passed she has become the type of woman she obviously was wishing to be.

Salams

some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic